Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Looks like OODLES of fun! YAY!!!
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    CatlingG wrote: »
    Did you ask what the cost of such a lavish event was before sitting yourselves down?

He's on Disney's dime.

kq4QJ0J.gif

LOLz!
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Dan, I love hearing about your adventures. It's the trip of a lifetime! Keep 'em coming!
  • LDUSHAJ
    LDUSHAJ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yup Dan, your friends are right. You are not tremendously fat in the picture or in real life. You're doing great!

Glad you're having so much fun in China. Bring me back some bacon.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Ok, its 1:37 am now. I said I would post some more pics. If you are on my friend MFP, then you have been getting my commentaries. I don't have time here on this post to make many comments now. I'll post some stuff I did, the pictures speak a thousand words anyway. But I will say there are some great stories to tell about them all.

BTW. The funniest pics for today are omitted. They need a full blown story. Stay tuned.

THE BEST BACON EVER!: (Laura, I am going to bring some back for you and your dad.)

2zwiwfse64fp.png

This was the day before when it was too rainy/cloudy:

3qhvfagktdbf.png
    hjp18hk24pnu.png

If you look closely, there is a huge elevated walkway. It is massive and goes on to ??? (too far for one day to walk.)

9rg65ht17b46.png

I'll post separately, in groups
  • 1961dublin
    1961dublin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi Dan, good luck with that! I lived in China for 3 years. Keto will be hard there. Butter is hard to find and expensive, and cream is pretty impossible as well, as coconut oil. The Chinese eat a lot of carbs, rice and noodles. I found it best to just go with the flow, eat within your calorie range and you will be fine. The good thing is they dont eat too much sugar, at least the older generation do not, but the younger ones eat stacks of Mc Donalds and KFC!! They really know how to cook veg and make them tasty. Its a whole new challenge!!
  • DittoDan
    Options
    To keep with the original post topic, I purcahsed some Dragon Fruit. Pitahaya, looked it up, comes from a cactus like plant. Very LOW carb! Look it up! If I can get this in Michigan, I'm going to have this all the time. I wanted the bleach white variety but got this "Ruby" colored variety. It was a pleasant surprise when I chopped it open. Its very tender, much like Kiwi. Taste and texture.

qaxcpfhimfo8.png
    l8w0wk96nqfv.png
    0uovnsdevjoj.png

Back to the Financial District. It was a partly sunny day, then got a little cloudy, but much better than the day before. Here is the long line I waited to go up (that I wrote extensively about today on my status). This building is called the Oriental Pearl, world famous.

82rejwcnky78.png

clgchluriufy.png

Right before we got on elevator: a beautifully carved out of drift wood a lion:

nt8zgvyb3duz.png

This is from the second sphere's indoor observation deck:

q4odxk7teuhy.png
    ufovce11j16b.png
    kv9jni9s82cx.png
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Finally got a chance to catch up on your thread. Amazed! Definitely the trip of a lifetime, done in Low-Carb too. Don't worry about posting any body pictures, you look better than the average american male. lol Thanks for sharing.
  • DittoDan
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Remember, this is only a small sampling of pics. I have a pic for the full 360 degrees.

Oh, did I mention I have videos?
    Oh, did I mention I have time-lapse photography? (Thank you Apple phone) But not tonight.

So I went to a beautiful Apple Store in the middle of the financial district. You walked down this elegant glass stairway. The store was connected to a "Opulent" mall that had four levels:

p9d4d0en4z3c.png

Do you know that Apple owns China? I saw them everywhere the phone and iPads in the people's possession). And this is where I met Luke (right after the dehydration episode I wrote extensively about on my status report). Luke is the first of four Chinese persons I talked to Stateside, that actually explained how they type Chinese characters on a regular keyboard. Great guy. Spoke almost perfect english.

9oavbctrnsu4.png

But while I was talking to him, I didn't realize it was getting late. So I walked back up and out of the Apple store and this popped out:

ankv82undjsq.png

The light patterns on the globe were dancing and changing colors. WOW! (I've got videos)

Oh, did I mention they call this building, "The Bottle Cap Opener Building"? LOL! And I FOUND a $3 bottle cap opener at a dollar store there with the building on it! I'm thinking about sending it to the Disney Project Manager that told me that, for a gag gift...LOL! I have so much fun...

kd7nk1jr9i4k.png

yeyjnar7ztp6.png

• DittoDan
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Last but not least, to Walmart. WHy? (You have to read my status)!

mzt7dpr7uj5s.png
    py67xum6k0xn.png
    ykqr3x9lmkjm.png

Two things about these eggs,

1) Does anyone know that children's book, "Green Eggs and Ham"?
    2) All of the eggs in the store were not refrigerated??? I though, well maybe the table they were sitting on was a cold plate, so I touched it, it was room temp. WHat's up with that?

df8mesjtkxbu.png
    And back home, walking another half mile, (as per:E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Dan the Man from Michigan 103 pounds down, 21 to go.
    bg00y91ay0wp.png
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I am loving the photos! Such a fantastic adventure, and I love that you share your sense of wonder with us. :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ha ha, Dan! Loving your posts! Eggs were kept without refrigeration for a very long time, in fact they were kept in cupboards in most houses even in N America before fridges. In fact if you google 'backpacking eggs' you will find a fair bit of info about it.
    http://www.outsideonline.com/1777901/how-can-i-stop-eggs-spoiling-trail
  • DittoDan
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Gotta get this thread going again. Today, my boss said I need to go to China again. Same song and dance. Work a week, then 4-5 days for myself...

Yipppeee Ky Yay! Just bought tickets. Lord willing, going next week, Wednesday, 11th, stay til Wednesday, 25th. Take off and land in Chicago, so I get to see my daughter again. AND it just so happens that my other two children are flying up to Chicago (from Dallas) and we will have Thanksgiving together! God is so good to me...

I guess I'll get to do some more: E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program!!!

I think I'll take Happy Bacon Man with me for some photo shoots.... (LOL!)

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Current weight: 194.9, 119 pounds down, 16 to go. 14 months on diet
    It's Ketogenic or Bariatric Surgery! How I Found the Ketogenic Diet

• SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dan it looks like you had a great trip. Enjoy this one too, with the added bonus of some family time.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this thread was resurrected as I wasn't in the group and would have missed your awesome pictures and experiences. How exciting that you get to do it all over again! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see some pictures of Happy Bacon Man in China! Have a blast!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Have a great time Dan! Take me with you!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Please let us know how the bugs are!
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Most Eggs-celent.
  • DittoDan
    Options
    If anyone is interested, here are my most recent pics of China. I made a lot of commentary on my wall, but its not easy to edit stuff from China, so some pics may not make sense. Anyway, a picture is worth a thousand words though.....

week leading up to Saturday:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10289389/pics-from-china-trip-2

Sunday:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10289632/sundays-china-pics

Enjoy!

Dan the Man from China Land!