NSV -- Non-Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I got discouraged because the scale seems to have stopped moving, so I took out my measuring tape. Some small losses here and there, but I have lost 1.5 in. from my waist in 3 1/2 weeks!
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are all doing great. I am feeling good about improvements in my fitness. I am walking everyday and I am enjoying it more and going further faster. My weight has sort of plateaued, no weight loss in a week so I have added protein and some strengthening exercises. Now my thighs hurt :*

• ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I can't wear my pants without a belt. It just slips off me like oil. I use to be able to but my weight loss is doing wonders
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bringon30 wrote: »
    I got discouraged because the scale seems to have stopped moving, so I took out my measuring tape. Some small losses here and there, but I have lost 1.5 in. from my waist in 3 1/2 weeks!

boom.png
  • bringon30
    Options
    tatho2014 wrote: »
    I can't wear my pants without a belt. It just slips off me like oil. I use to be able to but my weight loss is doing wonders

The best/most annoying feeling in the world is when your pants are too loose. Lol! Nice NSV!
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options

The best/most annoying feeling in the world is when your pants are too loose. Lol! Nice NSV!

Thanks. So true. Best part of weight loss is all your clothes don't fit and when I hit my goal weight, I will buy a whole bunch of new ones. :smile:
  • rjneeley
    rjneeley Posts: 59 Member
    Options

YES!!!!!!
  • i4gv777
    i4gv777 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My weight loss victory is keeping up my food journal and listening to weight loss podcasts. I know it's only been a week but I have the tendacy to say, I got this, and try to wing weight loss without any support. Due to past failure, I know where that leads!
  • MicheleStitches
    edited August 2015
    Options
    To everyone posting their victories, I'd like to say...

tumblr_m41e2o5nhT1rw7k3jo1_500.gif

And...

tumblr_inline_na5mtpUyP71qgt12i.gif
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Last night I went to a bar for a goodbye celebration for a co-worker. Driving home at 1 in the morning, after a couple of drinks (I was fine to drive) and after being around people eating bar food all night, I made a poor choice and stopped at Burger King :( The victory is that when I got home I had a moment of clarity and threw it away before eating any of it! I didn't see that coming! :)
  • i4gv777
    i4gv777 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I went over my calorie count last night and I was Still hungry! Then I began to panic that I wasn't going to be able to do this. But this morning I realized I had had a success; I didn't give in and eat till I made myself sick. I went to bed feeling hungry.
  • dontgiveup2319
    dontgiveup2319 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i4gv777 wrote: »
    I went over my calorie count last night and I was Still hungry! Then I began to panic that I wasn't going to be able to do this. But this morning I realized I had had a success; I didn't give in and eat till I made myself sick. I went to bed feeling hungry.

Going to bed hungry is hard. I've been doing it for almost 6 weeks and sometimes I want food but I fight it. I've always read its very good to go to bed hungry when you're trying to lose weight. :D
  • jjacks1986
    jjacks1986 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    k8es wrote: »
    Last night I went to a bar for a goodbye celebration for a co-worker. Driving home at 1 in the morning, after a couple of drinks (I was fine to drive) and after being around people eating bar food all night, I made a poor choice and stopped at Burger King :( The victory is that when I got home I had a moment of clarity and threw it away before eating any of it! I didn't see that coming! :)

wow!!!! now that's willpower!! :o

I went out on my bike yesterday and was amazed how lose my leathers were :D
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Congrats! I've never done that. I've bought something "bad" on the way home from something and then thought about throwing it away thinking "I really shouldn't eat this and I acknowledge that I shouldn't eat it and I should throw it away in that trash can over there" and then I end up eating it anyway. Oh well, I guess I identify it at least - the next step is throwing it away and after that is not getting it in the first place.

Way to go! clapping-hands-above-head-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • MicheleStitches
    Options

5431929110_who_is_awesome_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Awwww, thanks guys!
  • cherries12345
    cherries12345 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I came home sooo hungry and exhausted today that I ate dinner and took a nap. I kept putting off going to the gym when I woke up a couple times in between, and by the time I actually awoke, it was conveniently too late for the gym. I really didn't feel like working out( I was 210 cal over), and I figured I'd make it up later in the week, but I kept my goal for this challenge in mind which was to try and workout everyday even for just 20 minutes. So I got myself together and did a quick 20 minute workout at home! I feel pretty hood about getting that done. I am still 110 over, but it's only Monday, and I prelogged so I can make it up tomorrow.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I love your gifs, where do you get these?
  • CompM
    CompM Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ...made a poor choice and stopped at Burger King...moment of clarity and threw it away

Now that is an NSV! Even in the face of temptation you made the choice to toss.

Mine is slowly being more comfortable in aggressive positions on my saddle. Not sure how many inches I'm losing, but it feels like my little gut is shrinking day by day.
  • bringon30
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm loving all the NSVs! (Especially the one about throwing away BK food.) Keep 'em coming!

My newest NSV is running a mile in under 10 minutes today!!