Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Day before Challenge Preparation?

danielaica
danielaica Posts: 28 Member
Hi all,
Besides this group and app, are you doing something extra to prepare for this challenge?

I've been eating clean for a while so the mayor challenge for me is to try adding more exercise. My preparation is reading a lot about fitness and nutrition and also motivational quotes.

Have a great day

Replies

• rjneeley
    rjneeley Posts: 59 Member
    It's funny; usually just before I start a challenge I go hog wild -- eating everything in sight. Not so this time -- for the past 2 weeks I've been eating much better than usual, getting in plenty of exercise, and drinking plenty of water. I've had a few off days or meals, but for the most part, things are good. My biggest concern is the weekends. If I can stay on track both of those days every week, I know I can reach my goal.

Good luck everyone!
  • rdtalon
    rdtalon Posts: 42 Member
    I kinda promised myself I would stay on track until I hit my goal weight, so no pre-challenge binging lol. Honestly, I haven't been doing too bad so far, so I mostly want to keep going as I am. Perhaps you are right though, maybe I should do a little something.

I think I'll make my mall walks more interesting/entertaining by getting some earbuds and listening to podcasts as I walk. I've been walking about 30 mins to an hour almost every day, but time flies a lot faster if I am having a conversation with someone (my brother usually walks with me), so listening to a podcast will likely do the same thing.
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Not really. I find that it's so darned hard for me to shake a pound loose that i'm trying to stick relatively close to the straight and narrow! Good luck to you guys - I hope you reach your goals as easily as possible.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,555 Member
    Since my bestest down fall is late night snacking so I'm loading up on fruit. It helps my sweet tooth!
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    I haven't done any other prep besides peeping my mind to become healthy and continuing to take Plexus as instructed. I know my eating with change when I get back into the classroom. I'm excited and look forward to the whole group reaching their goals!
  • jjacks1986
    jjacks1986 Posts: 19 Member
    rjneeley wrote: »
    It's funny; usually just before I start a challenge I go hog wild -- eating everything in sight. Not so this time -- for the past 2 weeks I've been eating much better than usual, getting in plenty of exercise, and drinking plenty of water. I've had a few off days or meals, but for the most part, things are good. My biggest concern is the weekends. If I can stay on track both of those days every week, I know I can reach my goal.

Good luck everyone!

same here...weekends are killer! I am out of the usual routine and tend to fall off the wagon when out and about! need to remember to bring as have a healthy snack with me to avoid having that piece of cake with my coffee etc. :)

• loni26
    loni26 Posts: 18 Member
    Since my bestest down fall is late night snacking so I'm loading up on fruit. It helps my sweet tooth!

Just becareful with eating to much fruit , remember fruit has alot of sugar
  • i4gv777
    i4gv777 Posts: 17 Member
    I am listening to "Inside Out Weightloss" podcasts by Renee Stephens. She deals with the mental challenge of weight loss. She can be found on iTunes.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    I'm in the zone and just focusing on keeping my calorie count inline and exercising. Weekends are the pits for me too. Last night was a huge victory- to drink wine, not over drink, and stay within my calories.
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    i4gv777 wrote: »
    I am listening to "Inside Out Weightloss" podcasts by Renee Stephens. She deals with the mental challenge of weight loss. She can be found on iTunes.

I love weight loss podcasts! They really help to keep me motivated! I will look her up & definitely be listening to her this month!
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    I am just doing what I have been doing, logging everything, exercising 2 hours a day, finding new recipes and changing up my exercises periodically.