INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Options
bekkadillon
bekkadillon Posts: 200 Member
1. Name, Age, Marital Status, Children, Where do you live?
Bekka Dillon, 49, married, 2 grown children, living in Kansas.
2. Weight and how long have you been on MFP?
Current weight is 171 (started again in April 2015 at 196). Been using MFP off and on for about 5 years. Am always successful when I track my food.
3. What is your goal weight and what type of exercise and diet do you use?
My goal weight is 140. I belong to a gym and try to go everyday except Sunday. I try to watch my portions, limit carbs and eat plenty of vegetables.
4. Any other information you would like to share!
I had knee replacement surgery three years ago in October and it was the best decision I ever made! I am only limited to lateral movement (when I exercise, No jumping jacks for me!) I also had a minor hip surgery two years ago in October and it seems to give me more trouble than the knee! I love being a part of MFP and want to see people succeed, so if you need some extra motivation, please send me a friend request!

Replies

• mrsgollihue
    mrsgollihue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ashley Gollihue, 26, Happily Married, 1 sweet 9 month old girl, and Kentucky.

Current weight is 319.8 (but I started my journey two years ago at a high of 396 lbs, but with pregnancy came weight gain and this time I started losing at 381). I have been using MFP for about 2 1/2 years, but I have taken breaks during that time. I have found I am most successful when I can see calories in versus calories out in black and white. :)

My goal weight ultimately is around 165-170, but my goal weight for this challenge is 296. I will have lost 100 lbs at that weight. :) I do lots of different types of exercise: I like going for walks with my hubby and baby girl, TurboFire, T25, really want to try Cize, and I also enjoy doing anything that "kills two birds with one stone" (mowing the yard, cleaning the house, etc).

Since starting my journey I am no longer on blood pressure or diabetes medications! In November 2014, my husband and I were blessed with the most wonderful little girl after nearly 7 years of trying and being told we may or may not be able to have kids due to my PCOS. I am a very upbeat and friendly person that loves encouraging others, but sometimes I forget about encouraging myself. Everyone who would like can add me as a friend. I log daily and love supporting others on this same journey! :)
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Jennifer, 27, not married, but in a long term, but currently long distance relationship, no kids, in Connecticut

124.5 lbs, been on MFP for almost three years, the first time on August 29, 2012, only active twice (just restarted around six months ago), I've been successful when using MFP

4. What is your goal weight and what type of exercise and diet do you use?
    My goal weight is somewhere between 110-115 lbs and I'd like to be more muscular (I want to be a good weight, but I like to be able to give blood and since I'm 5' tall those things have some interesting play), so I've been trying to do more strength training (I mostly like bodyweight, but I'll give others things a try) and pilates routines, sometimes yoga, I try to mostly eat protein and vegetables, but I don't really cut anything out of my diet, I just try to stick with a reasonable portion (or do it very rarely, there is no reasonable portion of cheesecake).

I'm a twin. I work in the somewhat stressful field of mental health with a crazy rotating schedule. I can't do a push up, so that's part of my goal lately, to build up to one. My twin (we live together) has a crazy dog that's crazy athletic and does flyball. So do the other two dogs in the house. I got tired of being so much worse an athlete than the dogs we were managing on the team, no joke.
  • LessIsMore44
    LessIsMore44 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    1. Mikayla, 18, currently living in BC.

2. As of today, I am 141 lbs (start weight was 151.6). I've been on MFP since May, but only began logging actively this month. Before joining MFP I used to count the number of servings from each food group I would eat and try to stick to Canada Food Guide's recommendations. This started to become a problem when I would eat four pieces of pizza and say, "that must be one grain, one milk product, and four servings of vegetables because there's lots of sauce and after all it was a vegetarian pizza" :#

3. My ultimate goal weight is 100 lbs. Once I had stopped growing I was always around 110 lbs, but overrate at supper and consumed a lot of sweets and junk food. I wasn't toned at all at that weight either. I've been limiting sweets and junk food to one portion a couple times per week, and choosing healthy foods whenever I can. For exercise, I've been doing 40 minutes of cardio workout DVDs each day. In September I will also be taking dance classes on weekdays.

4. This month, I found out my weight gain was caused by a steroid based medication I was on for allergies. The medication interfered with my natural cortical steroid levels, resulting in weight gain and constant fatigue. When the weight comes off I don't want to be "skinny fat" again. I am going to eat well and exercise so I can be healthy and fit.
  • ashleighs148
    ashleighs148 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Ashleigh, 19, living with boyfriend for the past two years, no children and I live in Glasgow, Scotland.
    Current weight is 156.5 (starting 162.75). I have been using MFP for the past two months.
    My goal weight is 136 as that is what I was before I moved out for uni. I started cheerleading at uni two years ago, I go to the gym and regularly do T25, PIYO, insanity etc. I'm vegetarian but very rarely eat fruit or veg! So that's something I really need to work on.
  • supersparklyk
    supersparklyk Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Karen, 46, married with two kids. I live in Washington State

Current weight is 275 pounds. I've been on MFP on and off for 2 1/2 years, but I've been serious for about three months.

My ultimate goal weight is 160 pounds, but for this challenge it is 260. I walk several miles a day during the course of my job, and I hike on my off days. For now, that is my primary means of exercise. I'd like to run again, but want to reduce the impact on my knees first. My "diet" is to not eat for recreation, stay away from refined sugars, and eat measured portions. I find tracking everything I eat on MFP is a tremendous help.

I am trying to lose a grand total of 155 pounds (40 of it is already gone) as inexpensively as I can. I have not joined a gym or purchased any special food or workout gear. I know that those can be motivating factors, but I'm trying to be more disciplined in my long-term financial goals along with losing weight. I'd rather save my money for travel, and fit more comfortably in those awful airplane seats!
  • Tabby_goneMOXIE
    Tabby_goneMOXIE Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Tabitha, 29, Single, No kiddos, Central Valley, California

211.4 lbs as of today & I've been doing MFP successfully or 6 months & am 45 lbs lighter.

My current overall goal weight is 180 lbs. Once I make it there I'll be working on maintaining & strengthening for 6 months to a year. My final step is to re-evaluate my fitness goals & continue from there.

I enjoy pilates, Zumba, walking to music or with friends, dance or any type of aerobic exercise. Strength training is definitely an area I'm working hard to improve. I also enjoy cooking my own meals & find the Hungry Girl cookbooks to be the most helpful.

I find, in my case, competitive challenges are the best way for me to stay motivated. I'm highly looking forward to getting things going! We can do this!
  • kianaoreilly
    kianaoreilly Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    1. Kiana, 40 years old, 5 kids from New York

2. I weigh 145.5 as of last week and have been doing MFP on and off for a couple of years.

3. My goal weight would be under 130...so let's say between 125-130 but I found it hard to stay at 125 so probably more like just under 130. However, for this challenge my goal was 135. I basically just do a mix of cardio/strength training/circuit workout DVDs. I used to do gym classes, but with 5 little ones it's just easy to do it at home after they are in bed. I do a mix and try 6 days a week, but sometimes on weekends I will bike or do outdoor activities.

4. I am trying to get back to my pre baby weight. I really just want to be in shape and strong and feel good. I seem to do really well with monitoring calories and exercise...but I have a sweet tooth and once I fall off the wagon I have a hard time getting back on so I have to be very strict and these groups help me do that because when I am motivated I am very determined. Excited to be in the group!
  • aprilyankee
    aprilyankee Posts: 345 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi I'm April and live in Georgia, but I'm from Maine originally. I'm divorced and have 3 kids, one in high school and two in college.

3. Weight and how long have you been on MFP?

Current weight is 204. I've been on MFP since 2011. I was on another calorie counter program starting in 2009 but I found I liked MFP better so switched.

4. What is your goal weight and what type of exercise and diet do you use?

My goal is 150. I might adjust once I get down there, I haven't been below 175 in a decade. I walk/jog, aerobics, and anything outside. I get bored easy so I'm continually trying new things. I do a basic healthy diet. Low fat, low calorie, low carb, low sugar, high protein & veggie. Little to no fried foods, sweets, junk, red meat, processed foods. My daughter is a vegetarian and it's just her and I at home so all of my dinners are vegetarian. I drink only water and black coffee. Both in abundance :)

I set a goal in January 2015 (New Year's resolution) to hike at least once per month, 3 miles minimum. I love hiking, it's my favorite activity, but before I know it, it's been months or years since I've gone. Several months I've gone more than once, in March went 3 times. Some hikes were as long as 8 miles. And a couple months, like this one, I haven't gone yet so I HAVE to go this weekend, rain or shine. I've done it in the rain, it's actually very refreshing.

I was in the Army and am a 2x combat veteran. I am hypothyroid which pretty much ended my military career. I refuse to let it define me and if one more person tells me I will always be fat no matter what I do I'm going to break out some PTSD on them. My only combat symptom is insomnia, otherwise I'm pretty normal. I work too much. My kids drive me crazy. I have too many cats!

• bekkadillon
    bekkadillon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet everyone so far! Let's get this challenge started and help each other meet our goals!
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Kim. Divorced. 2 kids 23 and 20. Oklahoma
    Current weight this morning was 199. Been on MFP for about 2-1/2 years. I had gotten to a lower weight but then summer came and kids were home and I ate like a complete fool
    My goal weight is 140. I try to eat fairly clean. Stay below my calorie goal of 1200 without eating back exercise calories. Shoot for at least 30-50% protein. Sugar seems to be a weakness recently. Consistent exercise is still my biggest weakness. Signed up for a 5k in October and trying to complete a run program so I can run the whole thing.
    Logging my food daily gives me my biggest success. There is an accountability factor or just simply awareness of what I am putting in my mouth that works wonderfully for me. I have a Fitbit that I wear around the clock in a attempt to increase my activity. Add me as a friend here and on Fitbit if you want.
  • noelani123
    noelani123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Cat , 49, 2 daughters, 3 grandkids,
    Richlands NC

147.4, I've been a member since a 2005 or 2009 (I really don't remember! lol) but I did not get serious about using MFP until January 18, 2015 .

Would love to see 138 but 140 will make me happy!
    Weekly, I do Zumba, pilates, yoga, body boot camp.
    Diet is a work in progress. No sodas, only occasional fried food, but I am an addict to potatoes, bread and butter!

January 18th was a turning point for me. Not sure why I decided to get serious but 9 lbs lighter, I am glad I did.
    I have logged in for over 200 days. Diet and drinking water is my biggest struggle.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Audrey, 30, single, no children. I live in Sasebo, Japan (I'm in the US Navy and stationed on a ship out of Sasebo)

Current weight is 167.4 lbs; been on/off MFP for several years. Re-committed in May with a starting weight of 178

My goal weight is 130-140. Right now I'm doing 3 days of elliptical and 3 days of body weight exercises. When my ship pulls back into port next week, then I want to start running again. We'll be in port for a long time so I have plenty of time to get faster and do longer runs

Just ready to be healthier and be a better example for my sailors :)
  • kirstenkelly298
    kirstenkelly298 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Kirsten, 25, Single, Two crazy dogs, Minneapolis, MN

176.4 lbs as of today. I originally joined MFP about 1.5 years ago, lost a little but with life changes gained it back + more. I hopped on a few times since then, but never for very long. Now I'm going on 55+ days (started at 191-193) and I've been under calories every day. Previously I would always go wild on the weekends, this time I am keeping them under control and it's been a huge difference.

My ultimate overall goal weight is 150 lbs, but 160 for this challenge.

I aim for 2+ yoga classes per week, my recent goal has been cycling 100+ miles per week and I also get in a few walks/jogs per week. I average around 1800 calories eaten per day and 900-1000 exercise calories burned per day. I am not too strict with what I eat, I believe in everything in moderation.

I try to bike to work most days, it's great way to burn some calories just doing my everyday commute! I'm signed up for a 150 mile ride in a few short weeks, it will be my second one of the summer. These challenges give me a lot of motivation to do awesome!
  • MeganMT9
    MeganMT9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Megan, 34 years old, married fit 8 years, 3 amazing and adorable kids (5, 2, and 1 years old), from PA.
    I'm currently 272 (started at 285 in April, with a high of 295).
    My overall goal is 155. My goal for this challenge is 255. Right now I don't exercise. I was active my entire life until I started having kids. I've run a few 5ks since then and went to the gym, but I have done absolutely no "exersize" in the past 20 months.

I need ideas on fitting in exersize to a busy schedule. Full time job, party time job, 3 kids 5 and under. Do all the cleaning and maintenance on my house by myself. How do you find time to exersize? I'd rather sleep more than 5 hours a night.
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options

My name is Megann! I'm 22 years old and very happily single (and childless). I'm a Canadian who is living in Connecticut for grad school!

My current weight is about 160lbs. I've been on MFP since Fall 2014, and it's made a huge difference. I got a bit out of the habit during what was a very chaotic summer (and gained back a bit of weight), but I'm looking forward to getting back down to business!

I'm focusing on a goal "range" rather than one specific weight, which is between 125 and 130. I don't think that I ought to go much lower than that, but having a range gives me a bit of wiggle room, and also an upper limit to keep me aware! My diet philosophy is pretty simple: eat healthy food (I don't set strict rules about what "healthy" means), and focus on balancing CICO.

I'm a hard working PhD student who wants to look and feel my best while I'm making the connections that will influence the rest of my life. I love chatting online, so hit me up some time if I sound like somebody you'd like to get to know. :)
  • chinsinsi
    chinsinsi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 54, married with 5 children and 3 granddaughters. I live just north of London, UK.
    My current weight is about 180lb. This time last year I was 145lb but a house move and job insecurity got me out of a healthy eating routine. Job situation is now sorted. I've used MFP in the past and know that it works if I diarise. My goal is to get back into the 140s.
    I eat Paleo. Just got to eat smaller quantities. I've joined a gym and take 4 circuit classes a week.
    I'm realising that accountability in the form of a food diary, gym and challenges really motivates me.
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options

My name is Megann! I'm 22 years old and very happily single (and childless). I'm a Canadian who is living in Connecticut for grad school!

Opposite my situation when I was 22 yrs old and going to school in Nova Scotia, Connecticut being my home.
  • Smile72
    Smile72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    1. Myra, 42, divorced, no children, NY.
    2. 235.4, been on and off MFP for about 5 yrs.
    3. For now my goal is 20lbs. Hopefully that will get me back on track so that I can continue to lose an additional 50lbs. I'm going back to the basics - behavior modification - portion control, fruits/veggies and limit my snacking. Exercise has been a bit of a challenge thanks to osteoarthritis in my knees, but I plan to start hitting the gym.
    4. Thanks to Bekka Dillon for starting up this group and extending the invitation. You're post caught my attention on the very day I was feeling like a failure and needed motivation.
  • Blueangel9
    Blueangel9 Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My name is Tyra, 42, happily divorced, single mom of 1, NY

I've been on FP on and off for about a year. I started at 270 and am currently 256. I would love to get back to 176. For now I will take any loss I can get!! I needed the motivation and am excited about doing the challenge along with everyone else; so here I am.

Currently trying to get my 10k steps in with my fit bit. Eating as well as I can but haven't been to great on portioning.. So I am refocusing on that and getting back on program

Good luck to us all. I am not sure if I answered all that I was supposed to, so I do apologize.
  • amyhoffman01
    amyhoffman01 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Amy Gee,38(soon to be 39), 3(all girls and 6 grandchildren), Pennsylvania.
    Current weight is 260, been on MFP since june...... this time.
    My goal weight is 175. I have a gym membership that i use a few times a week for cardio, my husband and i recycle electronics so a lot of days thats my physical activity tossing servers and tearing stuff apart. I also work on my feet in the food industry in a college football town so the next few months will be lots of overtime and work will be busier. I also use my fitbit to track my steps. I try to get atleat 10000 a day..... aiming to get it up to averaging 15000... i take it off when at the gym cause its like double discounting to me.
    I am on the go a lot however i have gotten a lot of great support, recipes, and advice from ladies on here so if you need any of those feel free to add me.