Cake, bread and all things evil

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    Well back on the road to low carb heaven, thanks everyone for your help :-). Weight is down 2kg, another 2 to get back to where it was last Saturday morning.

@KnitOrMiss I'll see if that kombucha stuff is available in New Zealand, thank you!

Those rum balls look delicious, also unsure about the products used to make them though, I shall google. I have seen hemp flour and hemp lollipops, but not hearts. Google is not being hopeful, there are only really hemp protein powders and hemp seed oils. I also have not found almond flour anywhere yet :-(

You can find or make any naturally fermented products. Google will tell you what to use, etc.

Hemp flour would likely work. The seeds are what they grind down to make flour... The oil is another oil along side coconut oil and such... the hearts are just the hulled seeds. the lollipops might be a treat.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    The flour I came across wasn't for human consumption, I have no idea who they are thinking will eat it then!
  • AppetiteControlFreak
    Options
    I don't do cheat days

They really are punishment days

For me being stupid enough to think rewarding myself by sickening my body is somehow good.

We have free doughnuts at work quite often. So far I have skipped them every time

I just don't want the derail of my body for a day.

• minties82
    Options
    That is good, I'm glad you have good control. I wasn't trying to cheat or had planned on it, I have an eating disorder and often go into a frenzy. I haven't had any counselling for a long while and it is starting to show. Self-loathing is at an all time high. I don't think it's particularly helpful to imply stupidity on my part.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @minties82, you've been an inspiration for me! Hang in there! Being able to recognize an eating disorder is paramount to control! You know that! I learned, through counseling, that giving people, or situations in life, control over my food choices (and health) can be detrimental. I was taught to take the control back and have been a success ever since! It's your control, you deserve to keep it too! :smiley:
  • AppetiteControlFreak
    Options
    That is good, I'm glad you have good control. I wasn't trying to cheat or had planned on it, I have an eating disorder and often go into a frenzy. I haven't had any counselling for a long while and it is starting to show. Self-loathing is at an all time high. I don't think it's particularly helpful to imply stupidity on my part.

It wasn't.

I didn't quote you

I clearly stated it was my feelings

As far as I know, I don't need to filter how I feel about myself with you first.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options

It wasn't.

I didn't quote you

As far as I know, I don't need to filter how I feel about myself with you first.

huh-c2a20abc94906dbf43f26b9ebde510db.gif
    Ahem...
    Let's keep it civil, please.
    It was a miscommunication. Both of you should unruffle them feathers and let it go.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days

They really are punishment days

For me being stupid enough to think rewarding myself by sickening my body is somehow good.

We have free doughnuts at work quite often. So far I have skipped them every time

I just don't want the derail of my body for a day.

I can relate to your take on the subject but then I am 64 year old guy too. :)

Welcome the the MFP forums.
  • minties82
    Options

It wasn't.

I didn't quote you

My apologies. I read it that you thought I had a fun cheat and that it had been stupid, as the thread starter I assumed comments in the thread were directed at me. I'm a sensitive person. Sorry.

I'm taking time out from everything as I have realised after vomiting food up 9 times this week, there are issues keto can't fix, and I'm extrememly tearful and tired of law carb in general. I don't have any friends to talk to and am very lonely.

Thanks for all the help on here this year everyone, again I apologise for being rude.

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I'm taking time out from everything as I have realised after vomiting food up 9 times this week, there are issues keto can't fix, and I'm extrememly tearful and tired of law carb in general. I don't have any friends to talk to and am very lonely.

[/quote]

@minties82 I know nothing about eating disorders but I am sorry you are struggling this way. Most of us know what it is to be tired, lonely and overwhelmed. Please know that your encouragement to others, on this and other forums has been helpful to more than just the OPs. Sounds like a very sensible plan to take a break from working on weigh loss issues. Health is after all the main goal here and that is more than how much each of us weighs. I hope you can find someone knowledgeable to help you through this low point. Based on your posts, you are obviously a strong and caring person. Please use that to take care of yourself.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I agree with @dasher! You have been a great inspiration to me too! I have shared in your learning through this woe. Communication can be tricky with these forums are concerned. Intent of a message may not always be clear for some readers, then throw in a stressful time and things can be interpreted completely different from an OPs original meaning. We all have stressful times that can shine through in our posts. Working through them her is what MFP is all about!

@minties82, I'm so sorry you are struggling, and sick. Vomiting isn't normal and deserves a trip to a healthcare provider to help find a resolution. I sincerely hope you get better quick! I've seen others take a maintenance break from this woe with continued success when they return. May not be a terrible idea for you. I just hope the negative side effects of carbs aren't bothersome and you can relax for a bit! HUGS!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you @minties ! Please know that I have enjoyed all your posts. I hope you feel better soon, and I hope you stay with us ! Much love and support to you Honey !
  • 915kat
    915kat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    catjrow3 wrote: »
    I love oopsie rolls. I like to use them for French toast. Egg yolk, cream, cinnamon, then butter after and sine sf syrup, my favorite

how do you use them for french toast? this sounds neat!
  • DissLocated
    DissLocated Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    As they used to say in Texas, "That'll learn ya!" :)

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    110 pounds down, 24 to go. 12 months 3 weeks on diet

They say that in Lancashire too!
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options

It wasn't.

I didn't quote you

My apologies. I read it that you thought I had a fun cheat and that it had been stupid, as the thread starter I assumed comments in the thread were directed at me. I'm a sensitive person. Sorry.

Thanks for all the help on here this year everyone, again I apologise for being rude.

@minties82 I'm sorry you feel lonely and overwhelmed. It happens to the best of us. I had a similar episode 2 months ago and instead of bouncing back immediately like you did, I let self pity take over and allowed the binge to continue until now. It's amazing where you have come from and I've always found your posts considerate, witty and above all inspiring. Never rude. So please don't be so hard on yourself. I pray you care for yourself and find resolutions for the other issues you are dealing with. Just hold on, this too will pass.

• minties82
    Options
    Thanks you guys. It has been a crazy month here. I have just found out that I am (very super early) pregnant and now have that added worry. I don't know how to tell my partner. He's not really enjoying being a father to the children we already have as it is.

Will attempt to stay low carb as I had gestational diabetes last time :-). Not sure about dieting or trying to lose weight until I talk to the midwife.

I have counselling sessions starting Friday and feeling pretty good about eating etc.

Thanks once again!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Best of success to you at this time.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    God bless you @minties82 Hope it all works out for you - no wonder you are feeling overwhelmed. Big hugs
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @minties82 Sending you huge, calming hugs. So happy for you having a session tomorrow...that will help... HUGS
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Good luck with everything. Please know you are loved here, and you will always have our support ! <3