Pitfalls of Fall?

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    I may struggle a bit with Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

Ugh. I'd forgotten these. I never had them often, but they were a thanksgiving day treat
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    In the spirit of thinking ahead, what challenges do you expect to find once the mercury dips? (Here, that might not happen for a few months--we've had many warm Halloweens--but I want to mentally prepare.)

There were also times growing up near Houston when I started out as a ballerina for Halloween and ended as a ski bum.

My problem is pumpkin everything. I love love love pumpkin spice.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I may struggle a bit with Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

Well. No. I dunno. I don't think I will, but I just got a stress headache thinking about it. :D

I have a coupe recipes for keto pumpkin lattes, and keto pumpkin cake and bread loaves and what not. Not sure it's a good idea to even go there. For our anniversary in October, my husband and I do plan to make the pumpkin spice coffee recipe to take to-go to revisit the spot where we got married. I think I'll stick with that. If it feels like a trigger, I'll back off.

Adding Hollandaise, or goat cheese sauces, to my steaks will keep them "hearty" enough to survive winter cravings, I bet. My husband will be wanting chili and soup and such and that might be tougher.

Yeah, I was just thinking for me it may be the foods I love that are associated with Fall/Winter, and this will be my first time going through October, November, and December, with all their lovely food associations, on LCHF. I will definitely need to look up the recipes for pumpkin goodies!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Good ol' pumpkin pie... if anyone has any good LC recipes, I'd love to hear them!!!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I have no bean chilli

Some of those yummy treats have carbs and are just that way

I will just have to ride an extra 8-10 miles or so to burn those carbs out of my bloodstream so I stay in a keto friendly mode.

I see that as a fair trade for a good sized slice of pumpkin pie.

• ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Have to agree that I'm ready for fall. This Okie summer heat is just too much for me, and I've been stuck with running on the treadmill for months. Can't wait to get back out on the trails! Also, I'm ready to spend more time horseback riding. I've been missing it the last couple of months due to heat (and my husband's horse has a leg injury that just refuses to heal). Riding does wonders for my weight loss, since it keeps me food-free for hours at a time...
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am in Northeast Alberta Canada and we usually get WINTER! I will definitely have to work much harder to keep my basic activity level up, I prefer to hibernate anything below -15C. Oh and comfort foods.... no one in the family will get to enjoy homemade bread bowls for the chili's and stews. It just won't be happening
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I live up north and I actually do better when it is not summer. It is easier to stick to a routine because in summer there is always something going on. I log more consistently and exercise more consistently at home in the winter.
  • CJ0821
    CJ0821 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OHHHH PUMPKIN FLAVORED EVERYTHING. Such a joy in the Fall. I am with ceciliaslater, the heat here in Texas is really making me look forward to Fall and Winter. I am much better with my eating and exercising in the Fall/Winter/Spring than in the Summer... The heat of the Summer makes me want to stay indoors, and not do anything else to initiate more sweating than is already going on naturally... lol...

Chilli is my go to fall food too!! Although, I do miss the cornbread!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Another Albertan here. I'm not looking forward to the fall. It generally snows for the first time in September and doesn't stop until the end of April or May, and that is just annoying when I am loving my BBQ! Steaks, burgers, and sausages, oh my!

We're not as warm as you southerners. ;) It's been a really, unusually hot summer up here - temps are getting to 80F with some regularity! LOL We've had way more than our usual 4-7 day heat wave when we wished we had air conditioning.
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I think I'll be okay as far as food is concerned but I'm definitely ready for cooler weather. Can't wait for the flies and mosquitoes to go away!!!!!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    our grill is under a cover and I will go out to grill even in the snow! I am a fan of stews and chili but tomato upsets my stomach so I'm thinking more roasts this winter...
  • m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    our grill is under a cover and I will go out to grill even in the snow! I am a fan of stews and chili but tomato upsets my stomach so I'm thinking more roasts this winter...

Thank you for this great idea! I love the comfort food of fall and was starting to wonder what would still bring that warmth and comfort while keeping me in check. Roasts are a great idea!
  • Twibbly
    Options
    http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/pumpkin-swirl-cheesecake/

I didn't exactly follow the directions and will probably just leave off the crust next time, but this is awesome and tasty. I baked it in mini-Mason jars and those are just about the right size for a tasty treat.
  • glossbones
    Options
    oh holy bacon... Twibbly that blog is a fantastic source, thanks for the link! No more worrying over what my husband will be eating as it gets colder!
  • Twibbly
    Options
    oh holy bacon... Twibbly that blog is a fantastic source, thanks for the link! No more worrying over what my husband will be eating as it gets colder!

She also has a bunch of cookbooks and worked with Jimmy Moore on The Ketogenic Cookbook. It looks fantastic, but I haven't made anything from it yet.
  • glossbones
    Options
    We'll try at least one recipe this weekend. I don't ever seem to use my cookbooks once I buy them. I do way better picking recipes offline, but if hers are great I'll buy one just to support her!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/pumpkin-swirl-cheesecake/

I didn't exactly follow the directions and will probably just leave off the crust next time, but this is awesome and tasty. I baked it in mini-Mason jars and those are just about the right size for a tasty treat.

This looks delicious!
  • Twibbly
    Options
    We'll try at least one recipe this weekend. I don't ever seem to use my cookbooks once I buy them. I do way better picking recipes offline, but if hers are great I'll buy one just to support her!

I'm trying her protein waffles at dinner tonight. I think this is on the menu for this weekend: http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/crab-rangoon/