Day before Challenge Preparation?

Options
danielaica
danielaica Posts: 28 Member
Hi all,
Besides this group and app, are you doing something extra to prepare for this challenge?

I've been eating clean for a while so the mayor challenge for me is to try adding more exercise. My preparation is reading a lot about fitness and nutrition and also motivational quotes.

Have a great day

Replies

• rjneeley
    rjneeley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's funny; usually just before I start a challenge I go hog wild -- eating everything in sight. Not so this time -- for the past 2 weeks I've been eating much better than usual, getting in plenty of exercise, and drinking plenty of water. I've had a few off days or meals, but for the most part, things are good. My biggest concern is the weekends. If I can stay on track both of those days every week, I know I can reach my goal.

Good luck everyone!
  • rdtalon
    rdtalon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I kinda promised myself I would stay on track until I hit my goal weight, so no pre-challenge binging lol. Honestly, I haven't been doing too bad so far, so I mostly want to keep going as I am. Perhaps you are right though, maybe I should do a little something.

I think I'll make my mall walks more interesting/entertaining by getting some earbuds and listening to podcasts as I walk. I've been walking about 30 mins to an hour almost every day, but time flies a lot faster if I am having a conversation with someone (my brother usually walks with me), so listening to a podcast will likely do the same thing.
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Not really. I find that it's so darned hard for me to shake a pound loose that i'm trying to stick relatively close to the straight and narrow! Good luck to you guys - I hope you reach your goals as easily as possible.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,289 Member
    Options
    Since my bestest down fall is late night snacking so I'm loading up on fruit. It helps my sweet tooth!
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any other prep besides peeping my mind to become healthy and continuing to take Plexus as instructed. I know my eating with change when I get back into the classroom. I'm excited and look forward to the whole group reaching their goals!
  • jjacks1986
    jjacks1986 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    rjneeley wrote: »
    It's funny; usually just before I start a challenge I go hog wild -- eating everything in sight. Not so this time -- for the past 2 weeks I've been eating much better than usual, getting in plenty of exercise, and drinking plenty of water. I've had a few off days or meals, but for the most part, things are good. My biggest concern is the weekends. If I can stay on track both of those days every week, I know I can reach my goal.

Good luck everyone!

same here...weekends are killer! I am out of the usual routine and tend to fall off the wagon when out and about! need to remember to bring as have a healthy snack with me to avoid having that piece of cake with my coffee etc. :)

• loni26
    loni26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Since my bestest down fall is late night snacking so I'm loading up on fruit. It helps my sweet tooth!

Just becareful with eating to much fruit , remember fruit has alot of sugar
  • i4gv777
    i4gv777 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am listening to "Inside Out Weightloss" podcasts by Renee Stephens. She deals with the mental challenge of weight loss. She can be found on iTunes.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm in the zone and just focusing on keeping my calorie count inline and exercising. Weekends are the pits for me too. Last night was a huge victory- to drink wine, not over drink, and stay within my calories.
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i4gv777 wrote: »
    I am listening to "Inside Out Weightloss" podcasts by Renee Stephens. She deals with the mental challenge of weight loss. She can be found on iTunes.

I love weight loss podcasts! They really help to keep me motivated! I will look her up & definitely be listening to her this month!
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I am just doing what I have been doing, logging everything, exercising 2 hours a day, finding new recipes and changing up my exercises periodically.