Highs for the week

Options

Replies

• m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    pondsbb wrote: »

That high was brought down when our hound dog of 16 years suddenly had her age hit her. She is laying around like a rag doll and hubby is lifting her poor head to drink water. She seemed fine last week. We won't be able to leave her until something changes. I'm trying to talk hubby into putting her out of her misery but he loves her so much and I seem to be talking over his head.

It also reminds me how human bodies wear out and what a downer to be contemplating on.

Lows are ok to have, too. I'm sorry you're going through this. Losing a pet is very, very hard and difficult to explain to others unless they have gone through it. I hope your husband can come to terms with it being time.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    WOWZA ladies and gents!! They are some amazing highs.
  • simbartes
    simbartes Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    One week....
    SIX pounds. Whoohoo
  • pondsbb
    pondsbb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    m_puppy wrote: »
    pondsbb wrote: »

That high was brought down when our hound dog of 16 years suddenly had her age hit her. She is laying around like a rag doll and hubby is lifting her poor head to drink water. She seemed fine last week. We won't be able to leave her until something changes. I'm trying to talk hubby into putting her out of her misery but he loves her so much and I seem to be talking over his head.

It also reminds me how human bodies wear out and what a downer to be contemplating on.

Lows are ok to have, too. I'm sorry you're going through this. Losing a pet is very, very hard and difficult to explain to others unless they have gone through it. I hope your husband can come to terms with it being time.

Thanks m puppy. He gave her a Tylenol and now she is raising her head on her own but still not able to move her body. I'm afraid he is getting his hopes up for nothing.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My highs for this week:

My fasting blood sugars have dropped dramatically since I started this way of eating.

I made up to new recipes a bacon stuffed portabella mushroom and a stuffed pepper with cheese and Italian sausage. Yum !

I did my first power workout an hour of Zumba, then weight training and the an additional 25 minutes on the treadmill.

Also had two moles removed. (I have been putting off going to the doctor because of my weight).
  • britzen
    britzen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My high was not expecting to lose anything (my weight loss is fairly predictable) after a nice whoosh week, but dropping 1.4lbs and 1.5" off my waist and hips.
  • Syleyna
    Syleyna Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My high was fitting into my sport's bra yesterday. It was a nice surprise as I thought I'd have to lose another 3 kg before I could even do it up, but apparently the weight is coming off differently this time!
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    They really are fantastic highs I agree! So happy for everyone!!!
  • tracy0919
    tracy0919 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My highs:
    - my blood tests came back all normal except low magnesium and lipids a tad high. My doctor didn't even bat an eye at the lipid; he just said he knew I was losing weight and it was to be expected. And - I was able to confirm I am definitely in ketosis. :smile:
    - I had dinner with a friend who had bariatric surgery last December. Come to find out, she is also on MFP, and we were able to have a great conversation about macro's and stuff
    - My husband and I were out to breakfast, and I left some bacon on my plate because I felt full. My husband turned to me and said "What are your protein and fat levels today? Maybe you should take that bacon for later". I felt incredibly supported that he is so in tune with the way of life for me.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My high for the week is........ I finally got past the weight I always quit at! This is the lightest weight I've been in over 5 years! I lost 4 lbs this week and that was AFTER having a planned cheat day last Friday.

And the hubby has now lost 51 lbs!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Finally breaking through a 7 week plateau!!!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options

Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I am 53 and since last September I have lost 48 pounds. I saw a staff member whom I haven't seen in months, since she works the night shift. She says I look great and she thinks I look 38 ! I've lost 15 years somewhere !

That had to have made your day!

Awesome progress!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Thanks @KittensMaster ! You know what else, I feel about 23 years old ! ( Most of the time anyway ) :)
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Realising the 'emergency' dark chocolate bar I carry with me (in case I get super hungry and want to make a bad choice) has been in my backpack untouched for a month now! Guess that emergency just isn't gonna happen (but I'll keep it there anyway!)
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Romantic first vacation with boyfriend
    Firsts since last year's car accident:
    1 Swam in pool and lake
    2 Climbed in caves and forts
    3 Walked more than a mile without a cane
    4 Played tennis (just a little)

Ate some carbs, gained some water weight...knowing that I can lose it and more eating LCHF
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I usually stop at the HIGI blood pressure machine at the grocery store - I got a nice surprise when my arm fit the cuff without having to stuff it in. I weigh Mondays, and lost another 3 lbs this past week.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading through all the highs so far, congrats people!

My highs for the week, and it's been a good one so far:

1. Got back on the wagon easily after a bad week. That's a first in my lifetime.
    2. The instructor in my Barre Fit class pegged me as "new, sort of", until she saw how I did in class. She was very picky about everyone's form today, but complimented mine twice, for the first time ever. I didn't do everything perfectly by a long shot. But I don't think she's going to call me "new" anymore, either.
    3. My next door neighbor commented on my weight loss. First direct comment about the weight loss outside of my family this time.

• m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Weight loss highs:

Seeing some differences in my body in the hips and the stomach. Things that can't be seen when I'm clothed but definitely can be felt. So I may have to start inviting people to feel me. Haha! Or I'll just save that as a success of which only I am aware.

Life high:

My SIL is making desserts for my wedding and I was very nervous about what they would be. Since I don't indulge in desserts anymore, I have pretty high standards for what is good. She had a tasting at her place on Saturday and the whole thing was amazing, including the desserts. Check that off as one less thing to worry about for the wedding.

• Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    With stuff that's been happening in my personal life and work I've not had time or motivation for exercise. I've been eating whenever I was hungry and I've been pretty good staying in my macros. The high is that for two weeks I've been maintaining my weight without a lot of effort.

I've got about 15 lbs to make it to my goal and now I've confident that maintenance will not be a big problem. When things settle down I'll get there and stay there. That's a good feeling!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I initially skipped over this thread because I could not see much to be happy about. But now:

1) I'm finally feeling well enough to say with certainty that I beat the stomach bug!
    2) Even my new pants (which were, admittedly, a bit too tight when I bought them a couple months ago) are too big now. I went "closet-diving" only to find out that I'm now fitting into pants I haven't been able to wear in about 4 years--size 16 petite! I didn't think I'd EVER wear petite sizes again! (I started out wearing 22 W that I had to hem up).
    3) Hubby has decided to join me in this WOE as of this morning (I posted separately about it).