INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Options
2»

Replies

• LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    SongDragon wrote: »

Opposite my situation when I was 22 yrs old and going to school in Nova Scotia, Connecticut being my home.

That's hilarious! My family is based in Ontario, but I did my undergrad in Halifax, at Dal/the University of King's College. :D
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    SongDragon wrote: »
    That's hilarious! My family is based in Ontario, but I did my undergrad in Halifax, at Dal/the University of King's College. :D

Hehe. Well, I was an undergrad at the time, so to complete the circle I would now have to follow through with my plans and complete grad school in Toronto (my boyfriend lives there). If you're in Connecticut I'm still at least a good hour from wherever you are since I'm in what's considered no-man's land of Connecticut, but it's still funny to see someone say they're in Connecticut (even if I am part of the group) since it's such a small, densely populated state.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options

1. Marcella, 57, married, 2 adult sons, Georgia, USA

2. Current weight is 170.2 - MFP starting weight Dec. 2014 was 192.5 - Ultimate goal range is 129 to 135.

3. Goal weight: Ultimate goal range is 129 to 135. Goal for this challenge is 157.
    Exercise: I use to try to work out at the gym. But in an effort to reduce stress (which helps me stick with my goals) I cancelled my membership and now I focus on what I enjoy and what needs to be done. So you will see me posting exercise for gardening, hiking, swimming, walking and housecleaning. As long as I am staying active, it seems to work well for me at this point.
    Diet: I focus on whole foods and avoid processed (especially highly processed) items. I do fine as long as I am sticking with this. When I get lax with this I start feeling bad and everything becomes more difficult and I ask myself again "what was I thinking?"

4. I find that 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night and attempting to keep a more orderly schedule makes all the difference in how easy or difficult everything else will be for me.
  • denisehindman
    denisehindman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1. Denise, 69, divorced, 3 adult children, Kansas
    2. current weight 220,starting date was Jan.2015, was 239. goal is 170-190
    3. goal is 170-190. for challenge 205, Exercise is mainly outdoors gardening, mowing, cutting out brush. Inside I have a treadmill. My diet is 1200 calories daily and usually don't get there. I love salad and that is what I eat a lot of.
    4. I have been pretty good with the diet part but the exercise is sometimes difficult with COPD. If the weather is good I am okay breathing, if not I can not do much.
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    1. Name, Age, Marital Status, Children, Where do you live?

Tatho, 22, Single, No kiddos, Melbourne, Australia

2. Weight and how long have you been on MFP?

164 lbs as of today & I've been doing MFP for 4 months. I have lost 61 lbs down from 225 lbs.

3. What is your goal weight and what type of exercise and diet do you use?

My current overall goal weight is 158 lbs. Once I make it there I'll be working on maintaining & strengthening for 6 months to a year. My final step is to re-evaluate my fitness goals & continue from there.

4. Any other information you would like to share!

Nope
  • Rachface13
    Rachface13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Rachel, 29, Single, no children, Cincinnati, Oh

261 lbs and I've been on MFP off and on for a couple years but I'm really trying to stick to using it as a weight loss tool this time.

My goal weight is 150 but I'll see how I feel at about 170. I have been doing a ton of hard walking and some strength training. I eat mostly whole, clean foods throughout the week. My weekends I splurge a little, including alcohol (currently trying to come up with a plan to not let my weekends ruin what I've done throughout the week).

I feel like this is the first time in really going to lose the weight! I'm making so many lifestyle changes that I know I can stick with. I just need to adjust my weekends a little bit (I love beer and wine!). I have over 100 pounds to lose so I could use all of the support I can get!
  • peppermintcaroline
    Options
    Caroline, 27, Single, none, Connecticut.
    Current weight is 131.5, joined in 2013. Took a break, and started again this spring at 150.
    Goal weight is 112, I usually do a mix of cardio and strength exercises. I am vegetarian, so try to get protein and lots of vegetables. I also LOVE fruit.
    I have a horse and a dog. I did college sports (soccer, swimming, lacrosse), and banged myself up well doing them, so have lots of old injuries that act up on occasion (ankle, knee being the most common). I also compete in Flyball with my dog. Oh, and I'm a twin, she is also in this group. I'll let you guess. XD
  • metcastillon
    metcastillon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Nicole, 28 y/o, married, no children, Los Angeles CA

Currently 207 pounds and I've been on MFP for over a year (on and off again)

Goal weight is 150 lbs. I like to do Billy Blanks Tae Bo Boot camp 55 min DVD first thing in the morning 3-4 times a week followed by 20 min of yoga. On the days I don't do Tae Bo, I like to go for a walk/jog followed by yoga. Walk/jog, to me, means walk 2 min, jog 3 min, repeat for 30 min. As for diet, I like to eat 5-6 small, low calorie, high nutrient meals every 2-3 hours so I never actually get super hungry. When I let myself go too long without eating, I tend to head straight for fast food and/or junk food. Every meal has some kind of protein and a complex carb (veggies or brown rice).

Just started college classes up again for the Fall semester so I've been kind of slacking on my diet and exercise while I get acclimated to my new schedule.