has completed his diary and exercise diary for BLAH BLAH BLAH! ... BA HUMBUG!

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
My MFP Friends,

I was looking into the MFP settings on my PC tonight and found a wonderful thing! You can turn off the some of the annoying posts to your status report...!

If you are logged into MFP, go to your settings here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/news_feed_settings

and turn some of those things off, especially the one in this picture:

houh0w9xicvz.png

I beg you turn that particular one off. It serves no useful purpose and just clutters up the status reports.

Thank you!

I hope this helps,
Dan the Man from Michigan
Keto / IF / Sedentary
100 pounds down, 24 to go.

P.S. Please post on my wall that you did it, and I will send you $10.00 :wink:

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the 411! Took care of that tonight. Because it IS annoying!!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    OMG YESSSSSSSSS
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    And this is how you turn off that ad for Diet Coke at the top of your screen:
    https://adblockplus.org/
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Or you can open a new profile and don't do friends. There will be almost no notifications and feed info coming in.

And your diary updates will never bother anyone!
  • DittoDan
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    And this is how you turn off that ad for Diet Coke at the top of your screen:
    https://adblockplus.org/
    zcfvkug7yulo.png

Thank you WAB!!!! I just installed it and it works perfectly. I just started using Chrome about a month ago. So this was a welcome addition!!!

Keto / IF / Sedentary
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Now how do we get rid of the big green "IF" button in our diaries?
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I love that one!!! Don't turn it off! That's how I know when to go stalk your day and get ideas and motivation on what to eat! Crazy stalker here, yes. Now if I could turn off that annoying liar "if you ate like this everyday you'd weigh..." I'm all over that.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Def turning off that "I commented" or "I liked" parts. As if I need to be reminded what I did. ??? Never got that. Does anyone really care if I liked something?!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Did anyone notice they puts ads in the news feed too, what's that about?
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Did anyone notice they puts ads in the news feed too, what's that about?
    I just saw that today. I could almost understand the reasoning if the ads had something to do with food/diet/health, but the one I saw was Old Spice.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Huh. You're right! I'm so mind blind to ads I didn't even notice.
  • htecky76
    htecky76 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Turned it off, along with a few others. I had left it on thinking it'd be a way to meet friends and get encouragement but it did nothing. I too wish we could turn of the "you will wiegh this amount in 5 weeks", it's depressing!!!
    On a side note, I also want to turn off the thing that will not let me log my entry if I don't get 1000 calories a day. In order to stop it I had to basically delete all my exercises because my calorie deficit will go below 1000 when it adds them in. Or sometimes I go and change the calories setting so I did 45 minutes of aerobics for 1 calorie burn!! Lol It's a lot of extra steps and it deletes information that I would like to keep, ie the calories I'm burning and the exercises I'm getting. I don't believe in eating back your calories because a lot of times the Garmin or the treadmill or excetera give you a calorie count that you have no way of knowing if it is accurate.
    Anyways, I hope you're all having a good day and good luck with your diet.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Def turning off that "I commented" or "I liked" parts. As if I need to be reminded what I did. ??? Never got that. Does anyone really care if I liked something?!

I leave the commented one on because I have a lot of friends and it can be hard to find a conversation again on my wall. I like being able to go to my profile and click on it.

I think most everything else is turned off for me. I have had the diary thing off forever.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    htecky76 wrote: »
    ...On a side note, I also want to turn off the thing that will not let me log my entry if I don't get 1000 calories a day. In order to stop it I had to basically delete all my exercises because my calorie deficit will go below 1000 when it adds them in. Or sometimes I go and change the calories setting so I did 45 minutes of aerobics for 1 calorie burn!! Lol...

Agree. I sometimes use the food (search it's there) "fake food so my MFP logs". Like yesterday. It goes in 100 cal increments.
  • htecky76
    htecky76 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    htecky76 wrote: »
    ...On a side note, I also want to turn off the thing that will not let me log my entry if I don't get 1000 calories a day. In order to stop it I had to basically delete all my exercises because my calorie deficit will go below 1000 when it adds them in. Or sometimes I go and change the calories setting so I did 45 minutes of aerobics for 1 calorie burn!! Lol...

Agree. I sometimes use the food (search it's there) "fake food so my MFP logs". Like yesterday. It goes in 100 cal increments.
    Now that's funny! That's an idea I haven't tried... may have to.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks! All fixed. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I kinda like hitting that complete button each night. In my head it's like a daily finish line I get to cross.
    I've also decided to test the weight estimates its giving me. I've only recorded them for the last 6 days so far, but I want to test its accuracy for myself at the 5 week mark. I'm going to average each weeks estimates to get one number and then see where I'm at in 5 weeks compared to it.
    But, I have to say that If I continue to lose at the rate I have been so far, the estimates it gives me will prove to be high. I would actually lose more than its saying. I really wish I had kept track from the beginning. With only 14 lbs left to goal, I expect it will slow down, but I'm surprised it hasn't already. Ive realized lately that my loss trend has been considerably better than expected. I'm not sure why...
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    For me too its a mental thing. I know as soon as I hit the complete diary button, the kitchen is closed. No more snacking, no more adding another snack in. DONE! And I like seeing the entries saying people have completed their diary because then I just click view diary and check out their day :)
  • DittoDan
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't have a problem with anyone hitting the completed button- it will update you. But does everyone need to know you completed it? Go ahead and turn off the notification to everyone. You can hit that button to your hearts desire, just don't clutter up my status log. I like to see real conversation there, things that matter. Like real posts about your trials and tribulations, victories and questions you may want to post to your friends- but would be too scared or too small to post to an open forum.

After I get everyone to quit that, I'm going start working on the exercise status....

I hope this helps,
    Keto / IF / Sedentary
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    You can unfriend those that are a nuisance to you.