Introductions

Options
1235»

Replies

• solwandering
    Options
    Hey everybody,
    I am Sunshine. And to answer your questions, it is indeed my real name and my parents were not hippies and yes I have two sisters with strange names as well- Venus and Buffi. All the boys have normal names- Michael, Joseph and Jacob. :happy: I am 22 years old and married now for one year to an amazing man who treats me better than I could have ever imagined I would have. He loves me as I am and I love him as he is. We both want to make a change. We want to get healthy before it gets any harder for us as we get older. We are hitting our prime years...we are buying a house this month and he has great job promotions happening and things are looking up...but, our waists have only gotten wider since 2011 when we got engaged and started wedding planning and once we were married we only got heavier. I weighed myself last night and couldn't believe what it said.... 295 pounds. I was astonished and appalled at myself. I said I have to change this. We do go to a gym and have a personal trainer but of course there are plenty of excuses to why we have not gone as regularly as we want, but I will not spout them out. I have never been this heavy. Yes all my life I have fluctuated and have done diets ever since I was 8 years old because my weight just sky rocketed. As a teen a did better but then college hit and marriage of course. lol Its to the point where as I write this my chest rests on the desk because of their size...so embarrassing. But today a change has to take place. This is the last straw. I have to change. For me, my husband, family and my future children.. It is time to change.:flowerforyou:
  • Chazataur
    Options
    Hi, I am Richard and I am 313 at the moment and would like to get closer to 200 but it seems so far away.
  • pdilippa
    pdilippa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    before I bare all, is this group still actively being used? I'd love to know? ta
  • millie0703
    millie0703 Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My name is Millie McBride. I have been working hard at this since May 2014 and I am 107 pounds down as of today with 50 more to go. I need friends on my fitness pal to help keep me on track. This seems to be a huge motivation for me!! Please request me - I am on the app daily!!!! Thanks and keep up the great work everyone!!66887570.png
  • HollyFromTexas
    HollyFromTexas Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My name is Holly, I am 41 from central Texas and have over 100 pounds to lose and am looking for some friends with common goals. I have recently lost my mom and am struggling through the grief. Looking for something to fill that void which I know is impossible. I would love any adds from MFP community.
  • JSUMMERS10
    JSUMMERS10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennifer. Over 40 and a lot of weight to take off. No medical issues (yet) due to the weight except my knee pain. Regardless of weight I have bad knees so the additional weight only makes it worse. I guess never giving up is my positive thought for right now. Just now getting started again. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight I used MFP. I was at 50 pounds lost. Then my workout place closed and a few other personal things I let it all de-rail me completely. So I am going back to the things I know worked in the past.

I think this time instead of just reading posts I will get involved in discussions.

Have a great Monday!

Oh and I want to add that weight discrimination is real. I had a VP tell me I needed to lose weight if I wanted to go any further. I could go on, but it is out there, not fair but things in life are not always fair.
  • kkinwv
    kkinwv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer
    I'm Kristi, over 40 and over 100 lbs to lose (again)
    I'm looking for friends to share support, tips, challenges and successes with during my long journey.
  • WyattsMomKimberly
    WyattsMomKimberly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    HI!

I am a SAHM to a wonderful little boy. I have been over weight and obese since the 6th grade. I have been on virtually every diet out there and have never lost the weight. My Thyroid, A1C, Fasting Glucose, Cholesterol, and other blood tests always come back normal and my blood pressure is always text book normal so it is very hard to get weight loss help because I am always labeled as the fat lazy person who should become an athlete. I have been trying to lost weight all my life and I am at my personal rock bottom. I need to get healthy for myself first but also for my son. I want to be healthy for him. It may sound silly but I also don't want him to be ashamed of me when it comes to school. I know that is silly but I don't want to be the reason he may be bullied. I just need this to work. I am 28 pounds and 338 pounds. I would like to be around 180 which I know is still over weight but its where I want to be. My short term goal is to be down 75 pounds by my sons birthday at the end of October. That would be a rate of about 2 pounds a week. I welcome friend requests and I could really use help!

I recently started watching the TV show This Is Us. For anyone that has viewed this show can probably guess what I am going to say. I relate the most to the character Kate. No I don't have a twin but her weight issues are just like me. The show really hit home but also made me hit my rock bottom with my weight. Now the only direction to go is up and I am looking for all the support and positivity I can.

I can't afford any more diet fads or companies and surgery isn't an option because I can't get it covered on my insurance even with being Morbidly Obese. It is a real struggle and I want to do it properly if I can.

Thanks So Much!
  • BabyJen75
    BabyJen75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennifer. I will be married 18 years later this month and I have two sons. I live in Missouri and have been fat my entire 42 years of life(136 more pounds till my goal weight.) I've been on mfp for a long time, but have avoided posting on the boards due to being an introvert, and honestly most of the threads are dead and I don't see much point answering something from 2012. Anyway, I have no excuses, my mom was fat too and taught me all the wrong ways of eating, but I'm an adult now, I can't blame her for things anymore, I know better now. I have a tendency to be lazy and eat way too many high calorie foods in great abundance (chocolate, enough said.) I have come to the point where I have to be brutally honest with myself and not sugar coat it or I will never beat this behavior. My sons are following in my footsteps and I CAN NOT let that happen! So, this is the new me. I hope to meet some like minded people that can help me to reach my goals while I hope to help them reach theirs. Feel free to friend me :-)
  • abrock1024
    abrock1024 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Ally. I'm in the beginning (again) of a long journey of weight loss. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and I'm tired of hating my body. I started at 278 and I'm now at 270. My goal is to get to 175. I'm from Michigan and I'd love to have some people in the same boat to help with accountability.
  • dlhicks2
    dlhicks2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It looks like no one has posted on here since 2012!! If this is true, I don't want to join. Please let me know if there is anyone currently trying to loose that need to loose over 100 pounds. Thank you.