Share Your Exercise of Choice

Options
GCPgirl
GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
HI All!
I just bought a kettlebell and decided to look up a YouTube video for an exercise routine and found this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JbTKR50rk

I also am getting back to running and just completed The Chardonnay 5K in NYC on Saturday although I ran/walked it.

Another thing I started recently that I love is Hot Yoga.

What is your favorite exercise?

Replies

• ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love dancy workout videos...Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire are my favorites, but I also really like Rockin' Body and Hip Hop Abs. I have to be really careful with my knees, and the last two are a bit harder on them, so I don't do them as often. I plan to try Shaun T's new workout Cize soon, too. Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire are fun and pretty easy to modify for lower impact, which is why they're my faves. :) I love yoga too....the stretching kind, not the "I feel like I'm going to die and/or puke just holding this here pose" kind. lol.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Well now, that makes me want to run out and buy a kettlebell!

My #1 favorite exercise is walking! Low impact, low on injury, and everyone can do it. I put in 6-8 miles a day.

After that, I love my speed jump rope.

7125ouFrTbL._SL1500_.jpg

amazon.com/Buy-Jump-Ropes-Boxers-Black/dp/B00EXJ3LHI/ref=sr_1_11?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1438623015&sr=1-11&keywords=speed+rope+blue

No gym necessary. I just go out to the garage, turn on some pumping music and alternate 1-minute intervals of jump rope with strength moves like squats, push-ups, lunges, medicine ball presses, kettlebell swings (using a dumbell, I really need to get a kettlebell) plank rows, etc.
  • GCPgirl
    Options
    I like doing the videos too. That reminds me I got a New York City Ballet Workout video that I haven't used in a while. I might have to go through the rotation of videos for August. I am also not a gym person but I have my own equipment that I got through the years in my basement...stationary bike (from a garage sale), mini trampoline, rower.
  • metcastillon
    metcastillon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love getting up early and going for a jog in a park nearby. There's a pond and lots of trees and it's very relaxing. I started at walking 1 min, jogging 1 min for 30 minutes and have been gradually increasing my jogging time. Afterwards, I do a 55 minute Billy Blanks Tae Bo Bootcamp DVD, and finish off my morning with a good 20 minutes of gentle yoga. It feels great!
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I like to split my workouts between cardio and circuit training. Cardio is usually an hour on the treadmill or an hour on the stationary bike.
  • danielaica
    danielaica Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been going to Crossfit for almost 2 months now and it's not for the faint hearted. I like that I have no idea what I'll be doing that day as it changes everytime. It consists of a bunch of high intensity exercises and it kicks your bum every time, you just know you hare pushing yourself hard enough for it to work. The pushing yourself part is really important and something I just can't to when I'm exercising at home or at the gym.
    Some regular exersices we do are: Jumping rope, Burpees, Jumping jacks, Sit-ups, Push-ups, Running, Weight training, Hand stands and more.

The thing I like the most about crossfit is that you work a lot in groups and everyone is encouraging you. I've also noticed a lot of changes in a short period of time. For example, I have more definition in my arms and legs, I have a lot more resistance and I'm lifting more.

• Val81ans
    Val81ans Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favourite exercise is Ashtanga Yoga, a very dynamic kind of yoga that works on cardiovascular, strength and flexibility at the same time. In a year of practice (two years ago, when I still lived in Italy) I had lost a lot of weight doing nothing but practising two times a week. And I was toned and super flexible, physically and mentally. I felt very good.
    Since I live in London I stopped practising because my work shifts and the cost of the life here but I promised to myself I will start again in September, after the holidays, no more excuses. I miss it very much, sometimes I practice at home by myself but it isn't the same thing... miss all the energy.
  • zahpay88
    zahpay88 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My go-to workout would be the treadmill. I used to think that the treadmill was boring, then I discovered intervals :D. I do two rounds of a thirty minute interval program, ranging from 4.0-8.0 mph. I also like the Elliptical, however I only get on it when Ellen is on, because of the two E's...? Haha...yeah, no. Spinning classes are also fun.
  • rdtalon
    rdtalon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been doing loads of walking (running is apparently too hard on my knee joints at my current weight). I use to walk on a small bike path near my house, but then mosquitoes starting getting crazy, and the heat nearly unbearable, so I started walking in my nearest mall. It's great! Air conditioning, no mosquitoes, interesting sights and smells.

I am also thinking of starting some heavy lifting.
  • busymomma7
    busymomma7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered that YouTube has tons of free fitness videos that are of really good quality. My husband and I have been using fitness blender and I'm enjoying it. I have rheumatoid arthritis so sometimes some of it is too much for me. Otherwise I enjoy walking and a bit of jogging. I'm trying to overcome an IT band issue with my knee so I jog only for as long as I can before it hurts, today that was almost 20 minutes. I use a Fitbit and if I'm not at 10,000 steps or if I'm over my calories I hop on the treadmill and walk-jog until everything is in order.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill. I go for about 40 minutes jogging on 4mph. Other days I do youtube videos. Zumba is my favorite. I also have Billy Blanks Tae Bo videos. I will also be trying this iphone app called 7 MWC. IT's a seven minute workout.
  • thefitpandaproject
    thefitpandaproject Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love the Korean Figurerobics videos on YouTube, does wonders to my waist. I also use Fitness Blender to attempt on muscle toning (I failed miserably XD)
    For my cardio, I usually hit the treadmill, hike and swim. But it's raining season now so more of treadmill then the other two. Just started week 1 of C25K, hopefully I have the motivation and discipline to finish the program.
  • Rach_B_81
    Rach_B_81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been mixing it up with different at home work outs. PiYo mostly but on days I need a break its different sets from sworkit or fitstar apps :p
    Also I walk at work a LOT. Love having a job I can disappear for 30 mins At a time throughout the day and just walk around. ..of course didn't utilize that freedom when I wasn't being health conscience hah
  • lbcrawford
    lbcrawford Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For cardio, HIIT for 20 minutes 1 minute on, 1 minute rest - 3-5 minute warm up and cool down - total workout under 30 minutes and get awesome afterburn...
    Mix that with weights/strength training!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,065 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I love to start my day out with a nice jog than in the afternoon finish my day with a walk. I just recently start using YOU TUBE to find Kettlebell workouts for my strength training!

https://youtu.be/6pDMOIlPLFE
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My favorite exercise is simple - walking the dogs. We live in the mountains so there's always some hill to climb on our walks. It benefits me and the dogs, gets me outside in the fresh air and gets me away from the TV and computer (which I get sucked into most work nights when I'm tired from the day). I do try to get on the exercise bike, lift weights and even walk/jog on the treadmill especially when the weather is bad......but walking the dogs is by far my favorite!!
  • GCPgirl
    Options
    There are some great answers here! I always feel I need to mix it up a bit or I get bored (except for running since I can just change the route). I will definitely check out some of these. Thanks!
  • SnackySnackPants
    SnackySnackPants Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Cardio boxing (with the bags and gloves). So fun and the hour passes so quickly! Except for the 15 minute warmup, that drags. I hate burpees and running!
  • FitNFabulousByFifty
    FitNFabulousByFifty Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Becca and I started cycling a couple of months ago...then used my front brake and found out it worked VERY well and went over the handlebars! haha! Two months later I'm up and riding again for about 2 weeks now. I would really LOVE to have support and motivational friends (two way street of course) and JUST found out why I wasn't receiving any invites (settings) ha! Anyway, hope to meet new friends soon!
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Becca and I started cycling a couple of months ago...then used my front brake and found out it worked VERY well and went over the handlebars! haha! Two months later I'm up and riding again for about 2 weeks now. I would really LOVE to have support and motivational friends (two way street of course) and JUST found out why I wasn't receiving any invites (settings) ha! Anyway, hope to meet new friends soon!

When I click on the link you your profile, it says 'User deactivated account."