Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    nt
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    r3q3tkez1qml.jpg
    89iovct1l68l.jpgfound a neat little house on the side of a trail and a tree that would be awful to bump in to on yesterday's ride.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Posted this to another thread forgetting that this one was here. I love how I can see the seasons changing from where the sun is in the sky on my morning commutes. In the summer it's very up when I get to this spot, in spring/fall it's like this and in winter it's dark. Makes the changing of the seasons almost tactile.
    21420500251_d1b7d156a7.jpg
    Good morning sun! #commutebybike #stravaphoto
    by Tom L, on Flickr
  • Archon2
    Options
    ^sweet pic, Spatialized
  • Archon2
    Options
    mrron2u wrote: »
    r3q3tkez1qml.jpg
    89iovct1l68l.jpgfound a neat little house on the side of a trail and a tree that would be awful to bump in to on yesterday's ride.

Those are the most horrible looking thorns I have ever seen. At first I thought they were some kind of man-made spikes. Even bears would give those some respect :)

• mrron2u
    Options
    Archon2 wrote: »
    Those are the most horrible looking thorns I have ever seen. At first I thought they were some kind of man-made spikes. Even bears would give those some respect :)
    I know! Thankfully this particular tree is about 10 feet off the path, but I'll be watching closer from now on!
  • Archon2
    edited September 2015
    Options
    mrron2u wrote: »
    Archon2 wrote: »
    I know! Thankfully this particular tree is about 10 feet off the path, but I'll be watching closer from now on!

I had to research it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_locust
    I thought this was real interesting, "These thorns are thought to have evolved to protect the trees from browsing Pleistocene megafauna which may also have been involved in seed dispersal, but the size and spacing of them is useless in defending against smaller extant herbivores such as deer. "

So these thorns were probably developed to fend off things like Triceratops and Brontosaurus types! No wonder they look over-sized in today's world!

Edit: OK, my eras were way off, the Pleistocene was recent...the last ice age I think...so that would be defense against things like Mammoths not Dinos :)
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Some kind of duck/goose/turkey hybrid....wxi8ettomuez.jpg
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    Roza42 wrote: »
    Cowbells and Coffee could you give me advice on where to purchase socks and what types of socks to purchase? Because you know, "More Cowbell!!". It was brought to my attention that I wear the wrong socks and since I admire your socks I was hoping you would have some advice. Totally because I wear similar combinations, but haven't seen good patterns in above the ankle socks around here.

yg2kdvtmfl1n.jpg

If Stevie Wonder wore the socks, then I would. At this moment I am wearing a light blue with dark blue dots and a pink with blue striped sock. I like the patterns that Cowbell wears, I just don't usually match the colors myself. Of course my socks don't usually show. But with ankle/crew socks I can change that.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Some kind of duck/goose/turkey hybrid....wxi8ettomuez.jpg

That's a Muscovy Duck. They're native to Mexico and Central America. We have them all over the place in northeast Florida. They don't fly very well, and it's illegal to kill them here, so they end up taking over neighborhoods making messes wherever they go, while creating traffic jams whenever they decide to meander out into the middle of the street. Want me to send some more your way? lol
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Please do! They're so colurful :smiley:
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Please do! They're so colurful :smiley:

I'll have to see how much FedEx charges. :D
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    Roza42 wrote: »
    Cowbells and Coffee could you give me advice on where to purchase socks and what types of socks to purchase? Because you know, "More Cowbell!!". It was brought to my attention that I wear the wrong socks and since I admire your socks I was hoping you would have some advice. Totally because I wear similar combinations, but haven't seen good patterns in above the ankle socks around here.

yg2kdvtmfl1n.jpg

Gotta love TBY! :p

For my socks, I have a number of places to find EPIC sock doping.

www.madalchemy.com
    www.theathleticcommunity.com
    www.defeet.com
    www.hbstache.com
    www.sako7.com

Enjoy!
  • CycleCarolina
    CycleCarolina Posts: 23 Member
    Options
  • mrron2u
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nice shot @CycleCarolina!
  • tomhassi
    tomhassi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Few days ago...
    j9y6ovc9duwr.jpg
    4412.jpg 953.5K
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    tomhassi wrote: »
    Few days ago...
    j9y6ovc9duwr.jpg

WOW! Very nice!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,203 Member
    Options
    Hiawatha Trail on the Old Milwaukee rail line over Lookout Pass.

9uoft65pxdqb.jpg
    jeg2b3yakt6s.jpg
  • tomhassi
    tomhassi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Had a little break during a long ride. Katajajärvi, Finland
    b88ws1j8tuki.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,203 Member
    Options
    tomhassi wrote: »
    Had a little break during a long ride. Katajajärvi, Finland