Options
2»

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Bumping for reference.

For a snack: cut and core an apple. Put in ziplock bag. Put in a tablespoon of pb2 and shake. Yum!

Can't wait to try some of the new ideas.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    These great strawberry protein muffins: http://ifoodreal.com/whole-wheat-strawberry-banana-protein-muffins/

Add a little sugar or honey though. 100 calories, 9 g protein per muffin. Not the highest on the protein side, but they are portable and don't need refrigeration, which is a huge plus for me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually eat a quest bar, a Yoplait Greek Whips 100, & a tortilla with some kind of peanut butter/almond butter.

For lunch the one day I ate a whole bag of the new Protein Blends by Birdseye. My favorite of the new flavors is the Southwestern.

https://www.birdseye.com/vegetable-products/birdseye-steamfresh/birds-eye-steamfresh-protein-blends

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This is a recipe that I make often and eat for lunch or a snack...

You could substitute chicken for the albacore tuna and just adjust the rest of the ingredients to suit your taste. It lasts very well in the frig during the week...best thing...no cooking and only minutes to put together.

Eat on crackers, in a pita, rolled in a wrap, rolled in lettuce leaves, toast open faced...or just plain. 100g is plenty for me but you might want a 200g serving. If I remember correctly when I made this with chicken the protein was higher.

I think that for 85 calories however 13g of protein is fairly good. It is also fairly economical...IMO

Tuna Ceviche 100g/85k

• 4.00 tbsp, Lime Juice
    • 1.00 Tbsp (15ml), Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    • 0.50 cup, Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
    • 0.50 Tsp; 5ml, Tobasco Sauce (Original)
    • 50.00 g, Onion (Red), Raw (11282)
    • 3.00 pepper, Peppers, serrano, raw or any type pepper you prefer
    • 2.00 container (280 g (2oz) ea.), Albacore Tuna drained (you can also use regular tuna – I use the large cans and make a large batch for the week)
    • 1.00 container (1 4/5 cups ea.), Diced Tomatoes drained (no salt added or you could dice up fresh)
    • 0.25 tsp(s), Spices - Pepper, black

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 10.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 85

Total Fat 2 g
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 10 mg
    Sodium 150 mg
    Potassium 24 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 3 g
    Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 13 g
    Vitamin A 6 %
    Vitamin C 7 %
    Calcium 2 %
    Iron 2 %

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add...the tuna ceviche also travels well. I took a 4 day road trip and it lasted in the cooler for the whole trip with no problems. I kept it cold with frozen bottles of water.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    andylllI wrote: »
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    For a protein snack, I love ricotta cheese + instant powdered coffee (any flavor, but I prefer cafe vienna).

So you mix instant coffee directly into ricotta? Tell me more!

I love it! I saw it in a magazine. They called it faux tiramisu. If you get the right instant coffee, it can taste amazing! It's two servings of ricotta (124g) and a half or full scoop of the instant coffee. I'm looking for a decaf sugar free option to keep the calorie count down.

If you are looking for a low sodium alternative to cottage cheese , but still want the same amount of protein*, find a ricotta cheese brand you like. I find ricotta cheese to be an acceptable texture and bland enough to take on other flavorings. I plan on trying to add some cocoa and pb2 and see what happens.

For even more protein, you can experiment with your favorite protein powder. I use a half a scoop of this protein powder I just got. I tried this protein powder in a shake with some almond milk and it tasted kinda like crap. So I tried adding it to my ricotta and I love it!

*ETA:
    two servings of ricotta = 124g, 160 calories, 14g of protein
    one serving of Cottage cheese = 113g, 90 calories, 13g of protein
    Ok so it's more calories, but if you can afford the extra 70 calories + mix-ins, it's worth it.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Cookies & Cream / Double Chocolate Chunk Quest Bars 160-180 Calories 22 Protein 17 Fiber
    Greek Yogurt
    Grapes/ Berries

Lunch:
    Mexican Chicken & Rice Crock Pot
    I have the recipe on my home computer...I link you if interested. I think its about 400-500 Calories for 40 Grams Protein.
  • whitneyhanson1
    whitneyhanson1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Recently discovered peanut butter powder.