Go To foods! (Quick easy ideas)

Options
13»

Replies

• kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    @ettaterrell MFP recipe importer puts the Stuffed Cube Steak (using approx 4 oz piece of meat) at 403 cal, 21 g fat, 7 g carb and 47 g protein. Eliminate onion, garlic & sundried tomato to lose some carbs if you want.

When I make it with chicken (dubbed chicken bombs at our house!) I slice partially frozen breasts into three thinner pieces. They are much smaller than the beef, so I have classified one serving as two pieces (half slice of bacon each) and I never add the extra stuff, just spinach sauteed in coconut oil and a splash of ACV. So for two chicken bombs, MFP says 318 cal, 13 g fat, 2 g carb and 45 g protein.

IMO the chicken requires the extra zing of the goat cheese. When using beef, I happily use goat or cream cheese. Don't notice much difference.
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of cheesy chicken. You will need a chicken breast, 1 slice of mozzerella cheese, then mix 1 T of mayo, 1T of sour cream, 1T of parmesian cheese and spread on top of the mozzerella slice. Bake in oven at 400 for about 30 minutes. Can definitely make a batch (will need to cook longer the more you have up to 1 hour).
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas!! Keep them coming!! I did make a batch up of tuna salad this week. (1can tuna, 1Tbs mayo, mustard and dill relish and 1 boiled egg) I had 1/2 of it last night dipping pork rinds in it lol. Very good! Quick snack or lunch low cal and carb (normal dip w celery but I needed something more)
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Costco pepperoni sticks.

I LOVE hard parmesan cheese sliced thin. Has a 'nutty' effect in my mouth that is very satisfying.

These two things also travel well, which keeps me from getting derailed when I'm out and about.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay @ettaterrell! Tuna with pork rinds! Yummy snack that's satisfying! Good for you dear!

Loving all these recipes too!
  • KurlyStarr
    KurlyStarr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like to precook a batch of seasoned ground beef (or put some beef in the slow cooker and shred when done) to make a real quick tex-mex bowl....topped with cheese, sour cream, jalapenos and/or picante.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    http://www.buttermakesyourpantsfalloff.com/bobs-high-fat-no-bean-chili/

Here is the recipe. I subbed 1 can of organic tomato sauce + 1 jalapeno pureed in the blender for the Rotel, skipped the onion and green bell peppers for a tablespoon of onion powder, and added a cup or riced cauliflower and 1 cup shredded zucchini.
    @KnitOrMiss, I know you don't do too spicy, so adjust jalapeno and chili powder to taste.

Oh, and I made it in the slow cooker on high for about 5 hours.

Did you brown the meat first, or just toss everything in there? I want to use the crockpot too, but not sure if I need to pre-cook the meat.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @sweetteadrinker2, I browned the meat, I don't think you need to, but for me it tastes and looks better browned.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My grab and go are sausages. May sound disgusting, but for me they're portable, I cook a bunch and keep them in the fridgte and just grab them when I'm hungry and walk around the house eating it as I go. I don't reheat most things either. Bacon as well just cold out of the fridge, or crumbled on my salad.

Pretty boring but it works for me. Hard to find lower carb or gluten free ones but they're out there.

I try to stay zero carb and as such I'm rarely hungry and I HATE cooking or even reheating. Don't know why, but as a result I only eat a "meal" about once a day. My "meal" is often what you say, lettuce with meat on it or if I'm really motivated, bacon and eggs.

I also will cube steak or pork, fry a big batch in left over bacon grease and eat that out of the fridge. It's also good to go to throw onto the salad if need be.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    OH and when I'm REALLY hungry and REALLY don't want to cook, I just load up my bullet proof coffee or tea with lots of fat and 2-3 eggs. Poof. Hunger gone, belly full, calories and energy up.

(yes indeed, I would be the first in line if they invented that pill you could take in the morning and you would never have to eat again)