Weekend Bling Report

Options
DavidMartinez2
DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
Did you race this weekend? Tell us all about it! We want to hear about the good, bad, ugly, whatever!

Replies

• jcurrie17
    jcurrie17 Posts: 36 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I ran my first half marathon in Missoula MT on Sunday! I alternate between walking and running and finished in 3 hours...15 minutes faster than I was hoping. Loved it! Amazing atmosphere and beautiful scenery along the route...even if I had to be up at 3 am to get ready. Also did their 3 mile beer run Friday night and their 5K, in the rain, on Saturday. It was an awesome weekend.
  • kkramey1970
    kkramey1970 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Big Dog Heat Wave 5 Miler on Saturday here in Columbus, GA. Slower than the last time I ran it so a little disappointed. Good time either way.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first half jcurrie :smiley:
  • suetorrence
    suetorrence Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Great half marathon jcurrie17. I was registered but had to defer it to next year after I injured my hip flexor. My husband ran the full marathon and said that the support and organization was great. Perhaps I will see you next year.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I ran a 15k this past weekend, the Utica (NY) Boilermaker. It was hot, too crowded and kind of miserable. I expected to be faster but I guess everyone has off days. I want to redeem myself next year though!
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I ran my first trail race last weekend. Half marathon in 3:18... Almost twice my road time. It was a lot of fun and I'm now officially in love with trails!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Mine was a beautiful run. The Pear Fair 5-miler, in the small town of Courtland, CA.
    Courtland is located down along the Sacramento River. Population 355.
    The race had no starting gun and no strip you cross to activate your chip. The school principal (or somebody official) simply said: On your mark, get set, GO!
    And a cheer rose up from the small knot of spectators (a small voice): "Go poppa!"
    It's all pear trees everywhere you look. We ran along a dirt road through the orchards. They warned us about bees before the race. Fortunately, no one got stung -- not that I know of.
    It was warm and swallows swirled overhead and the air smelled of the country.
    Afterwards, pear pie, pear fritters, pear pancakes, etc., were had by all.
    Mighta been the best race I have ever been to.
  • Wendy98
    Wendy98 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Small local 5k this morning. I trained hard yesterday (run and bike) and don't do that the day before racing. I saw this race late yesterday and decided to see how my body felt in the morning. Set a new PR of 19:11. I was first female and 2nd runner overall. Did I mention it was a puny little race?
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    @Wendy98 Even if it was a tiny race, 19:11 5K is awesome! Way to go!!
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Fayetteville half marathon 1:29! 70 degrees, 70 degree dew point and 90% humidity, so I felt good about this effort wherein I kept my average below goal marathon pace for Chicago despite the conditions and hills.

I was third female overall :)
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Thames Path Challenge, 100km. 15:02. Couple of injuries around 70km and 85km made it a painful finish but I am so happy with the achievement.
    Didn't hit "the wall" at any point and also managed to somehow avoid any of the mental "I was to stop now" problems.
    Just looking forward to having a week of relaxing.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Bottle and Cork 10 Miler in Dewey Beach, DE. 12 OA, 3rd in AG in 1:07:02 (6:43 pace).
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Suwanee Fest 5K and 10K this weekend. Not a highly competitive race set, but I like doing the back-to-back and it fits my training for an end of October half marathon.

5K was mildly intentionally slow (24:00/7:45) 22nd overall, 2nd in my age group.

10K wasn't as fast as I would have liked (47:12/7:36) 6th overall, won my age group. Only part of the race that makes me mad ... if I had just run the 10K and hit it at my Peachtree Road Race pace (43:16).......I would have won it. :s
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    shfifwdklqjj.jpg

The 2015 MVP Rochester Half Marathon was the fourth half in the Four Seasons Challenge, giving me the last piece of the 4-part medal for the series. Got great weather, 54° and cloudy at the start with maybe 8 mph wind. New course, and somewhat challenging with 5 miles mostly downhill, 5 miles mostly uphill, and an up and down last 5K with a killer hill around mile 11.

I knew what was coming, and planned my race accordingly. The plan worked well. I finished 36th of 2193, 1st of 74 in the M 55-59 age group, with a PR gun time of 1:30:21.

The associated full marathon turns out to be a double Boston qualifier, good for 2016 or 2017. I personally know two runners who achieved their first BQ today at Rochester. One of them is going to hop on the Boston registration tomorrow morning, and I don't know about the other.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post. Ventura Marathon in California. Didn't reach my primary goal of under 3 hours but still PR'd with a 3:03:32! I will keep chipping away at it.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Princeton HM this morning. Ran a 1:43:38, which is a new PR by about 9.5 minutes, and beats even my A goal (was 1:45) for my fall HM races. So I'll have to set an even tougher goal for Baltimore in 2 weeks!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Clarendon HM today, trail run that's the latter half of a Marathon between Salisbury and Winchester (the originals).

Hard going with some cheeky elevation but I managed a 2:13, slightly slower than I'd hoped for but my training has been off form for a couple of months due to changes in my working pattern.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I ran Princeton too, spur of the moment (i.e., my friend got sick. ;) ) It was my first half after my disastrous Love Run this spring when I was injured and came in about eight minutes short of my PR. Today was my second best half time ever (first was Princeton last year), so with only about half my season's training under my belt, I definitely can't complain! 1:57:36. My goal was just to come in under 2:00.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I ran the Runner's Flat 50K. Consisted of two loops with a water crossing by canoe. I felt really strong and was easing my way up to the front and had the master's division clinched and felt strongly that I could have gotten into 3rd overall if not 2nd. Then I came up to the canoe crossing a third time! I don't know how I missed the turn and then reentered the trail behind myself but I did. Backtracked too far and still missed the turn, had to walk and figure out where I was at before I found myself. Ended up adding a couple of miles and losing my podium finish. 9th overall, 3rd in masters. Outside of getting lost, I had a wonderful race and after race festivities. Stayed to the end and congratulated the last runner across the finish line (a woman who came all the way from Australia, not sure if she came for the race or just happened to be here in the states) She gave me a big hug after crossing.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the impressive and classy finish. I'm sure that meant the world to that woman.