October Goal 27 green days: 1
    Streak? 1
    Exercise today? No
    Exercise days this month so far: 0

Rest day today!
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    October goal- 21 days green. Need to give myself a little extra for long run prep and I've got a little mini beach trip planned next week too ;)
    I'm trying to work on being more conscious in my eating choices and a little less scale watchy.

10.1 Green today
    Total 1/21

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Streak: 1/10
    Goal: 1/25
    Exercise: Today I tried a HIIT workout. I was so afraid to try it, but I did much better than I thought I would. Yay me!!

@jenthibert Good for you for resting before your big race!
    @bbinoa Playing it smart is the right thing to do. I need to start working more on my eating choices too. I don't necessarily watch the scale either, but I do need to work on my food choices. I may make that a goal for this month.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Hi, friends. I had sick kids and a sick me the last half of September so logging food and consistent exercise went out the window. I did miss you guys, but sometimes real life wins.

October goals: 25 green days, 15 gym days, 1 10 day streak

October 1 - green, yes; gym, no
    1/25; 0/15; streak 1

• bbinoa
    Options
    Red red red!
    Total 1/21

Tomorrow was supposed to be my 17 mile run w the group, but it got postponed till Sunday morning about 10 minutes ago. I've been getting my carbs on all day (hence the red) for nothing! Will be repeating this tomorrow. I guess I should be well fueled! We're in the midst of some awful weather right now, a couple inches of rain coming down, high winds, 40s. Sunday should be much better.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins welcome back. I think September was a bit of a challenge for several of us. I know I was way off! Hope everyone is feeling better soon

@Laughter_Girl I've got new gear to try out! I bought a 'flip belt' the other day (won't be used to belt the poncho). Look it up online. I'm going to use it to consolidate some other things. It can hold phone, keys, gels etc. I'm excited to try it out.

@jenthibert race countdown time!!
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 2
    Streak? 2
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 1

Nice poke in the woods. A little over 2 miles. Almost stepped on a porcupine! Just a baby who stuck his head in a bush thinking we couldn't see him. I almost didn't. That might have made walking this marathon a little painful.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Yes...Chevy style
    Streak: 2/10
    Goal: 2/25
    Exercise: I was able to do a light 30 minute run this morning. I love when I get my workouts done early. It makes the rest of the day that much more enjoyable.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Sorry to hear that everyone was sick, but I'm glad you're back. As @bbinoa mentioned, Sept. was certainly rough for some of us - me included. We're all off to a good start for October though!
    @bbinoa I can't wait to get your review of the flip belt. I have seen it in the running store and looked at them online, but I didn't know if I would like it. I recently dug out an old fanny pack that I have been using while running. Since having my purse stolen, I am trying to come up with a suitable way for keeping my important belongings on me while running on race days. After your long run on Sunday, I trust that you will have ample feedback. Hope you enjoyed the food today and will enjoy another big food day tomorrow. You should be more than able to easily tackle that long run on Sunday. In the meantime, stay safe and dry.
    @jenthibert Stepping on a porcupine - YIKES!! Glad you saw it in time. Are you feeling ready for your marathon?
  • jenthibert
    Options
    @jenthibert Stepping on a porcupine - YIKES!! Glad you saw it in time. Are you feeling ready for your marathon?

I'm ready! I'm also ready to get back to normal exercise routines ☺

Thanks for asking and wish me luck tomorrow! Weather is going to cooperate thank goodness.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Red again blew
    Total 1/21

Not even enjoying these red days before long runs. I feel icky. @jenthibert I will be glad to get back to a regular routine too!! Will be thinking of you tomorrrow. Good luck to you and your marathoning friends! !

@Laughter_Girl I will deliver a full flip belt review! I like that I can tuck things into it and since it'll be around my waist and under my shirt it feels a little more secure.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Yes...Chevy style
    Streak: 3/10
    Goal: 3/25
    Exercise: It was a rest day today.

@jenthibert I know you will do well. I'm so very proud of you!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hello to each of you! B)

I am finally back. I had a good eating day yesterday with no cheats. <3 FINALLY
    So I am ready to begin

Goal = 25/31

Green = 2/31
    Red = 1
    Streak =1
    Streak goal = 10

I do not have time to catch up with each of you now, but hopefully will be back later this evening!! :)
  • jenthibert
    Options
    @jenthibert I know you will do well. I'm so very proud of you!

Thank you @Laughter_Girl! That really means a lot!
    Going to call it early today because there is absolutely no way today can't be green!

October Goal 27 green days: 4
    Streak? 4
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 3

Marathon today! Went well and I'm glad I did it. Time for a new goal!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Super green for me today too with a 17 mile run (nothing compared to @jenthibert! !)
    Total 2/21

Can't wait to hear what your new goal is @jenthibert. You are very motivational!

@Rebamae welcome back! You are off to a great start!

@Laughter_Girl I sent you a message w the full flip belt review, hope you got it.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Streak: 4/10
    Goal: 4/25
    Exercise: Just did a light run today. I'm just coasting along until I do my half marathon.

@Rebamae Glad you're back! October is going to be a great month for all of us.
    @jenthibert Congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself for completing a full marathon. That's fantastic! I can't wait to see what you challenge yourself with next.
    @bbinoa I received the email. ;) After running 17 miles, I would eat whatever I wanted. Ha, ha, ha, ha. There is no other motivator for me when running than food. Well, I guess I think about my health too, but mostly I just think about food. :D
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see that you are all doing so much better than me. I am just struggling to keep up with real life and all of my daily demands. My scale numbers have been creeping back up...so I will try to be here as I can, but I've got to center in and fuel my fire.

You are all a source of inspiration! With your nature hikes, your marathons, your daily runs / swims, ....you guys rock. I'm taking notes. :D
  • jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 5
    Streak? 5
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 4

Short, 30 minute walk just to loosen up some tight muscles. Felt good today though! Even wore heels to work ☺ I think it's early to bed though. Night all!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Chevy day, over by a smidge.
    3/21
    @jenthibert. .. heels? Really??? Now you're just rubbing it in! You totally rock! Seriously, how do your feet not hurt? I'm shuffling about in thick socks and birkenstock clogs after just 17 miles. I need your secret!

@R_Queenie glad you are still with us! Awareness is huge. You'll get it dialed back in. We'll be here for you! :wink:
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Nope
    Streak: 0/10
    Goal: 4/25
    Exercise: None today. I worked all day and half the evening too.

I'm headed to bed shortly. I'm tired. I'll be sure to get some exercise in tomorrow. I hope everyone had a good day!
    @R_Queenie Glad you're almost back! I've missed seeing you.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oct 2-5 - green, yes; gym, no.
    5/25
    Streak: 5

I have sinusitis, bronchitis and acute asthma exacerbation. Antibiotics and prednisone...I am going to try to stay green anyway.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    @bbinoa, my feet are bullet proof after doing a few Breast Cancer 3 Day walks and training for this, lol. Not much bothers my feet. Going down stairs yesterday hurt my knees and I was just tired through the day. Otherwise I felt good. We didn't push it as hard as I'd hoped we would so I had extra "in the tank" and I think that helped me yesterday.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, feel better and get lots of rest!