Like Minded Lushes - October 2015

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
edited October 2015 in Social Groups
Wow, October already. Mulled wines, pumpkin beer and Oktober fest. Cozy nights with some concoction in your hand. Dark mornings for exercise. It is definitely Fall !!

Last month was a relatively quiet month on the thread. I hope some of our friends come back and join us again.

Replies

• rjadams
    Options
    Went to the doctor yesterday and everything is good. I will get my blood work done and then we will see how things are. I had a bottle of white last night and I slept well.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Geez, forgot it was already October!!!!!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Definitely fall in the air here in the PacNW!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    It is a nice cold & semi-chilly morning today in Kansas! I LOVE Fall weather! :)

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 3 glasses of wine
    Thursday - 0
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Wow! October already.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - one glass of red
    Wednesday - a beer while getting my Big Green Egg (bday present!) fired up. A beer on the way downtown for free concert on the river. 2 beers at the concert - half of one got spilled. A small mimosa and 2 glasses of red at the neighbor's. I'm a little sluggish today. I'll call it a 6.
    Tonight some friends are coming over to watch football. I'll have some drinks; they drink, but not tons so I should be tame. Maybe grab a howler (my 32 ouncer) or a bottle of wine.

We have a mellow weekend. Kid birthday party Friday after work and not much planned for Saturday or Sunday. Maybe hit an art fair Saturday morning and there's a jazz fest at a park near our house Sunday.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking for a while but haven't posted - feel like I know all you guys though... :smiley: so HI!
    Can't believe it's October already....
    1 glass white wine last night.
    This weekend there will be alcohol - I'm hosting my granddaughter's (well, long story here - one year ago my daughter had a baby girl, but she wasn't ready to be a mom so she gave her up for adoption but it's an open adoption so we have continuous contact with the adoptive parents, who are fantastic, loving people & are awesome in allowing us to have a party for Mackenzie) 1st bday party- my ex-husband, my ex-mother in law and my ex-sister in law will all be coming to my house... :neutral: Not so sure about this plan....again - there will be wine consumed!!! :open_mouth:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    WOW, good luck with the party! And I think it is wonderful that you have a relationship with your granddaughter!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-2 old fashions, 1 manhattan and a small glass of wine
    Wednesday-10oz of chadonnay
    Thursday-3 manhattans...I LOVE BOURBON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Something tonight, just not sure what.

Aunt, cousin and 2nd cousin, from Texas, MAYBE be coming to the house tonight. They were supposed to go right to New Jersey but there is coastal flooding, not sure they will even be able to fly in with all this crappy weather.

Tomorrow, massage and lunch= beer and then more beer when we get home. Otherwise, not much going on this weekend!!

Happy Friday everyone!!! Enjoy!
  • rjadams
    Options
    bottle of wine again last night. Nothing tonight since I am getting my blood tests in the morning. Then we have to work on the planter and deck projects that should have been done months ago. We are so bad at finishing things. Once we can't work outside anymore we will get back to the bathroom project (you know, the one we burned up last year?) Have an awesome Friday all.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation and still catching up on all your posts. Briget so glad your pup is ok! Happy birthday Ashley! Robin your trip sound great...glad the Dr visit went well. Katie you're busy as ever! Hi Gary :)
    Amcanzo...so happy to see you post! And yeah I'm thinking you may need some wine but how fun you are involved in your granddaughter's life.
    Our trip was great. I'm staying away from the scale and need to dry out. Happy weekend lushes!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Wow! Look at all the posts- and its only the second of October!
    Up in Kirkland babysitting the grandson. Unfortunately our son and his wife are splitting up so there will be a period of adjustment while the child care gets sorted out. Our goal is to support them and help out when we can.

Welcome amcanzo- great bunch of folks here.
    And welcome back to you Sydney- You seem to always have great vacations!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Gary, sorry to hear about your son!

Sydney, your vacations make me jealous, especially when its 50 and raining here!!!

Just found out Aunt is not coming, so we may do something halloweeny tonight!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thu - 3 drinks
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Good to hear from everyone!

M - 0
    T - 1
    W - 6
    R - glass of wine after my meeting with my clients, cocktail 3 big glasses of wine at home = 5
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks Kate. The son and dil thing has been going on since June. It has been an emotional struggle for everyone. Time tends to heal those wounds tho'
  • rjadams
    Options
    It was a good weekend. I stayed dry Friday so my blood tests I had drawn on Saturday morning should be okay. Then I made Washington red apples and sipped on them the rest of the weekend. The weather was beautiful and I worked on the planter bed. I also had to build a retaining wall to keep Bodi out from under the deck. Every other barricade I have put up he has busted through. I don't think he can get thru the block wall. I gave my self a couple of blood blisters in the process so the cocktails help ease my pain. :wink: :tongue:

Glad the vacations were good.
    Sorry to hear of the troubles.
    And lushes are always welcomed back with open arms.

Have a great week.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    We had a great weekend. We were supposed to go to a haunted house friday but the weather was just too crappy and decided to reschedule it. So we had a few cocktails, a few beers and sat in the hot tub for a while
    Saturday, I had a great massage and a great lunch. Didn't do much when we got home....cocktails, laundry, hot tub, couch.
    Sunday, we went out to look for halloween costume stuff and not much else. 2 beers and 1/2 bottle of malbec.
    Think I'll go zero at least tonight and tomorrow.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Defintely need to dry out this week! 1/2 bottle red and 1/2 bottle white on Saturday. Party went very well and my grandbaby is adorable... :)
    2 vodkas on Sunday..........
    Back to the chaos that is my job right now... :p
    Happy Monday lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Ok back to a good routine starting today! The weekend was rainy here...which is much needed but made me lazy. It was movies, reading, football and wine.
    Have a good week lushes!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I actually had a really good weekend. Had 2 glasses of wine and 2 cocktails Friday. Saturday had 2 pints of beers and 2 glasses of wine. And I started drinking at 3.... Yesterday I had 3 beers while smoking ribs. I was never hungover therefor very productive! Went to an art fair, did yoga, watched sports, ran 3 miles with Langston, grocery shopped, read, cooked..... It was a fabulous weekend and I don't feel like crap today. May have a 0 tonight. May have a beer. I'll have to see what i feel like and how my calories end up.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 4 beers