August 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,345 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @JTH11706: I am with you on the heat slow down. I am doing the same thing tomorrow morning just to get a head start before it beats me down.
    Aug 1: 11 miles of walking 5 and running 6 miles along with 4.5 hours weeding out my school gardens. What a mess and lots of sweat to boot.
    TTD: 11 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,832 Member
    Options
    8/1 Run 3.5 miles / Arc Trainer 4 miles / Stationary Bike 5.5 miles / Elliptical 2 miles

As 731 15 miles of 250 miles

exercise.png
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    8/1 - 6.68 miles hiking

MTD - 6.68 miles
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Going for 150 miles for August
    Adding 17.86 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,194 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Starting the month off with 20 miles. I've got an 80 mile ride coming up Saturday so don't expect big numbers during the week. That makes 20 out of 350.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Congrats to Lady Persia for making her July goal.

@tlacox1 - so glad you are getting better.

@kar328 - I don't think I congratulated you on your big milestone. What a life changing accomplishment. Way to go!

Inching closer to the half million all time miles. As Dave said, should be today or tomorrow. When we hit it, how about if we each post a thought about overcoming obstacles, the power of perseverance or how this group has been a positive influence. Would that be a good way to acknowledge our collective achievement?
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,345 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @ JTH11706: Nice idea!
    @sufferlandrian: I am so impressed with some of yours and others long bike rides. I did a 100 ride over two days and a 50 but that was pretty tough. So kudos to all of you for these long ones.

Aug. 2: Back to the gardens today to try to finish what I started yesterday. Will definitely be a bit hotter. May leave my old fur girl at home so that she is not enduring the heat.
    Got some running and walking in today cause I got up earlier and the sky managed to stay cloud covered for most of my run.
    12.52 miles today of which 7.52 miles were running and 4 miles were walking, (not counting all the walking I will do in the gardens).
    TTD: 23.52 Miles

exercise.png

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    A slow start to the month 4.5 miles
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    6 mile run/walk. Did some laps at work, then outside just now.

My number on the August spreadsheet is wrong. It's reading 13.60 when it should have been 3.60 miles. Now with today's 6 miles it should read 9.6 miles.

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Can you put me down for 130 miles this month please.

Yesterday 3.95 miles walked

Today 3.9 miles walked

Total miles to date 7.85 miles
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Two rides yesterday with some mechanical issues in between for a total of 35.8 miles. While I was leading the Rookie Road Ride, my shifter cable broke. The local bike shop fixed it in time for me to go out with the intermediate group!

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Our weather is schizophrenic, 105 degrees and thermal winds yesterday, barely 70 and cool today. My freaking body, arthritis and previous injuries don't know how to react. Got a nice ride in as the temps were nice for a change, but I am in pain in places which should not be bothering me in the summer. Oh well, the 10 day says we will stay in the 80's, good for riding. I just realized it has been 2 years ago this month I joined this challenge group, it feels like a great and supportive group of friends I have. Thank you all!

08/01 - 11.0 miles cycling
    08/02 - 12.0 miles cycling

Total: 23.0 miles

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,796 Member
    Options
    Exercise today for

8/02

11.37 miles (exercise bike) and .5 miles walking

11.87 miles for today

22.42 miles done and 277.58 miles to go... :)
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Tax training season is ramping up quickly and taking incredible amounts of time. But, I NEED to move to keep the stress down. Put me down for 135 miles again in August. It will be a challenge, but that is the point, right?

Walked 4 miles in the last 2 days. Already falling behind. :( Gotta change that.

exercise.png

• taxmom9093
    Options
    Lovemyalex wrote: »
    I am getting stronger every day... :)

Put me down for 300 miles.... :D

I know I can do this and bust it wide open.... Watch and see.... :D

Let's getting moving....good luck to everyone .... :)

Incredible. And I do not doubt you for one single minute. Thank you for being an inspiration. <3
  • taxmom9093
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @ Dave I don't think anyone thought you were dismissing anyone's goal. You know what you are capable of, and if increasing your goal is right for you, well then you should. If a smaller goal is appropriate for one of our other movers, that is always OK. This is a personal challenge, and I for one really do appreciate that.

@anaconda469 I am so glad you are doing better, but do keep taking care of yourself. Of course you are stubborn and driven. Just be sure to let your body keep healing while you do the best you can. I want to see you around another two years and more.

@kar328 I know I am a little late here, but congratulations on your accomplishment. That is one incredible milestone to cross. Good for you.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm going to attempt to get some road miles this month, so put me down for 150miles.

Started the month with a 3 mile hike this morning.

exercise.png

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options

exercise.png

10.45 miles on bike
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Put me down for 200. I always hit that so if I'm over it's a bonus!
    I am using a pencil from the ticker factory choices cuz of school starting up! boohoo :'(

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.