Filling Breakfasts

Options
13»

Replies

• mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Egg in a hole! Use a biscuit or cookie cut to make a hole in the center of a slice of good bread. Lightly toast in a frying pan with a spray of butter flavored Pam. Flip it over and crack an egg in the center. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until the egg is fine the way you like it. Flip one more time for a overeasy. Dont forget to toast your cut out piece in the same pan, you can use it to dip in the runny yolks. Two of these is about 350 calories depending on the bread you choose.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    45 grams of Wheat Bran, 50g of blueberries, 12g of Chia Seeds, and I sprinkle about 10g of MetRx Protein & Oats on there as a sweetener (or you can just use Stevia). Total for mine comes to about 250 calories
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    "Flax muffin in a minute" + yogurt; more costly but soooo awesome like a milkshake: Raw Fit Chocolate 1 scoop, 1 Tbs coconut oil + 1 cup Silk almond or cashew milk + ice and blend until it is like a slushy. Since it has so much plant protein and fiber, it keeps me more satisfied than just plain whey.
  • L_Cass
    L_Cass Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    35 grams of Spirutein Natural protein powder, 70 grams of frozen fruit (I like peaches), 1 Tbsp ground flax seed, 9 grams Amazing Grass Superfood, a little stevia for sweetness -- whirl it up in a Magic Bullet Blender. YUM for under 300 calories. The higher protein and tiny bit of fat keep me satisfied for hours and the fruit gives me a little burst of energy without a lot of heavy carbs or calories.
  • AmandaMcEvoy1
    AmandaMcEvoy1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having plain greek yogurt with freeze dried raspberries and a table spoon of creamed honey.... Has lots of protein and keeps me going
  • rhonda71901
    rhonda71901 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is Garden of Life products.. AM smoothie: GOL Raw for weight loss, 1/2 scoop. GOL Super Greens, 1/2 scoop. 30 cal 1 cup unsweet vanilla almond milk. 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. Tablespoon of chia seeds and same of milled flax. Toss in blender. Add ice or stevia as desired. I have gotten quick with this and out the door i go. I can go for up to 5 hours, until I feel my BS dropping.
  • katedtimm
    katedtimm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do fruit smoothies that contain only frozen fruit, water and about 3/4 cup of unsweetend almond milk and then add one scoop of whey protein powder. I also have a slice of toast with peanut butter. Keeps me going for about 3-31/2 hours, and this is a fairly steady activity level.
  • Neofolis
    Neofolis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find the most filling options for the least calories are either green smoothies or protein fluff.

For green smoothies, I use

500ml Milk (or milk alternative)
    50g Kale or Spinach
    175g Frozen Berries (blackberries, raspberries, cherries, etc)
    50g Wheat Bran

You can also add protein powder, fat free greek yogurt or egg whites if you need more protein and seeds or nut butters if you want more fats, but the fats will increase the calories quite a bit obviously.

For the protein fluff, I use.

250ml Milk (or any other liquid)
    25g Protein Powder (Casein works best)
    3g Xanthan Gum (or guar gum)

Add all ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix for about 5-15 minutes and watch it grow. If you don't have a stand mixer, you can use a blender, which will be a lot quicker, but it won't thicken as much or create as much volume. You should be looking for a light mousse consistency. This has virtually no calories and the volume alone will keep you full for hours. You can obviously add any other ingredients, but it's fine on its own.