New here and I need an accountability buddy

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnygirl042
    skinnygirl042 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi rygell17. I feel like I could have written your post. In almost the exact same situation. Think we might be good accountability buddies?
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am 40 this year (Feb) and I've been overweight... heavy... fat... obese... whatever.. OUTSIDE of "regular" sizes for 33 of those years. I'd just like to see what being IN SHAPE... or in the mythical "healthy weight range" that I hear so much about. Nothing may taste as good as skinny feels, however, I've never been thin, and just like small boobs are all the range, I've never had that "feeling" so I question the authenticity of the person who said it... I mean really... how do THEY know? Seems to me that if you are SKINNY, you've likely NOT tried everything there is to eat in this world....

Just sayin.

I go to the gym as much as possible and exercise at work/home/friend's homes when the gym is not a possibility and yup.... still fat.... i'm not so bad with that, though I'd like to weight 199 just so I can say that I was under 200 lbs as an adult...

Here's hoping!
  • rebjessja
    rebjessja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 years old and have 3 kids. I've recently lost 16 lbs. and feel great. Let me know if you need help with your fitness/health journey. :smiley:
  • blong74
    blong74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 40 and would love to be your accountability/motivation buddy. :-)
  • ouija77
    ouija77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am starting MFP again after trying it for a little bit a year ago. I am 6 pounds heavier than a year ago (sigh) and am at 154 pounds currently. Not great for a 5 foot tall girl. I want to join you folks to help keep me motivated! I had no accountability in the past and would love to buddy up with some people!! I am 44 years old, mother of 3, a night shift nurse and am starting grad school this fall. Please help! Any night shift advice is welcome also! Thank you.

Hi fitfunnybug - glad to see someone with same stats! I just weighed myself and am 155… also 5 foot nothing. :)
    I'm not doing the night shift thing but single mother of one. Maybe we can be accountability buddies?? I was down to 145 about 3 months ago but just put it back on so need motivation. I find what works is planning and NEVER eating out.
  • KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I need all the friends I can get.
  • fitnesswithbonzo
    fitnesswithbonzo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi kevin, I m new too! Just joined. Let s do this together, I am so ready. I had a good day today, ended under my calorie limit. We can reach our goals helping eachother along the way!
  • LaKeshaPettaway
    LaKeshaPettaway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm turning 46 at the end of the year. It seems I've spent my entire 40's trying to lose weight and then gaining it. I went through a divorce and isolated myself to my home and ate junk to make myself feel better. I now weigh 188 pounds and my goal weight is 140. I could use an accountability partner as well and can provide the same for someone else. I've only been at this for 3 days but I am motivated to continue a healthier lifestyle.
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @LaKeshaPettaway, Welcome to MFP and the group. Feel free to add me. I also have a group here named CrossTrainers that I would like for you to checkout and join if you like. Occasionally I will post exercise tips and food recipes there for members.
  • cdmanney
    cdmanney Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey, can I join? I'm turning 40 next month (!) and am beginning a weight loss/healthier lifestyle journey. I want to lose 20 lbs and tone up but mostly I just want to have more energy and feel better. I train for 5K races now and am doing one month with a personal trainer to jumpstart everything else.
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @cdmanney, yes you can join. friend me and i will invite you or you can search and join. See you there soon!