Snaps' 6 Week Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Feeling good today. Put on some old summer clothes today and they were so much looser. And one of the mums at school that I haven't spoken to in a while said, "you have lost so much weight, there's nothing left" What a boost...even though I do have a bit left. 2nd fast day tomorrow, good luck to everyone :smiley:
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I made my fasts this week ( actually did 3 days), ate well on my NF days and still lost a little weight and feel great. I've been eating at maintenance on my NF days and that has really helped me. I've found that I choose better foods (calorie rich and clean) so I can eat more. I'm loving this!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Week 5 of the challenge. Man, 6 weeks goes quick. So ... Weigh-in on Sunday went well and I'm down 1.2 lbs. This week is going to be tough one. One of my little girls b-day is Wednesday so it will be chocolate cake and lasagne, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, sorry...yum. On a bright note Monday's fast went flawlessly and rather easily and I walked tons and did not eat those calories back, yippy! Next fast will be on Friday.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Made it through my little girl's b-day. Ended the day in a bit of a 'food coma', but surprise, surprise, the left over chocolate cake ended up in the bin. No hiding the rest in the cupboard and secretly eating the rest the next day, so small victory. Will try to keep myself under control today and fasting tomorrow.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    Made it through my little girl's b-day. Ended the day in a bit of a 'food coma', but surprise, surprise, the left over chocolate cake ended up in the bin. No hiding the rest in the cupboard and secretly eating the rest the next day, so small victory.Will try to keep myself under control today and fasting tomorrow.

Wow, Snaps...that's not small at all, it's BIG! The squirrel in us wants to keep treats for a rainy day or not let them «waste». But that's the amygdala talking. You moved your boundary to a healthier place by saying no to eating the leftover cake in secret. Good job :D

@Flumi. I'm happy to hear your recovery is going well. Ya never know with surgery.

There has been celebrations and luckily I haven't gained. Somehow hard to fit in FD in my normal exercise regime. But someone in ketogains posted that old link to a T-Nation article bout 5:2 for lifters. It reminded me that I just have to follow my own advice and tailor the plan for ME. So here on out I'll shoot for 800 on FD. Maybe I can adhere better.
    https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/5-2-fat-loss-diet-for-lifters. Oops, take t-nation with a grain of salt.

On a good note, I've increased my maintenance calories quite a bit. Haven't crunched the avg numbers yet, but I eat ca 1500-2000 net/day. What a difference from when I was gaining at 1200! I'm very happy bout this development!

Edit: Sorry, thought I was posting in weekly thread. Meh.
  • snaps27
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks foamroller! Todays fast day and it's super hot and it is my kids schools summer fair! I will let them run around a bit and I will resist any candy floss/cotton candy :p Then I will come home and have my 500cal dinner. One week left of this challenge and then it's the 35 b-day!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Hey everyone, it is my last week of this challenge. Sunday's weigh-in gave me a shock at 165.2lbs...3.2lbs down from last week. I would be thrilled if I see that number again next Sunday, right before my B-day. Yesterdays fast went well and my next fast is on Friday. I get to make a trip to the American food Store in London tomorrow...I am so excited to get some American treats that I haven't had in ages (Hopefully I won't gain all the weight I lost on Monday ;) ). Tomorrow will be the hottest day of the year, here in London 35C/89F. Hope everyone is having a great summer day.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Great news Snaps!! Looks like you won your challenge!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Today brings an end to my 6 week challenge. And today's weigh-in has gotten me down to my lowest...164.6 lbs!! So from 170.6 to 164.6 an loss of 6 pounds. I am totally pleased with that. Half way through the challenge I really thought I would have had to write on this day and say "although I didn't reach my goal...", but I haven't had to do that because I REACHED MY GOAL! Well mini goal!!! So so happy!

During this challenge I completed all my fasts and all of them were on the same days Monday and Friday. I have been walking more and resisting my desire to snack. Next I will be pushing for September because that is my one year anniversary.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!! Well done Snaps! I am very happy for you!!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Thanks so much flumi_f :)
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Snaps, if you are going to do another 6 week challenge, I will join you! I've been consistently doing 5:2 since Dec. 23, 2014. I've lost 27 lbs so far without getting super crazy or restrictive on FD. However, I have been at a plateau and I've got 10 more lbs to go. I would like to do a 6 week challenge to be a little more strict on FD.
  • snaps27
    Options
    I think that it would be great to have another 6 weeks challenge. I have been really slacking this summer. I will try and sum up the courage and attempt to start on Monday the 3rd of August and the six weeks will finish the 13th of September. I will start the new thread on Monday. I have been o lazy this summer because the kids are off school and I am just letting myself eat all the treats with the kids...so very naughty! Thanks for giving me the push to push myself! See you Monday.
  • flossyruby1
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have been having the same issue. I've stayed true to my Tuesday/Friday fasts, but have been very loose with calories. The upside is that I've stayed the same (which is great information for maintenance once I reach my goal). I am determined to get to a weight I haven't seen in eons. I love the Sept end date because I will be celebrating my 18th wedding anniversary. I'll check in on Monday ;)
  • flossyruby1
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'll look forward to checking in on Monday. Hang in there...kids will be back in school before you know it. I love not having such a busy schedule, but it certainly changes what we can get done (meaning NOTHING). It will be nice to be able to think of myself for a bit, at least between 8:20-3:30, Monday through Friday
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too!
  • snaps27
    Options
    I'll look forward to checking in on Monday. Hang in there...kids will be back in school before you know it. I love not having such a busy schedule, but it certainly changes what we can get done (meaning NOTHING). It will be nice to be able to think of myself for a bit, at least between 8:20-3:30, Monday through Friday

Totally 100% agree! I do so much better when I have my routine and right now it is shot! See you on Monday.
  • jeneveg
    jeneveg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'll be joining you in your challenge as it finishes just in time for my birthday.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    This is fantastic!! It sounds like we are all in the same boat. What is it about summer (with or without kids)?!? Ugh...so looking forward to a "normal" schedule. Cheers, everyone!