Starting (again) 1st June, anyone fancy joining?

Options
13»

Replies

• engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Clo747 wrote: »
    engodwin wrote: »
    OK I'm counting down the workouts left for cardio 1 - if I have to see that stupid "I'm shaking girl" for much longer... UGH and the "running man" - seriously hate those things! LOL Hope everyone else is still on track!
    Lol! I think running man rears up again in another workout as a cardio interval... Can't recall which, though! I get by by watching David fail spectacularly at the kickouts. What is he doing?! Lol

Oh nooooo darn those running man moves!!! ARGH
    And yes david is a hoot idk what he is doing LOL
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @missingone thank you for the encouragement! Still going strong on day 4; going to get workout in soon for the day and I am really enjoying this program so far (I know I am just at the beginning though). Can't wait to see what the results are at the end, the work I am putting in working out makes me more conscious of what i am eating because I don't want to undo my hard work.
  • missingone
    missingone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Clo747 ---I will try that!
    @jenstanley13 you're doing awesome!! Are you still going strong?

I still haven't been good about staying on schedule. :neutral: I just finished up Week 3 today, but I can see so much progress already. I LOVE the Body Revolution workout DVDs, but I just can't get into the Cardio 1, so I've been substituting a Hip Hop Abs Cardio workout on cardio days since I have a beachbody streaming subscription. I feel incredibly silly doing it because I greatly lack in the dancing-coordination department, but it's a good workout and is fun.

I'm hoping I can finish up Week 4 on schedule so I can get my first set of Body Revolution DVDs mailed off to a friend for her to start!
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    One more workout before the end of Phase 1!
    @missingone Did you get on any better with the side crunches? I am happy to be saying goodbye to plank ups...trying to remember if they make a comeback so I don't crumple into a ball and cry later! lol
  • tpg10
    tpg10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started on June 1 too and just found this group! I have 2 more workouts in phase 1 and I'm done! I hate hate hate those stupid plank ups! But I kept with it today and didn't drop or stop. I'm glad I'm not alone on hating those! I'm dreading starting next week with all new workouts - I know I will get my butt kicked!

I'm now 10.5 weeks post c-section and I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I was already at my pre-pregnancy weight before I started JMBR, but I'd like to lose 30lbs more to be at my ideal weight. My body isn't letting lose of the fat easily (breastfeeding?) so I set workout goals instead of weight loss goals. For finishing phase 1 I get to go get a massage! Calling to schedule it for next week and I can't wait! Yayyyy!
  • Clo747
    Options
    @tpg10 Bless you, working so hard with Jillian only a couple of months after a section! My youngest is gonna be 6 soon and I'm still like... 'ooh, baby weight'! lol! Great job knocking out those plankups, too. I do them on my knees because my arms and shoulders are GONE by the end, but it feels good to get through them nonetheless. I think you've got the right attitude regarding your goals. Keep taking good care of you (and your bubba) and you'll see the results.
  • tpg10
    Options
    @Clo747 thank you so much - your encouragement means a lot! Good luck to you too - being a mama is hard work! I did half of the plank ups on my knees during the 3rd week - ugh! Keep up the good (hard) work!!

• Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I must say it is nice to be going through this on the same schedule with other people. It's like a book club for the body, lol.
  • Zilla100
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Reviewing Workout 5 again before Monday. Good Lord.

Cable crescents to cable punches to crescents to punches to crescents...and those wretched, wretched tricep presses!

• njasperson
    njasperson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok, workout 5 was TOUGH for me! And I think I need a new cable because mine seems too short
  • Clo747
    Options
    I CANNOT with the cable punches! Jesus Christ!
  • Zilla100
    Options
    I had to stop at the 20 minute mark. I got through it on my previous go-rounds, but maybe I am giving it more this time and am not aware of it. I had nothing left! I will get through it on Thursday though!
  • Clo747
    Options
    Yep! "Just keep moving!" as Jill likes to shout at us... I'm modifying anything that I think is gonna take me over the edge of madness, so I did NOT cable punch as fast as them and was having some balance troubles with the crab dips so was on both legs for quite a bit there. This round will probably take more than the regulation two weeks for me. But I'd like to really be able to get through it giving my all before I move on.
  • Zilla100
    Options
    I'm done. Tried Workout 6 today, was getting splintering kneepain during rockstars. It's also just not holding my interest. I am going to look for a 4 day split routine I can do. Good luck to everyone else though!
  • tpg10
    Options
    Are you all still going? I finished week 5 yesterday and I thought it was easier than week 4! Hmm maybe I need to push harder! I like the cardio DVD for 5/6 - much more variety!
  • gininme
    gininme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just found these posts. Anyone still at it? I'm back at it. I have been doing BR on & off through summer. I start, keep it going for a few weeks, then something comes up, and a week or two later I re-start. I need some self discipline and am gaining motivation reading this.