Post Your Results Here

Options

Replies

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Down 4.3 pounds and 2.5 inches this week. Very happy especially considering I am still on some meds from my spinal surgery and my exercise is only walking right now. Thank you Dan! The recipe works! It took my body a bit to adjust to it, but I wonder if that's the meds and the inflammation. I am going to do it again this week. Oh, I had a few lunch / dinner things that of course were on the fasting days and it wasn't a problem... I like this!

That's great! :) Inflammation will definitely get in the way of weight loss, but eventually when it does go away, you'll hear a whooshing sound!

But, now to more important things, I like your car. Is that a 71ish big block SS Chevelle? What motor and tranny? Did you build it?
    (I'm an old school gear head that loves muscle cars ~ especially Chevy's)

Dan

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Huh, I'm still going up after fasting. All my food is between 1200 and 1700 over the last couple of weeks except on my fast day (which had morning BPC and then afternoon and evening calories on the following mornings.

Weigh-in is first thing in the morning.

Day 1 - 160.2
    Day 2 - 159.4
    Day 3 - 158.4
    Day 4 - 158.4
    Day 5 - 158.2 fasted from 10 am to 9 am on day 6, had 300-400 kcal in the morning with BPC
    Day 6 - 157.8 finished fast
    Day 7 - 158.8

Day 8 - 159.8
    Day 9 - 159.8
    Day 10 - 161.0

I played basketball for a while yesterday so that could be part of my bump up. My muscles and hips are not happy. Hormones could be doing this too, but I don't usually get fluctuations like this. Calories have been close to 1400 the last few days so it isn't too much food, just water.

I'll fast again in two days and see what happens. I'm for the long term weight loss and improved health, so a stall for a couple of weeks is no big deal, but it's not exactly embraced either. ;)
  • DittoDan
    Options
    NV, I usually go up the first and second day after the fast. As much as 3 lbs. I try to arrest it on the next three days. The better I do on the next three days, determine how well the WHOOSH goes on the fast day. So for me, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are very strict for me, That's why I weigh in everyday. To make sure I stop the advance.

I'm going to try something different this week. the day before the fast, I'm going to implement, "Carnivore Day". I will eat as close to carnivore as I can get that day, less than 5 grams carbs. That way, my body will go into a full nutritional fast prior to the REAL fast. Should burn some real fat....

I already have it planned out. Jimmy Dean's Sausage Crumbles (my new food that I love. It is cooked sausage crumbles, I eat them cold, straight out of bag) and some 1g carb Johnsonville sausages, with flavored mayo dipping sauce. And it will be under 1200 calories that day. I noticed that the closer I go to carnivore, the better my hunger levels are. (I can handle one day of carnivore, but can't for much more than that.)

I'll keep everyone posted.

Dan

• azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Down 4.3 pounds and 2.5 inches this week. Very happy especially considering I am still on some meds from my spinal surgery and my exercise is only walking right now. Thank you Dan! The recipe works! It took my body a bit to adjust to it, but I wonder if that's the meds and the inflammation. I am going to do it again this week. Oh, I had a few lunch / dinner things that of course were on the fasting days and it wasn't a problem... I like this!

That's great! :) Inflammation will definitely get in the way of weight loss, but eventually when it does go away, you'll hear a whooshing sound!

But, now to more important things, I like your car. Is that a 71ish big block SS Chevelle? What motor and tranny? Did you build it?
    (I'm an old school gear head that loves muscle cars ~ especially Chevy's)

Dan

Thank you, Dan. It is in fact a 71 SS, its one of the few they did with a 350 / 350. I would have liked the bigger engine, but the 350 has had some nice work done to it and they are sure easy to work on. The price was right. It was a piece of junk when I bought it and hubby actually wanted to rid of it. It had high back Plymouth front seats in that were covered with gold shag stuff lol, when you hit the brakes the seats pitched forward and twisted to the right cuz the bolt pattern wasn't right . The carburetor was too big and would load up. Its now got original seats, new windows etc and magnolia street rods in CA (they do the cars for the sema show) painted it for me cheaper than anyone in AZ. She purrs like a big cat. I love the thing. She is not muscle, she does get up and go, but she is my road trip car :)

Hubby's car is much more impressive,. 1965 GTO, 389 tri power. Muncie 4 spd. The funny thing is, if we are side by side everyone thinks my Chevelle will leave him in the dust, but its because my exhaust sounds much better than his lol. Until he hits the switch under the dash and the headers open...

I LOVE the classic cars. we also have a 1939 Plymouth, a 1964 dodge custom 880 convertible. (I named her Thelma) , my beloved 1971 super beetle vert and I just picked up ( for free) a 1956 Pontiac Chieftain Catalina 870. Well, it cost me $200 in gas to have her transported here, so its almost free. I think I need a 12 step program :)

oh! when I said I had a few lunch / dinner things on the fasting days, I meant functions to attend, not food . I didn't eat.

Karyn

• azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    NV, I usually go up the first and second day after the fast. As much as 3 lbs. I try to arrest it on the next three days. The better I do on the next three days, determine how well the WHOOSH goes on the fast day. So for me, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are very strict for me, That's why I weigh in everyday. To make sure I stop the advance.

I'm going to try something different this week. the day before the fast, I'm going to implement, "Carnivore Day". I will eat as close to carnivore as I can get that day, less than 5 grams carbs. That way, my body will go into a full nutritional fast prior to the REAL fast. Should burn some real fat....

I already have it planned out. Jimmy Dean's Sausage Crumbles (my new food that I love. It is cooked sausage crumbles, I eat them cold, straight out of bag) and some 1g carb Johnsonville sausages, with flavored mayo dipping sauce. And it will be under 1200 calories that day. I noticed that the closer I go to carnivore, the better my hunger levels are. (I can handle one day of carnivore, but can't for much more than that.)

I'll keep everyone posted.

Dan

Dan, I had a carnivore day last week.. I was eating taco meat that I had cooked the night before, but I was so hungry I ate it cold out of the container. I will need to find the Jimmy Dean Crumbles. Yum

Karyn
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Well, my body didn't like eating again after last week's fast, even though I did not overeat afterwards. I'm sitting at the same weight as just before last week's fast, which saw a loss. So I started a day early this week and have fasted for 27 hours so far today. I need to get back down to last week's low weight. I'm very tempted to just continue with my fast and not break it at 36 hours, but shoot for 48 hours instead. This would be a first for me during my work week. It will all depend on how I feel in the morning.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.5 lbs on this week's fast. :)

Not too hard to fast (but possibly a mistake to watch "the great british bake off" on TV), but I feel really peculiar today. I can't characterise it, woke up feeling weird, a bit woozy, but thought it would go after eating, but not yet. I might eat some salt and see if that helps. Did struggle to sleep last night - was a bit hyper alert when I went to bed, but did get to sleep after a while and then woke up early.
  • britzen
    britzen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I completely blanked out and forgot what day it was and missed my fast day. I held true to no A.S. and was ultra low carb the past few days. Since this experiment started, I'm on a 19/5 IF eating schedule without trying.

Results are below in week.day (W.D).

2.4 (Last Water fast day) /0.0
    2.5/ 0.0
    2.6/-1
    2.7/0.0
    3.1/-0.8
    3.2/-1.4
    3.3/0.0
    3.4(missed WF day)/ 0.0
    3.5/-1.2

7 day loss total = -4.4lbs

I think that delayed whoosh is starting to hit earlier in the week. I'm not sure i will do another WF until I'm having issues with the results, but because of it, I have purged any artificial sweeteners, which is a major win!
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    That's a fantastic loss! Well done.
  • havingfunnow
    havingfunnow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Burned 12,250 calories (3.5 pounds) doing the Poseidon 100 Fat Burning Water Fast, 42 hours.

Failed 2 days for keto and gained weight this week. Happy with WF results. It worked great. Back on track with keto.

• britzen
    britzen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Havingfun!!!!!
  • DittoDan
    edited September 2015
    Options
    All of the above sounds great!

My results for this week:

Lost 3.1 lbs. I did a small twist, it didn't seem to make much difference. On the day before the fast, I did "Carnivore Wednesday". I think I only had 3 carbs for the day. It was kinda fun and different.

I pretty much did my recipe, except for the following:

On the morning of the fast, I woke up with "salt mouth" ~ a parched dry salty tasting that-wakes-me-up-at 5:ish AM. That is caused by me eating so much salt on my food. This is not a "keto" thing, I have had it for years. So, I did a "distilled water" fast. I went down to Kroger on my way into work and bought a gallon of distilled water for 97 cents. That made sure I "desalted" during the fast (normal tap water has minerals in it).

Secondly, I haven't done any exercise for 11 days. so that wasn't in the mix.

And the same thing happened that has now happened over a dozen times: I pee all night (on the 2nd night of the fast). Since I am single and have severe problems with insomnia, I don't like walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night. So, for years, I have been sitting up on the edge of the bed and I pee into a large pitcher. Then I am able to go back to sleep. Yea, so what it sounds gross, but I don't drink out of it. I dump it in the morning. Well, one thing I have noticed, is that on the second night of my fast, I almost fill up the pitcher. When that happens I know my body has rid the fat/water. So, this morning, I weighed the water and tared it, it was 4.3 pounds of water (if my memory serves me correctly).

So, on the succeeding three days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), (it happens every time) I gain back up to 3 lbs of what I lost. So, this last Monday morning, I was up 3 lbs. So, I now have Monday to Wednesday to get it off. I do this by staying within my calories and carbs. And I do, almost every week, by fast day, I am at level with the last week weigh-in. I am one happy camper if that happens, because the 4+ lbs of water will flush on the second night.

Then, I break the fast and guess what? on the next three days, I HARDLY pee those nights/morning. Like maybe a third of the whoosh night. Its like I can predict when I'm going to have weight loss or gain by the amount I pee!!!

So, whatever the dynamic is, you tell me...

But I don't really care, because IT HAPPENS SO CONSISTENTLY now. Here is my record after I got back from China:

I gained 5 lbs in China. Yes, I fasted there, but the food wasn't hardly tracked. I thought that ONLY 5 lbs was minimal damage for all the indiscretions and not weighing anything and not knowing what I ate and trying different foods that were never logged, but were carby.
    Sep 5th: The very first full week after China I lost ALL 5 lbs plus .3 pound more.
    Sep 18th: (I skipped a weigh-in when I was in Texas, BUT, I did a fast on every Thursday, no skips.) I lost 6.7 lbs! Divide by two, that's: 3.35 lbs lost each week.
    Sep 25th: Lost 3.1 lbs.

So, I lost a grand total of: 15.1 lbs in (4) weigh-ins or 3.8 lbs per week! People, I have found my recipe and loving it.

Looking further back, this was my track record. I think I fasted every week at that time too.
    May 4th: 237.0
    May 22nd: 232.1 4.9 lbs loss
    Jun 5th: 230.2 2.1 lbs loss
    Jun 12th: 227.5 2.7 lbs loss
    Jun 19th: 225.5 2.0 lbs loss
    Jun 20th: 223.5 2.0 lbs loss
    July 4th: 221.7 1.8 lbs loss
    July 18th: 220.8 0.9 lbs loss
    July 25th: 218.5 2.3 lbs loss
    July 31st: 214.0 4.5 lbs loss
    Aug 7th: 210.9 3.1 lbs loss
    China

Now you can see why I wanted to share this. :) Its working so well, I've lowered my goal weight, because my previous goal was 190, but I'm thinking I will still have this "gut". It would be cool to weigh 180 again like I was in my senior year of high school. I want to do that by Christmas. Today, I'm 200.8, so if I continue to lose 3lbs a week, that would take 7 weeks.

Its about 13-14ish weeks to the end of the year, so even if I don't lose 3 lbs a week, I should make it...

Lord willing, I hope my successive fasts give the same results.

Sorry for the long post...

Dan
  • DittoDan
    Options
    britzen wrote: »
    I completely blanked out and forgot what day it was and missed my fast day. I held true to no A.S. and was ultra low carb the past few days. Since this experiment started, I'm on a 19/5 IF eating schedule without trying.

Results are below in week.day (W.D).

2.4 (Last Water fast day) /0.0
    2.5/ 0.0
    2.6/-1
    2.7/0.0
    3.1/-0.8
    3.2/-1.4
    3.3/0.0
    3.4(missed WF day)/ 0.0
    3.5/-1.2

7 day loss total = -4.4lbs

I think that delayed whoosh is starting to hit earlier in the week. I'm not sure i will do another WF until I'm having issues with the results, but because of it, I have purged any artificial sweeteners, which is a major win!

That's great Britzen! I always like to see "movement" and not stalls. And there are a lot of knowlegeable people on LCD that are lo-carbing, but in stalls for weeks. I just yell at the computer screen, TRY WATER FASTING!, but alas, I assume they don't try things or their brain tells them it can't be done. I have this problem in other areas, especially about exercise of seeing long distances to walk....my brain wants to shut me down and say I can't do it.

I am so glad you are trying it and that I encourage you to keep trying different things...

Keep up the good work!!!

Dan
  • DittoDan
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Burned 12,250 calories (3.5 pounds) doing the Poseidon 100 Fat Burning Water Fast, 42 hours.

Failed 2 days for keto and gained weight this week. Happy with WF results. It worked great. Back on track with keto.

OMGosh H! That is way awesome! Darn you beat me! :(

Oh well, its a good thing! :)

Keep up the good work. I hope you can continue the experiment!

Dan
  • DittoDan
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I lost 1.5 lbs on this week's fast. :)

Not too hard to fast (but possibly a mistake to watch "the great british bake off" on TV), but I feel really peculiar today. I can't characterise it, woke up feeling weird, a bit woozy, but thought it would go after eating, but not yet. I might eat some salt and see if that helps. Did struggle to sleep last night - was a bit hyper alert when I went to bed, but did get to sleep after a while and then woke up early.

That's a respectable loss T.

I felt a little woozy this am too. I ate some salt and was ok. I think I "desalted" too much.

Keep trying different things until you find your combination to Keto and WF... :)

Dan
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Well, my body didn't like eating again after last week's fast, even though I did not overeat afterwards. I'm sitting at the same weight as just before last week's fast, which saw a loss. So I started a day early this week and have fasted for 27 hours so far today. I need to get back down to last week's low weight. I'm very tempted to just continue with my fast and not break it at 36 hours, but shoot for 48 hours instead. This would be a first for me during my work week. It will all depend on how I feel in the morning.

Please let us know what happened.

Thank you,

Dan
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    Hope you succeed in your goal @dittodan
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    well I feel like the proverbial lone voice howling in the wilderness...hello - anybody out there?! LOL

but anyway, fasted yesterday. up 1 lb, but I hadn't weighed before the fast so entirely possible that this is a result of an overeating day on Tuesday.
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've just found this group and last week I attempted my first fast. It went well. Today I will go again. I ate too many salted almonds yesterday due to stress at work and I couldn't stop myself so I gained this morning. Will have my coffee today then off to work with lots of wster.

Dan does distilled water help you lose more then regular water?
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I come here daily to see who is posting. I'm still loosing 10 lbs per month, 4 months since I began eating keto, so I'm holding off on water fasting for the time being.

Following folks journey with interest!