Introductions

Options
123457»

Replies

• JanOtt59
    JanOtt59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Jan. I' m 56 years old and my husband and I live in Nebraska. We have two grown sons. I'd like to lose 50 pounds. I lost 40 pounds two years ago and have slowly gained it back. Not this time!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Katie from Rhode Island. I'm 35 and 168 lbs. I grew up as an athlete and my weight has been up and down throughout my adult life. Unfortunately, it has just been up for the past few years. My goal is 135 (give or take a few). I am a teacher and have really changed my eating and exercise habits over the summer. I really want to continue that as I go back to work in August.
  • lynnsmith312
    lynnsmith312 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lynn. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA. I'm 54 years old.

CW : 210
    GW : 170-180
    Height : 5'6"

if you want to know more...
    I grew up being very athletic and always had physical jobs. In 1996 I started taking depression medicine, which started putting some extra weight on me. In 1999 I started a sit-down job as a computer programmer (I'm still in the IT industry, still sitting) and that added more weight to my body. I got up to as high as 262 pounds I but am now down to 210. I've been stuck in the 210-220 range for a few years. Since I've started logging my meals into MFP I've realized that my biggest issues are TOO MUCH SUGAR, too many calories in one day and no exercise. :( Logging my meals and exercise has made me aware of how UN-HEALTHY I really am. It doesn't help that I am a lazy couch potato. Anyway, I ‘m glad I’m here and I hope that I can keep up with this challenge!
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi fam! I'm 26 and a railroader from Fort Worth, Texas. I love to make friends and this sounds like fun!
  • brainjuiceca
    brainjuiceca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Karen from Canada. Too much, too often has been my norm since childhood. At 48, I want to be 150lbs by the time I am 50. I am 5'4" and 207lbs right now I have two girls in their 20s and a fabulous husband.
  • GuddaB
    GuddaB Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :)
    I´m from iceland and just turned 20 this year! ive been failing at getting fit so this month i'm actually doing this!
    CW - 176lbs or 80kgs
    H: 5'6" (167,5)
    GW: around 110-121lbs or around 50 kgs
    Im really interested in judo so im restarting that this winter and i just bought a gym membership!
    glad to meet you all! let´s doooo diissss!
  • brendaonlygirl
    brendaonlygirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Jewel and I live in Barbados. Three years ago I lost over 30 lbs and put back on most of it because I'm an emotional eater. If I'm upset or overwhelmed or just feeling unworthy I eat!!!! Plus I love good food and I can cook well.....A deadly combination. I'd like to lose 15 lbs and keep it off due to some health challenges. This group will give me the motivation, support and accountability I need to start the process and maintain it. Wishing everyone who has joined so far good luck on this journey.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    Options
    I'm Jackie from Washinton State, I have 3 kids and two adorable grand babies, Natalya, 5 months and Joey, 5 years old! My goal is to lose 10 pounds and get back to my maintenance weight. A couple years ago I took up running. Now mornings are usually my early energy booster!!!!
  • Megan__Marie
    Megan__Marie Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Megan. I am 26 years old and live in Pa. I've stuggled with my weight my entire life, and started using MFP a few years ago. Since then my weight has been a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. I'm really trying to stick to it this time and think being apart of this group can help keep me motivated. I'm going to do my best to help keep you all motivated too! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Jamie from Washington state. Last summer, I was close to my goal and then some stuff happened and now I'm in the upper 160s. My original goal was 145, but now I'm thinking that I might just go until I fit into the clothes I bought last summer. I need to tighten up my logging and stop with all of the extra treats! Also, I need to keep the "depression monster" under control.

Hi, Jamie, I'm from Washington State too, good luck in the challenge!
  • kldickison
    kldickison Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Karen and I am sort of from Kentucky. My mailing address is KY but my husband and I are full time RVers and we circle the country once a year doing craft shows/festivals/fairs. Last week I weighed 214.8. I gained 35 pounds in the last year and a half. Traveling and working like we do, it is hard to keep focus on my eating. I am setting my goal to lose 30 pounds by the end of February of next year when I visit my sister in California then hope to lose another 25 in the six months after that. It is going to be a big challenge for me. I look forward to contributing and receiving support from y'all.
  • kldickison
    kldickison Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say that I am 63 years old.
  • ashadams12
    ashadams12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm Ashley- 28 years old and live in Ohio. I'm a mom to 6 month old and loving it, but still struggling to lose baby weight. Currently 217 lbs hoping to reach goal of160-170 .. and most importantly start a healthy life style that I can teach my son.