Where is everyone from?

Options

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Chabela53 wrote: »
    Wow...nice mix of areas! @auntiestephie321 We sure did have a lot of snow! I grew up in the Binghamton area, and this winter reminded me of the winters of NY and when I was younger!

Yes it really felt like when I was a kid it snowed constantly in the winter. We got pretty lucky for a couple years. We'll see what this year brings.
  • giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Northwest Uk, sun shining today but it is definitely feeling a bit cooler. Love Autumn so don't mind at all.
  • keokagal
    keokagal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Beverly, MA but moving to Bradenton, FL within the year. Need to live in a heat wave filled with humidity, ahhh.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada and Fall is here. Leaves already on the ground!
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    mrron2u wrote: »
    Overland Park, Kansas here. And it's not as flat as people think! Trust me, the hills I bike and walk up and down are something!

Overland Park may not be flat, but that's because it's practically Missouri. :smile: Kansas as a whole? Definitely actually that flat. I-70 from Salina to Denver...ugh!

I'm originally from Missouri (a large farm in the northwest corner of the state), but have been in Oklahoma for the past 10 years (holy cow, I didn't realize it had been so long!). Currently living outside of Mannford, about 30 miles west of Tulsa.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am in NC just north of Charlotte (originally from central IL, by way of Guam!) I have to say, I can't complain. Our weather has been decent this summer.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Mississippi, here, where you can experience all four seasons in a single day! Right now it's Hot & Humid with a side of Hot!!
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Overland Park, Kansas here. And it's not as flat as people think! Trust me, the hills I bike and walk up and down are something!

Overland Park may not be flat, but that's because it's practically Missouri. :smile: Kansas as a whole? Definitely actually that flat. I-70 from Salina to Denver...ugh!
    You are correct - we are so close to Missouri that we pick up the start of the Ozarks! I'm from Denver originally and can testify that there is nothing but flatness across 98% of Kansas!

• CJ0821
    CJ0821 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Weatherford, Texas :wink:
  • spacetastic
    spacetastic Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    England! :)
  • amb312
    amb312 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    SE lower Michigan just north of Detroit. I love summer, you don't have to shovel it!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Western New York between Buffalo and Niagara Falls. We are in the low 70s today after a nice stretch of high 80s for the holiday weekend. Sadly I'm pretty sure that was the last of the heat for this year. I love fall don't even mind cold and rainy days.

But what comes after, not so much. We got slammed last year, like much if the northeast did. Started early in November too. Most of my family was trapped in their houses for a week, if anyone wants to see what 8 ft of snow in two days looks like my brother in law videod it all

https://youtu.be/y74QiPo_HLw

Praying we don't have another one like that
    Wow...nice mix of areas! @auntiestephie321 We sure did have a lot of snow! I grew up in the Binghamton area, and this winter reminded me of the winters of NY and when I was younger!

I grew up not too far from y'all! When I tell my husband what the snow in upstate NY is like, he doesn't believe me. Literally, he doesn't believe me. He's Houston born and raised. I find it sad to imagine a childhood without copious amounts of snowfall, waking up freezing and huddling by the baseboard heaters or radiator to warm up before getting dressed, and waking up to a winter wonderland hoping for a snow day. *sigh* I really need to get my kids up north this winter....
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Nice mix of nationalities and areas!

North Florida has a nice fall usually. Already substantially cooler than it was last month which I am loving. This is the best time of year to go to the beach to me. Less obnoxious tourists and the water is always prettier in the fall and winter on the gulf side. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

I'm originally from Missouri (a large farm in the northwest corner of the state), but have been in Oklahoma for the past 10 years (holy cow, I didn't realize it had been so long!). Currently living outside of Mannford, about 30 miles west of Tulsa.

Actually, driving up 35 north is barely flat at all. People are always shocked when I tell them how many trees there are! (I was born in Mac aka McPherson, which is about 40 minutes north of Wichita on 235 for anyone counting)... Lived in Texas for 25 years, and now plopped in Oklahoma...
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Christchurch, New Zealand. I live in a beautiful country, we are going into spring here. Our city suffered a massive earthquake 5 years ago, so there has been a lot of new houses built and now the CBD is starting to build back up again. The city is a wreck really but there is always a new shop or café or bar popping up somewhere so its quite interesting to live here.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    The Bay of Plenty in New Zealand. A beach is always mere minutes away.
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Richmond (The River City) Virginia!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    North Alabama, by way of northern Virginia, but I was born and raised in western Canada.
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I was born and raised in Philly. Spent 30 years working in Christian radio all over the United States. Currently I pastor a church in Abilene, KS (home of President Eisenhower). Thank God the weather is about to change. Should be in the 70's starting tomorrow.
  • randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Originally from Southern NJ across from Philly area but now living in central Delaware. Had some heavy rains and storms today and the heat is finally breaking here too. Can't wait for fall but just don't want winter to come.