Introductions

Options
MotivatingOthers
MotivatingOthers Posts: 139 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Please introduce yourself! Your name, where you're from, how old you are, and how long you have been on MFP.

Replies

• LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm from Long Island NY currently living in Rochester NY. I'm 30 years old and I've been on MFP since January of 2012. I've lost a total of 60 lbs and gained 15 lbs back since December 2014. I'm totally #Focust on getting my self back on track! I lost all the weight originally with Atkins and Hip Hop Abs and now I'm doing it again with Atkins, Hip Hop Abs, FocusT25 and Insanity Max 30! I'm in week 4 of FocusT25 and I have only lost 3 lbs and 2 inches off my body. Slow but steady!

Visit My Fitness Page!!

5535495.png
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcome!! My name is Teisha and I'm from Eau Claire, WI! I'm 22 years old, will be 23 August 26! :) I've been on and off MFP for about a year.
  • zaxxaz
    zaxxaz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Jim 42 from Scotland. Been on MFP since 2010 and all I have achieved so far is to realise I am putting on a stone in weight a year. Looking to get going now though hopefully. 7 years ago I was 13 stone now just over 20
  • LadyDaenerys
    Options
    zaxxaz wrote: »
    Jim 42 from Scotland. Been on MFP since 2010 and all I have achieved so far is to realise I am putting on a stone in weight a year. Looking to get going now though hopefully. 7 years ago I was 13 stone now just over 20

Nice to meet ya! I'm not sure of how to measure stones vs lbs! Never heard of stones before :)

Visit My Fitness Page!!

5535495.png
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    zaxxaz wrote: »

Nice to meet you Jim! I also don't know how to convert stones to pounds. Do you?
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    xxnecraxx wrote: »
    I'm from Long Island NY currently living in Rochester NY. I'm 30 years old and I've been on MFP since January of 2012. I've lost a total of 60 lbs and gained 15 lbs back since December 2014. I'm totally #Focust on getting my self back on track! I lost all the weight originally with Atkins and Hip Hop Abs and now I'm doing it again with Atkins, Hip Hop Abs, FocusT25 and Insanity Max 30! I'm in week 4 of FocusT25 and I have only lost 3 lbs and 2 inches off my body. Slow but steady!

Visit My Fitness Page!!

5535495.png

I've done T25 too! Hard but great workout program!! :) Hope to hear about your progress!
  • LadyDaenerys
    Options
    I'll be posting daily for sure and STATurdays!
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    Cool!! I'll make a discussion for that soon :)
  • chickiboom
    chickiboom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm new to MFP - kind of. I created an account a few years ago but have just started to use it seriously. I'm at the age where it's getting hard to lose weight, so I'm hoping the support will help. Plus, I just started doing Crossfit, so I'm trying to figure out how to eat for that.
  • sonjataki
    sonjataki Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    From the Hoosier state and I have been on and off My Fitness Pal for a few years. Had a baby last year and although I've lost the baby weight I want to be fit for my family!
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    chickiboom wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! I'm new to MFP - kind of. I created an account a few years ago but have just started to use it seriously. I'm at the age where it's getting hard to lose weight, so I'm hoping the support will help. Plus, I just started doing Crossfit, so I'm trying to figure out how to eat for that.

Welcome!! Crossfit sounds fun and intense! How's that going for you?
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    sonjataki wrote: »
    From the Hoosier state and I have been on and off My Fitness Pal for a few years. Had a baby last year and although I've lost the baby weight I want to be fit for my family!

Welcome and congrats on the baby :)
  • hjoy450
    hjoy450 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there. .I live in Northern Ontario Canada. Love all things in life and tend to over indulge. I'm weighing in this morning at a whopping 236..
    Two pounds off my all time heaviest. I joined this group in the hopes that you will keep me motivated. I'm active on the weekend. .sedentary weekdays. That's changing today. I'm tired of being everyone's fat funny freind referred to as the big girl in group pictures! I'm 52, married 28 years..2 children in university...2 active dogs and 1 cat.
    This week's goals
    30 minutes excersize daily
    Keep cal to 1200
    Drink water. .
    Log food

One day at a time. .day one success
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    hjoy450 wrote: »
    Hi there. .I live in Northern Ontario Canada. Love all things in life and tend to over indulge. I'm weighing in this morning at a whopping 236..
    Two pounds off my all time heaviest. I joined this group in the hopes that you will keep me motivated. I'm active on the weekend. .sedentary weekdays. That's changing today. I'm tired of being everyone's fat funny freind referred to as the big girl in group pictures! I'm 52, married 28 years..2 children in university...2 active dogs and 1 cat.
    This week's goals
    30 minutes excersize daily
    Keep cal to 1200
    Drink water. .
    Log food

One day at a time. .day one success

Welcome!! I hope this group helps you achieve your goals!! You can do it!!
  • till115lbs
    till115lbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I live in Illinois and I created MFP account years ago but never used it. I love cooking and love eating even more! I have done juicing a year ago but being in college makes it difficult to spend so much time in making juice, so I stopped. I want to do a sustainable diet and lose 15 lbs!
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    till115lbs wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I live in Illinois and I created MFP account years ago but never used it. I love cooking and love eating even more! I have done juicing a year ago but being in college makes it difficult to spend so much time in making juice, so I stopped. I want to do a sustainable diet and lose 15 lbs!

Welcome!! :) when you say juicing do you mean you only drank and didn't actually eat anything? I would never do this, once you're off it I'm sure you'll binge eat and gain it back. One meal replacement drink I think is doable.
  • till115lbs
    till115lbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Welcome!! :) when you say juicing do you mean you only drank and didn't actually eat anything? I would never do this, once you're off it I'm sure you'll binge eat and gain it back. One meal replacement drink I think is doable.

Actually, to my surprise, I didn't binge eat nor gain back the lost weight for at least 5 months. I did it for just 10 days, but it was very refreshing as I was watching more of what to eat. On average, I consumed about 1400 kcal a day, and I wasn't hungry at all! I want to do it again, but making 1400 kcal worth of juice is no joke!
  • thomasraven02
    thomasraven02 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hay my name is Raven. I'm 19 and from Augusta ! I re-created me a MFP LASTWEEK ! I been saying I'm serious and serious about losing ! I'm putting my all into it now . I need motivation and also help on different foods to prep !
  • serendil
    serendil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm 21 and in college in Illinois right now. I need to lose all the weight that I put on after having a bad spell last year and binge eating my way to my current weight :(

Looking for motivation, a couple new friends, and an awesome group!
  • MotivatingOthers
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Actually, to my surprise, I didn't binge eat nor gain back the lost weight for at least 5 months. I did it for just 10 days, but it was very refreshing as I was watching more of what to eat. On average, I consumed about 1400 kcal a day, and I wasn't hungry at all! I want to do it again, but making 1400 kcal worth of juice is no joke!

Oh well glad it worked for you! I know I could never do it! Haha.