Ripping off the bandaid

Options

Replies

• kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your insight. Hadn't really noticed that. Could be that yes. That's why I keep the records I do and post them. Someone sometimes sees something you don't. Also will note that last 2 days my burn was very high 2777 and 2855. Not my normal. And they were lower cal days then I've had for a while.

I am the oddest person! Lol

I
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So bigger calorie burn, if due to more intense workout and not just longer, would mean more glucose burned to power it.
    If just extra workout, same thing, more glucose burned than normal.

Lower cal levels probably just not replenishing those stores like it normally could.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Monday was strong curves A day week 5 (so first workout of this 5-8 cycle but all exercises I've done before. Tuesday was walking as usual. This morning B day strong curves... I don't think they are more intense but maybe I'm putting in more effort.....I swear I could be an experiment. LOL.
  • heybales
    Options
    Ok, your wonderful before/after pic confuses me every time I glance at it.

Your before may indeed need to be slightly wider - but your after is so dark in comparison it seems to take the background.

I think it deserves to take the foreground for that transformation already accomplished!

And yes, how can we set up this experiment ......
  • kmac1196
    Options
    LOL I have so very many pictures.I'll have to dig some up. I will take much better ones in 3 weeks when it's all done....right before my cut! Then it will be a better comparison. The before in my profile pic is at 249.6....in 2012.

And you let me know how to run the experiment.....I'll be the guinea pig.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    I just want to update here....Monday I decided to get to and stay at 2300
    Monday morning weigh in 193.4

Mond ate 2236 burned 2777 (these are uncommonly high burns)

Tues morning weight 191.6

Tues ate 2311 burned 2855

Weds morning weight 190.2

Weds ate 2304 Burned 2599

Thurs morning weight 191.6

Thurs ate 2591 burned 2634

Haven't weight yet this morning...don't know if I will, I haven't weighed daily since 9 weeks ago so i don't really follow fluctuations that closely anymore. However I wanted to just see if 2300 was too LOW.

I'm ridiculously hungry (yesterday and today). Hence why I overate my goal of 2300 by almost 300 cals. TOM is due on Tuesday. I don't know if these numbers mean anything at all but I wanted them here since I gathered the data.....
  • desjham1
    desjham1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You seem to be burning a lot more than 2300, even on a weekly basis. I think 2500 was more your number (although I am in no way an expert, haha). Are you able to more closely follow your bodymedia? I know that your TDEE changes week to week, but that may be helpful since the discrepancy would be less.
    I had the same problem yesterday and was just SO HUNGRY after eating dinner that I kept snacking, waiting 20 minutes, and snacking some more! TOM sucks!
  • kmac1196
    Options
    desjham1 wrote: »
    You seem to be burning a lot more than 2300, even on a weekly basis. I think 2500 was more your number (although I am in no way an expert, haha). Are you able to more closely follow your bodymedia? I know that your TDEE changes week to week, but that may be helpful since the discrepancy would be less.
    I had the same problem yesterday and was just SO HUNGRY after eating dinner that I kept snacking, waiting 20 minutes, and snacking some more! TOM sucks!

You might be right. I wish I hit 2500
    More consistently to know. Lol.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Week 1 Cals 2027 (up from 3 weeks of 1200) 7 lb gain. No bodymedia worn
    Week 2 cals 2654 stayed the same . No bodymedia worn
    Week 3 cals 2931 Up 1 lb (TOM week) Body media avg cals burned 2667
    Week 4 cals 2809 up 2.2 lbs Body media avg cals burned 2379
    Week 5 cals 2757 -2.8 body media avg cals burned 2395
    Week 6 cals 2973 +2.2 body media burned 2683 (TOM CAME 5 DAYS early)
    Week 7 cals ONly 4 days data 2728 + 2 lbs burned ONLY 4 days data 2748
    Week 8 cals 2508 -.2 bodymedia burned 2574
    Week 9 Cals 2610 +2.2 bodymedia burned 2529

UPDATE WEEK 10 Cals eaten 2419 -2.4 Burned 2585 Will note that TOM is coming Tuesday.

Am shooting for 2400 cals this week too.
  • wannabf1t
    wannabf1t Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Question which days do you weight yourself? I fluctuate so much throughout the week and I'm always up on Monday, trying to determine when is a good day.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Wannab - would you consider weighing daily and using an app which helps you see the trends? I like the Libra app.
  • heybales
    Options
    wannabf1t wrote: »
    Keep it up! Question which days do you weight yourself? I fluctuate so much throughout the week and I'm always up on Monday, trying to determine when is a good day.

Best weigh in day is one to minimize known expected water weight fluctuations:

Morning after rest day eating normal sodium levels, not sore from last workout.

Like Sat is my only day, and if I blow it by eating Chinese on Fri, don't even bother because it's meaningless to me, I can't even compare how much more that day may have added since prior morning wasn't valid either to have good before/after numbers to use.
    I find it more interesting to see lbs loss from a long bike ride, I know that is lost water and if I drank enough to keep it low number.

If not bothered by the extra noise of invalid data that can lend to an average trend, then daily with an app.
    If it messes with mind from fast gains/losses - then only valid days, maybe only weekly too.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Ya. Sunday is a rest day for me so Mondays are good. Weds are lowest (Monday is a lift and Tuesday is cardio so I'm sure it's because I've shed water weight). But it's always the same day over time so it's all good.
  • wannabf1t
    Options
    Ok, Sat & Sun are usually my rest days but I do run on Saturdays when I miss a workout during the week. Also I tend to have wine on Fri & Sat and I feel like I get dehydrated/ or gain water weight if I eat out etc. Mondays I'm always up about two lbs. I;m thinking sticking to Friday mornings.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Week 1 Cals 2027 (up from 3 weeks of 1200) 7 lb gain. No bodymedia worn
    Week 2 cals 2654 stayed the same . No bodymedia worn
    Week 3 cals 2931 Up 1 lb (TOM week) Body media avg cals burned 2667
    Week 4 cals 2809 up 2.2 lbs Body media avg cals burned 2379
    Week 5 cals 2757 -2.8 body media avg cals burned 2395
    Week 6 cals 2973 +2.2 body media burned 2683 (TOM CAME 5 DAYS early)
    Week 7 cals ONly 4 days data 2728 + 2 lbs burned ONLY 4 days data 2748
    Week 8 cals 2508 -.2 bodymedia burned 2574
    Week 9 Cals 2610 +2.2 bodymedia burned 2529
    Week 10 Cals eaten 2419 -2.4 Burned 2585

UPDATE.....Week 11 2665 +2.2 Burned 2642

So....let me give you my daily weigh ins for week 11.

Mon 191
    Tues and weds no weigh ins camping
    thurs 193.4
    Frid 193.4
    Sat 191.6
    Sun 194.4
    Mon 193.2

Camping this week threw off my target cals a smidge but my burn was higher too....so I should have been ok. A couple of things going on....my son heads off to his freshman year of college on Friday...my first one to leave...can you say stress??? Also, working in the kitchen for 3 hrs 3 nights a week in humidity (NO ac...sweating all night...) makes for water retention. And I had a couple workouts that I was very sore the next 2 days.

I'll be wrapping up my last week of reset. Cal goal 2400 and then on to cutting on Sept 7.

• kmac1196
    Options
    And 190 this morning.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    So you will be starting out within 5 lbs of when you did the restart (if I read your notes correctly), that is terrific.

I am excited to see where you go from here. I stayed within 5 lbs also (for 8 weeks), before starting a small cut (shooting for .5 per week). So far I have gone down only 1 lb. but I am only in my 3rd week and it never goes downwards smoothly for me anyway :p
  • kmac1196
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yes...give or take. My weight was really bouncing around the last few months before my reset. I was as low as 174 for a bit. And then lived around 186 mostly. After Memorial Day (big cookout) I was 190...then did 3 weeks of 1200 to see if I got movement ...I did...got to 179.6. But my first week after reset I was 186.6 so I really count that number....So not even 4 lbs from there. I say I'm ok with that. I don't like seeing 190 on the scale but I saw it anyway after a cookout before reset and eating much less so it's relative.

I feel really happy about what the reset did for me in terms of mental health. I'm in such a good place now. I'm comfortable with my body for the first time in my life. I'm enjoying food without bingeing and I'm working out daily even though I'm not "dieting" for the first time in my life.....I'm an all or nothing person and this has been a lesson in moderation. Middle ground. I've liked it.

I'm going to begin my cut at 2k. It looks like that might be between 15% and 20 % but I think it will give me some wiggle room when I undercalculate and overeat some days. LOL
  • wannabf1t
    Options
    Only 5lbs is great! I'm hoping to see the same results.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    kmac1196 wrote: »
    I feel really happy about what the reset did for me in terms of mental health. I'm in such a good place now. I'm comfortable with my body for the first time in my life. I'm enjoying food without bingeing and I'm working out daily even though I'm not "dieting" for the first time in my life.....I'm an all or nothing person and this has been a lesson in moderation. Middle ground. I've liked it.
    <3<3<3<3

Probably the best result of this process.