Cake, bread and all things evil

Options
13»

Replies

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @minties82, just read through this thread for the first time. Wanted to send you lots of love! You are a kind, witty, delightful person and have been an inspiration to me over and over again. Congratulations on the baby! I understand it's not what you were planning and makes for another big adjustment in family life. (I have 3 kids 6 years old and younger.)

Sometimes I wish I could redo my pregnancies on a low carb diet, thinking I would probably have suffered fewer symptoms and had easier deliveries. If there's anything I or we as a group can do to help support you, I'd love to know about it. Love and prayers your way!

• minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks very much everyone! :-0

Some ideas for things to nibble on would be REALLY cool. I feel like crap and all the foods look revolting. Sorry for a lame reply I'm just not ceryy awake.

So far the seaweed stuff you wrap around sushi tastea good but not the lowest of carb foods.
  • jacquelynkay
    jacquelynkay Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I must had a black-out day..... Sugar and bread???

I ate Hot Tamale candy, whoppers and biscuits. I guess I
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    20151002_161423.jpg
    Honestly, I hate my life right now. Looks like the pregnancy is exiting the building, bleeding and my test today is lighter. Not sure how I can cheer myself up enough to cope with pretending everything is all hunky dory, I hadn't told my partner yet. Was going to this weekend. Won't bother now. Sigh. Bring back the cake.

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh honey! I am so sorry. There are no words. Wish I could give you a big hug in real life right now.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry @Minties ! Did you already have your counselling session ? You likely need someone to talk to about this, either your partner or a friend. I have lost a pregnancy and know how hard that is to deal with. Please reach out to someone who is supportive. I don't think the cake will help, maybe a keto cake ?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    So sorry, @minties82. I lost a baby at 11 weeks preg. Even that small he/she was so beautiful to me. :disappointed: Most heartbreaking and devastating thing ever. The cake won't help. The pain will still be there after the cake is gone. I'm tearing up thinking about it right now even though it will be 5 years in Nov since I lost him/her. I wish I'd had a counselor during that time. Get some IRL support, hon. Hugs and P&PT to you during this sad time. :heart:

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry @minties82! Sharing your sadness with someone in your world is a good idea!

When I worked in the ER (1995-2000) the statistic was one out of five pregnancies are miscarried and the majority are for reasons that aren't ever known. I felt that was a very high number. I went through my only full term pregnancy while working there too. My co-workers were very kind to shield me from the later term miscarriages. Then, when my son was 10months old I got pregnant, it lasted long enough to get excited, then was just gone within a couple of weeks. I feel your pain and am sending a big hug your way!

The cake wouldn't taste good anyway! You know that! Hang in there! :smiley:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I think early miscarriage loss is difficult (not that any loss or any infertility issues are not), sometimes more difficult to figure out how to grieve it, because those who've never suffered it, or known anyone who did, can be very insensitive and simply not understand. How can you grieve what you never knew, what you barely know, what you weren't even sure how to feel about, all of that... Sending you the hugest of hugs. My own loss was at 5 weeks, 3 days. I got pregnant very soon thereafter with my daughter and carried to term, but never succeeded in conceiving again. I was utterly terrified and grieving and mixed up and hopeful and a total disaster. The whole concept of fertility and female hormones and pregnancy and loss and infertility is such a hotbed of mess making. It's honestly a wonder the majority of the female population isn't all locked up in a psych ward... (HUGS)