Starting again, looking for accountability buddies!

Options

Replies

• annblahow1618
    annblahow1618 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm also looking for some accountability friends. I am currently 5'8", 22yo, 149 lbs- shooting for 130. I'm just learning how to run/exercise without access to a gym. I've added a few of you- hope that's ok! :)
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please add me, I would love some friends on MFP, I tend to log very well during the week then it gets to Friday night and I have a glass of wine and it all goes to pot! Have lost a stone in total since starting MFP last summer but would like to get down to 10 stone
  • mrsmerre
    mrsmerre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey I need some motivation and accountability buddies! I'm 33, vegetarian 5'2 and 145. My goal weight is 125. I struggle with eating healthy. I love junk food and sugar,
  • Shawnda8867
    Shawnda8867 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Im Shawnda and today is my first day on My Fitness App! I want to lose 28 lbs. I will lose 28lbs! Im 5'6" and currently weigh 158. I started a running program that has me programmed to run a half marathon on December 13. I love running but I can't seem to stay on track for more than 2 months w/o stopping for 2-3 weeks due to a small injury or lack of motivation. I really lose motivation when I run for 4 weeks and not 1 pound comes off! Whats up with that? Oh I know the pints of ice cream didn't help so I cut those out. It's time to get serious. I stopped drinking alcohol March 1, 2015. I stopped smoking April 18. Now im ready to get fit and sexy!!!
  • hrwhisamore
    hrwhisamore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jemfresh30 wrote: »
    So I'm back here again trying to finally achieve my goal of losing the last 6kgs (13lbs) and want friends to keep each other accountable! With work I find it hard to eat healthy and do any exercise. If you want someone to help keep you motivated on your journey then add me :)

Add me!! We all should help motivate each other on a daily if needed! I am 5'3 and currently 153 I would love to get back down to 130! I had back surgery in August 2014, nothing major, it's been hard to get back my energy since I've put on the weight.
  • wildthingsmom
    wildthingsmom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join too! I start my gyms 8 week challenge Sunday, and my initial goal (before seeing my body fat %) is to lose 10 lbs (5'8" and 142 starting) I do work out HARD 5 days/week, but i need to clean up my diet. Would love to know what macro % work for all of you and I'm really struggling with a sweet tooth..
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Feel free to add me. I'm getting back at it myself as well.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. I am on pretty much daily and working on losing that last stubborn 15 lbs.
  • GoldenSpider
    GoldenSpider Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am buckling down to finally hit my goal weight! I had a bunch of inactive MFP friends, so I cleaned house and need to make new accountability partners.

Add me and I promise I'll cheer you on!
  • AprilFritts
    AprilFritts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This last 5 pounds is dragging me down! I need some cheerleaders!
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group.
    I lost 71 lbs last year just with calorie deficit but then I quit MFP and gained back 40lbs. I endulged in everything... wrong move. This time I want to not only do calorie counting but I want to exercise too. I've joined the YMCA and I swim and do water aerobics and walking and soon will start some kind of gym routine after I get the orientation this week.
    I am 5'8 172.5 lbs and 45 yrs old.
    I want to get down to 140 lbs.
    I have about 32 lbs to lose.
    I would absolutely love some accountablity friends !!
  • askovira
    askovira Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose those last 5-10 extra pounds for over a year now. I stopped logging about 9 months ago and I am actually amazed that I haven't gained tons back. I am currently ~135 and would lobe to get to 125-130. I am also working on getting more toned. I am back on MFP starting today and plan to log every day. I would love some buddies and so plan on adding a bunch of you from this thread. Hope that is ok!
  • cicichirinos
    cicichirinos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Adding practically all of you- lets do this! I'm recommitting to losing 30lbs to achieve my goal weight of 115lbs today, 9/15. Let's keep each other motivated.
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Heya,

I've been struggling for the last 6 months or so to get rid those last 10+ lbs, or rather to change some of them them for muscles. Would love some new people around for input and motivation. Already added some of you but feel free to add me, too.
  • abbybeal1999
    abbybeal1999 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was on a very strict diet because I thought I was experiencing major allergic reactions to most foods. I had started on September 26, 2014. I lost almost 50lbs. and over 40 inches and was down to 122 lbs. When I recently finally got to get in to see a rheumatologist, I found out I didn't have food allergies after all. Soo........ I totally lost all control except for not having any caffeine now in almost 1 year. I have already gained 10 lbs since May 15th when I had my hysterectomy. I am joining a gym very soon. I am 5'4.5 tall, and would like to stay motivated inside the gym while maintaining a healthier way of eating. Any motivation and/or suggestions, etc. would be very much appreciated, as I am willing to help others as well!!
  • abbybeal1999
    abbybeal1999 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm not sure how to communicate with anyone.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to communicate with anyone.

Hi Abby! If you mean communicating with people on here:

- On the forums - just click "Quote" to post a public response to someone's post. That'll put a line of code at the top of your message, which will include whatever they said. (You can crop this, as long as you leave the brackets and everything between them [ ]

- In general - Click on someone's username. You should be able to send them a private message. :)

• SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm hoping to rekindle my motivation here... I hit my heaviest around November (171lbs) and have been steadily trying to get back to the 138 I was for so long. At this point, even the 140's would be fantastic.

I'm 5'7, currenting 160 lbs. I carry it mostly in my hips. I'm less concerned about actual numbers on the scale and more concerned about the fact that there's such a disparity between my hips and my waist. It's hard to find slacks that don't leave me with 8" of waistband...

If anyone wants a daily "check in" buddy to say, "Hey! Did you run/walk/lift/do anything today?" let me know. :D
  • fionnnnaaaa
    fionnnnaaaa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in, need to loose 7 to 10 lb!
  • ANSL_Mom
    ANSL_Mom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I need to drop 5-10lbs and lean back down.