Post Your Results Here

Options

Replies

• havingfunnow
    havingfunnow Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Woops...posted results...deleted them. I did not follow your recipe exactly...it wouldn't be fair. Now I can't delete the post...only edit. Results are in food diary in notes.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    I did ok, no weight loss, but, I am on meds from my surgery and still have a lot of inflammation, so I am thinking maybe that's it? I did fine with the fasting. I actually broke the fast later than I intended on Friday, as I had my post op appt in Phoenix and its 100 miles away and I had to get on the road. lol....

My carbs are always under 20 a day and I always have a calorie deficit. I have it written down, but its in my car and there is a snake on the driveway, so it will have to wait...not a venomous snake, Its a King snake that I have named Skippy until I figure a better name, but I really don't like snakes and he lives in my yard...they eat Rattlesnakes and mice, so I allow him to stay, but I don't socialize with him or her much. ugh

I haven't been able to exercise as I was restricted by my surgeon, however, he says I am weeks ahead of where I am supposed to be, so I am cleared for PT. The PT will be 2 times a week. Will that be ok, or do you want me to wait and do the next water fast when I am finished with the PT so I am only exercising once a week?

So am I a total destroyer of your recipe and challenge? I apologize. Really.

Everyone is doing so great! Way to go!

The best part about water fasting is that ~ you don't have to exercise! I lost most of my weight before doing any exercise. But I couldn't take exercise out of the recipe, or the "exercise" people would complain. But I rather asked the "exercise" people to do their exercise way before the fast. Because to do exercise right before the fast is a big no-no. Your body will retain water and you will get poor results.

You shouldn't stop trying because of one single mishap. If I had done that, I'd still weigh 250 lbs.

Here are some famous inspirational sayings by Thomas A. Edison, one of the greatest inventors of all time:
    (commenting on the light bulb) I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.

Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.

Thank you!!! You are such an inspiration and a nice guy, too. I am sticking with this and I will succeed. I will have to exercise 2 days a week for my pt, but they are going to be gentle to start with, so I guess I won't be deviating too much.

I am expecting great things at my next check in!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I lost 2lbs after yesterday's fast, but the day before I was 2.5lbs up (the same 2.5 lbs I had lost on last week's fast), so net gain of half a pound over these two weeks.

I take responsibility though as I have been too busy to log everything (crazy week at work) and at the weekend we made a low carb French silk pie and of course I ate lots so that was not a great idea. I did struggle to keep hunger under control the day after the fast last week as well, so determined to do better today. Should be easier as still extremely busy and hoping to go to Zumba tonight - I know exercising the day after the fast isn't in the recipe, but that has been the way the cookie has crumbled this week - and exercising usually makes me less hungry. I hope that's true today. Haven't been to Zumba for 3 weeks with one thing and another, so I'm expecting to be tired tomorrow!

Hope everyone is doing a bit better than me this week.
  • britzen
    britzen Posts: 143 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    EDIT- I'm now running a fever. Interesting, since I haven't left the homestead or been around anyone else for 8 days now. Starting to live like the Unibomber, LOL!

Yesterday was Week 2 's Fast Day. Since I lost week over the weekend, I included the end of last week in the results.
    Felt like crap all day. Not hungry, but had a horrific headache which is VERY rare. Had the worst case of charlie horses at 3 am, so my sleep sucked. I think it's been 8-10 years since I had a Charlie. Pretty tired and crabby right now.

Below is the results for the past 6 days.

1.7=-3.2lbs (one day loss, which was either recovering from dehydration from the Week 1 fast day, or the beginning of my Whoosh Week).

Week 2

2.1=0.0
    2.2=-.8
    2.3=-.2
    2.4=0.0
    2.5=0.0

I'm pretty bummed, as I can tell I'll be starting my cycle within the next 24 hours, and I usually purge 8-10 lbs like clockwork right before, then nothing for 10 days or so. I guess the change up has messed with my body's OODA loop. In the past 6 days I've lost 4.2, still a nice number, but when you're used to seeing double that after 2-3 weeks of predictable nothing, it's discouraging. I've dropped my calories, any artificial sweeteners and stevia, cut exercise and had the worst case of legs cramps since I started this 100 days ago and not losing near what I was.

I think I'll re-evaluate, go back to my normal activity load and water intake, and see how the rest of the week goes. I'll leave my cal level dropped for the next week and see how it works, there has to be major whoosh at some point,
    I never cheat and stay within my calorie allotment.

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    britzen wrote: »
    EDIT- I'm now running a fever. Interesting, since I haven't left the homestead or been around anyone else for 8 days now. Starting to live like the Unibomber, LOL!

Yesterday was Week 2 's Fast Day. Since I lost week over the weekend, I included the end of last week in the results.
    Felt like crap all day. Not hungry, but had a horrific headache which is VERY rare. Had the worst case of charlie horses at 3 am, so my sleep sucked. I think it's been 8-10 years since I had a Charlie. Pretty tired and crabby right now.

Below is the results for the past 6 days.

1.7=-3.2lbs (one day loss, which was either recovering from dehydration from the Week 1 fast day, or the beginning of my Whoosh Week).

Week 2

2.1=0.0
    2.2=-.8
    2.3=-.2
    2.4=0.0
    2.5=0.0

I'm pretty bummed, as I can tell I'll be starting my cycle within the next 24 hours, and I usually purge 8-10 lbs like clockwork right before, then nothing for 10 days or so. I guess the change up has messed with my body's OODA loop. In the past 6 days I've lost 4.2, still a nice number, but when you're used to seeing double that after 2-3 weeks of predictable nothing, it's discouraging. I've dropped my calories, any artificial sweeteners and stevia, cut exercise and had the worst case of legs cramps since I started this 100 days ago and not losing near what I was.

I think I'll re-evaluate, go back to my normal activity load and water intake, and see how the rest of the week goes. I'll leave my cal level dropped for the next week and see how it works, there has to be major whoosh at some point,
    I never cheat and stay within my calorie allotment.

Britzen, you're doing it right. But, if you lose more weight ~ not fasting ~ do that. Actually I started this whole fasting thing for people that were in "unscheduled maintenance". So if you have a system that works, why bother with fasting? (hmmmm, wait, it also has many health benefits).

Your headache could be dehydration. Try drinking your normal boatload of water and see what happens.

Are you actively taking Magnesium Citrate, or on a "as needed" basis? I get a leg cramp if I forget one pill (of the two I take daily).

Dan

• DittoDan
    Options
    I lost 2lbs after yesterday's fast, but the day before I was 2.5lbs up (the same 2.5 lbs I had lost on last week's fast), so net gain of half a pound over these two weeks.

I take responsibility though as I have been too busy to log everything (crazy week at work) and at the weekend we made a low carb French silk pie and of course I ate lots so that was not a great idea. I did struggle to keep hunger under control the day after the fast last week as well, so determined to do better today. Should be easier as still extremely busy and hoping to go to Zumba tonight - I know exercising the day after the fast isn't in the recipe, but that has been the way the cookie has crumbled this week - and exercising usually makes me less hungry. I hope that's true today. Haven't been to Zumba for 3 weeks with one thing and another, so I'm expecting to be tired tomorrow!

The exercise timing thing was to teach the principle that if you do strenuous exercise, do it many days before the weigh-in. So the day after the fast (weigh-in day) is perfectly fine to exercise. Because when you do strenuous exercise, your body will absorb water for healing. Then you will have a sucky weigh-in day. The water is released when your soreness subsides. I imagine if a person is really fit, that healing time is much shorter.

That's all...
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

The exercise timing thing was to teach the principle that if you do strenuous exercise, do it many days before the weigh-in. So the day after the fast (weigh-in day) is perfectly fine to exercise. Because when you do strenuous exercise, your body will absorb water for healing. Then you will have a sucky weigh-in day. The water is released when your soreness subsides. I imagine if a person is really fit, that healing time is much shorter.

That's all...

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I weighed in again today after my zumba last night and was down again. So very happy. I really think this IF is really helpful, so thanks again for all your time and help. It was also much easier to fast this week than the first week, maybe because I was so busy, but I think the body adjusts as well. :)
  • havingfunnow
    Options
    09.18.15 week 2: Burned 16, 100 calories (4.6 pounds) doing the Poseidon 100 Fat Burning Water Fast, 36 hours.

That's an 8 pound loss in 2 weeks. So happy! Your recipe absolutely helped me break the stall; I am close to goal weight.

I did veer from the recipe last week-I got so excited, I added a 32 hour fast (Forgot about following the recipe exact)

Thank you Dan :)
  • britzen
    Options
    That's so wonderful having fun!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
  • britzen
    Options
    britzen wrote: »

Yesterday was Week 2 's Fast Day....

Britzen, you're doing it right. But, if you lose more weight ~ not fasting ~ do that. Actually I started this whole fasting thing for people that were in "unscheduled maintenance". So if you have a system that works, why bother with fasting? (hmmmm, wait, it also has many health benefits).

Your headache could be dehydration. Try drinking your normal boatload of water and see what happens.

Are you actively taking Magnesium Citrate, or on a "as needed" basis? I get a leg cramp if I forget one pill (of the two I take daily).

Dan

I take 400mg of Chelated MG every evening, like clockwork. I may do one more week and see how it goes (not that there's much of a difference 6 out of 7 days for me), but in these 2 weeks, I've purged almost all of my stevia/As usage, and now addressing my HWC consumption. After coming off the fast day, I'm not hungry until afternoon, which gives me a chance to evaluate what i'm putting in my mouth.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I did one week. My fasting day included BPC, and was only 23 hours into the next day. I didn't follow the recipe exactly.

I weigh in first thing in the morning

Day 1 - 1440 Cal - 160.2 lbs
    Day 2 - 1240 cal - 159.4 lbs
    Day 3 - 1700 cal - 158.4 lbs
    Day 4 - 1420 cal - 158.4 lbs
    Day 5 - 400 cal - 158.2 lbs. fasted from 10 am to 9 am on day 6
    Day 6 - 1500 cal - 157.8 lbs
    Day 7 - 158.8 lbs

I appeared to go up this morning but it could be hormones.

I didn't seem to help me much in my weight loss, but I have been losing fairly steadily so I am not phased by that.

I am SUPER happy with what it did for my fasting blood glucose though. I have had a virus so my FBG was right back to prediabetic (5.6+) even when carbs were below 20g in a day. It was very frustrating because it felt like there was nothing i could do to correct it.

On day 6 my FBG was 4 and today was a 4.8. Much better!

I'll try this again. It wasn't difficult or unpleasant... That surprised me a bit. :)
  • DittoDan
    Options
    You probably already heard, but if not:

I lost a little over 3 lbs in Texas last Friday after my normal 36 hour fast. I didn't officially log in because I didn't trust the digital scale I used. But it must of been close. I did deviate from my recipe, but I had no control. I worked on my shed on Monday. I don't think I got sore though (water retention).

This week I did good again, to be sure I nailed it, I did carnivore on the day before the fast, and I wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat all my calories on that day. So, going into the fast, I was at last week's weight, which is a very good sign for me. The fast knocked off another 3+ lbs. So between today's weigh-in and two weeks ago, I lost 6.7 lbs! WHOOSH! :love: only deviation was that I didn't do any exercise this last week.

I can't believe how fat I still am though. I'm at 203.9 lbs today, lowest in 30 years. :) I have a roll on my tummy that is huge. I still won't release "after" pics yet. This tummy's got to go.

I'm now wondering if my 190 goal weight may be too high? I'm 5' 11"

Dan

• britzen
    Options
    You probably already heard, but if not:

I lost a little over 3 lbs in Texas last Friday after my normal 36 hour fast. I didn't officially log in because I didn't trust the digital scale I used. But it must of been close. I did deviate from my recipe, but I had no control. I worked on my shed on Monday. I don't think I got sore though (water retention).

This week I did good again, to be sure I nailed it, I did carnivore on the day before the fast, and I wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat all my calories on that day. So, going into the fast, I was at last week's weight, which is a very good sign for me. The fast knocked off another 3+ lbs. So between today's weigh-in and two weeks ago, I lost 6.7 lbs! WHOOSH! :love: only deviation was that I didn't do any exercise this last week.

I can't believe how fat I still am though. I'm at 203.9 lbs today, lowest in 30 years. :) I have a roll on my tummy that is huge. I still won't release "after" pics yet. This tummy's got to go.

Dan

My BF is 55/ 6'-0"/ 180 lbs. Lean and strong but no visible "muscles". Size 32/33 jeans, if that helps. He dropped to 170 last month fighting fires and his ribs were showing.

Are you muscular at all? When I was in college, at 180lbs, I was a size 7/8. For a 5'9" female, I thought that was unheard of. My legs were muscular from mtn biking, but I didn't have a muscular upper body at all. I was told I was overweight by a doctor and that really messed me up. I wont focus on the number under 200 ever again.

• DittoDan
    edited September 2015
    Options
    09.18.15 week 2: Burned 16, 100 calories (4.6 pounds) doing the Poseidon 100 Fat Burning Water Fast, 36 hours.

That's an 8 pound loss in 2 weeks. So happy! Your recipe absolutely helped me break the stall; I am close to goal weight.

I did veer from the recipe last week-I got so excited, I added a 32 hour fast (Forgot about following the recipe exact)

I'm jealous... You beat me!!! That is so awesome. :smiley:

I want to have that kind of result every week. So, you're almost done? WOW...

Glad to be of any small help.

Are you going to do another fast?

Can you give a little background on this? Is this your first water fast? Or do you do IF?

And did your "mind" say to you that you couldn't do the fast, but after getting there, it wasn't so bad after all?

As far as deviating by adding another fast, that's not a problem. You just lose more weight. Its really hard to gain weight by drinking water.... :wink:

Dan

• nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Dan

I think you need to give your body time to "rearrange" its new mass, particularly since you've only just begun to exercise, losing most of your weight being sedentary.

Think about it - HUGE change in a year! Your body is still figuring out what to do with the new you.

Once you hit your scale weight you might be able to expand your EASY exercise program and tone and strengthen what's left.

Just a thought....
  • Everlost_
    Everlost_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Busy day yesterday, didn't get a chance to post an update.

Thursday's fast was more of a mental struggle this week but it was a stressful day and evening, so that probably played a role. Got thru it, happy it is the weekend.

Week 2 results are as follows:

Saturday – down half pound
    Sunday – down 1 pound
    Monday – up half pound
    Tuesday – no change
    Wednesday –down 1 lb
    Thursday – up half lb
    Friday – down 1.5 lb

Total weekly loss – 3 lb loss

Gotta get some electrolytes in this weekend, starting to feel the effects of not paying attention to those for the first time since starting keto.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I did not fast this week, nor did I weigh daily. I think the one week daily weighing and the post fast weighing was enough to understand the daily fluctuations, which Dan said was the purpose of the daily weigh-ins. Mission accomplished! So, for my mental health I am now back to the weekly weigh in.

I'm still down 2.4 lbs from last week's after fast day weigh in, even without my water fast day. So, I'm 296, solidly in the 290's, and still on my way, and very much a happy camper with how my new way of eating is going!

My weight loss has been pretty steady averaging around 2 lbs per week since June 1st, and I'm still pleased with that. On week's where I have been scuba diving all week or doing some hard travel (I've always been "good", as Dan says and stayed keto, 20 total grams Cb or less) my weight loss has been 3 or 4 lbs. I end up Intermittent Fasting on most days, going 30 or 32 hours between meals, dinner being my last and lunch being my "break fast". I LOVE the controllable appetite being in ketosis!

I may do an occasional water fast, and when I do I'll report my results here, but for the moment I think I will step back and keep water fasting as a tool in my tool belt for when my weight loss inevitably starts to slow.

I have been completely sedentary other than scuba since the beginning of keto in June, but I think I'm going to start adding walking in again - not so much for weight loss, but for simple strengthening my core gently and heart exercise. I do love walking and have some wonderful places to do so here in Washington, plus my walks double as a great prayer time!

Thanks Dan for your efforts here! Oh, and congratulations on your weight loss the last couple of weeks!
  • havingfunnow
    Options

I'm jealous... You beat me!!! That is so awesome. :smiley:

I want to have that kind of result every week. So, you're almost done? WOW...

Glad to be of any small help.

Are you going to do another fast?

Can you give a little background on this? Is this your first water fast? Or do you do IF?

And did your "mind" say to you that you couldn't do the fast, but after getting there, it wasn't so bad after all?

As far as deviating by adding another fast, that's not a problem. You just lose more weight. Its really hard to gain weight by drinking water.... :wink:

Dan

....Thanks Dan;
    Yes, I plan on doing a 3rd water fast this Thursday too. IF from after Supper to breakfast or lunch. Off and on. I had concerns if I would be able to do the water fast, going without eating that long. I got slightly hungry, but not bad. It's very motivating once you see the scale move and blood sugar improvements. I placed my notes in my food diary. I had been having problems getting my blood sugars below 100 and the 2nd week saw excellent results.
    Thanks, once again!

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I've gone up to 159.8 now. I definitely need to try this another week when hormones aren't messing with me - I've only gone up since the morning I started my fast. Bizarre.

If I get another week or two like this I'll assume my body doesn't like fasting right now. It's too early to say that now.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Down 4.3 pounds and 2.5 inches this week. Very happy especially considering I am still on some meds from my spinal surgery and my exercise is only walking right now. Thank you Dan! The recipe works! It took my body a bit to adjust to it, but I wonder if that's the meds and the inflammation. I am going to do it again this week. Oh, I had a few lunch / dinner things that of course were on the fasting days and it wasn't a problem... I like this!