NSV -- Non-Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    nannersp61 wrote: »
    I love your gifs, where do you get these?

I can often find them doing Google image searches...just type in a word or idea or theme.

• Rach_B_81
    Rach_B_81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pants that I couldn't sit in a month ago are fitting comfortably today :)
  • ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of bad days where I went way over my calories...and instead of letting that derail me for weeks or months like I have in the past, I got off my butt and "made up" those calories over the past couple days! I did a longer workout and felt satisfied on fewer calories than normal, so I just stopped eating for the day. I'm very proud...6 months ago, those couple of bad days might have been weeks of bad days.
  • simquilts2
    simquilts2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    (((Yes))) I have been reading so many of your NSV posts, admiring your successes and just wishing I could have one myself. Today I have one! I was able to wear a shirt today that I have not been able to wear in months and it wasn't tight!
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    simquilts2 wrote: »
    (((Yes))) I have been reading so many of your NSV posts, admiring your successes and just wishing I could have one myself. Today I have one! I was able to wear a shirt today that I have not been able to wear in months and it wasn't tight!

Good things come to those who wait! Losing weight is one big waiting game. I'm glad you finally got your own NSV!
  • bringon30
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ok, HUGE NSV today! I did my one-month measurements today. In the past 30 days, I have lost 2.5 inches from my waist, 1 inch from my lower abdomen, and 1.25 from my upper thigh (one of my biggest problem areas). Small losses in other areas, but the numbers are going down and I couldn't be happier! I am going out to dinner tonight with family and have a new outfit to wear. I think I might even post a full body shot when I get dressed. ;)
  • jodieddieo
    jodieddieo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bringon30 wrote: »
    Ok, HUGE NSV today! I did my one-month measurements today. In the past 30 days, I have lost 2.5 inches from my waist, 1 inch from my lower abdomen, and 1.25 from my upper thigh (one of my biggest problem areas). Small losses in other areas, but the numbers are going down and I couldn't be happier! I am going out to dinner tonight with family and have a new outfit to wear. I think I might even post a full body shot when I get dressed. ;)

That's awesome! I really need to go home and take my measurements.
  • WicklowWanderer
    WicklowWanderer Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    bringon30 wrote: »

That's great news, well done!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    ewoksrule3 wrote: »
    I had a couple of bad days where I went way over my calories...and instead of letting that derail me for weeks or months like I have in the past, I got off my butt and "made up" those calories over the past couple days! I did a longer workout and felt satisfied on fewer calories than normal, so I just stopped eating for the day. I'm very proud...6 months ago, those couple of bad days might have been weeks of bad days.

Awesome! Way to pick yourself up and keep going! Definitely a reason to be proud!
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My summer pants fit again, yippie!

3qhgckgwa78s.jpg
    Do these pants make me look fat?
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    CompM wrote: »
    k8es wrote: »
    ...made a poor choice and stopped at Burger King...moment of clarity and threw it away

Now that is an NSV! Even in the face of temptation you made the choice to toss.

Mine is slowly being more comfortable in aggressive positions on my saddle. Not sure how many inches I'm losing, but it feels like my little gut is shrinking day by day.

If you ever find yourself at Burger king again, their Apple cranberry salad with grilled chicken is an excellent choice. They even have a lite raspberry vinaigrette that is excellent!
  • nashelsky
    nashelsky Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today at work, my supervisor asked if I have been losing weight and said that my face looks slimmer! Nice to know someone notices!
  • mandync5497
    mandync5497 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Capri's that weren't even close to fitting a few months ago, fit me yesterday! they have been sitting in my closet for 4 years!
  • bringon30
    Options
    nashelsky wrote: »
    Today at work, my supervisor asked if I have been losing weight and said that my face looks slimmer! Nice to know someone notices!

Oh yeah! When people start noticing is the best!!
  • mmebouchon
    Options
    Bringon30 you are so right. I love it when someone notices. It took a while but it is great.
  • mmebouchon
    Options
    Capri's that weren't even close to fitting a few months ago, fit me yesterday! they have been sitting in my closet for 4 years!

Very nice!
  • mmebouchon
    Options
    nashelsky wrote: »

Fantastic
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ok so first of all I haven't really been sleeping but 2 or 3 hrs at night and I was really grumpy this a.m. I had physical therapy this morning and we had a looong talk about my goals and my frustration. She said my recovery is going great but I am just not feeling it. So she started me on some new exercises (TRX suspension type) and took me outside to test out the knee.....ok so I admit this was a little scary (but I damn sure didn't tell her that!). We did about 21 minutes of walking and jogging intervals. I feel so good right now. Hope I can walk tomorrow! Ice and rest the rest of the day, maybe a nap.

Oh and CONGRATS to all of you who are noticing changes and having it be recognized!! Great job! ☺
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Today at work one of my coworkers noticed that I had lost weight. Made my day!
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    @ryanndavignon congrats! Your hard work is paying off!