Banner Recommendations

Options

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Bacon ! Eggs, meat and a bit of cheese. My favorite thing is a burger topped with cheese, bacon and a fried egg. So happy, so yummy ! :)
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm in for Bacon!!
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It could just be a unique group logo instead of food.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    For my profile pic at one of my haunts, I used the toast with the bar sinister (formal name for the circle with the slash) which I found around somewhere online and added the text myself. (See below). Maybe someone could make an image along the same vein with a variety of carbs in the middle (a pile of sugar, bread, potatoes and etc.) and have the text the same? That way we don't have any many conflicts with whether or not our members use animal products? bxf4na5wy5r0.png

Suggested as a member, not a mod, so please feel free to chuck the idea entirely if it doesn't suit. :smile:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    For my profile pic at one of my haunts, I used the toast with the bar sinister (formal name for the circle with the slash) which I found around somewhere online and added the text myself. (See below). Maybe someone could make an image along the same vein with a variety of carbs in the middle (a pile of sugar, bread, potatoes and etc.) and have the text the same? That way we don't have any many conflicts with whether or not our members use animal products? bxf4na5wy5r0.png

Suggested as a member, not a mod, so please feel free to chuck the idea entirely if it doesn't suit. :smile:

I actually really like that idea. Show what is avoided on low carb rather than what is included. Because the avoided foods are pretty universal for all of us... It also really shows that this WOE doesn't have to be so limiting like so many people think it is. There are really just a small list of foods that are widely excluded. Further exclusions have to do with other concerns besides simply eating low carb.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    3q8b5a5il5za.jpg
    Just a suggestion...

Is this image public use? I searched it, but it doesn't appear to be freely available. It is titled C. Jane's pyramid. Who is that? Do we have a website or contact information for the creator? We don't want to use something we don't have permission to use.

Also, something to keep in mind -- anything in the image that is outside of the bounds of the banner will be cropped. That was the main problem with the old cat image, you couldn't see the bulk of the picture, so the joke was lost.

This means that the food pyramid ideas don't work unless they're scaled down and something else is added, because they're not wide landscape.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    3q8b5a5il5za.jpg
    Just a suggestion...

Is this image public use? I searched it, but it doesn't appear to be freely available. It is titled C. Jane's pyramid. Who is that? Do we have a website or contact information for the creator? We don't want to use something we don't have permission to use.

Also, something to keep in mind -- anything in the image that is outside of the bounds of the banner will be cropped. That was the main problem with the old cat image, you couldn't see the bulk of the picture, so the joke was lost.

This means that the food pyramid ideas don't work unless they're scaled down and something else is added, because they're not wide landscape.

If I created a new pyramid, I would put it onto a background so that it would be cropable.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion is to make the pyramid or whatever shape go sideways to stretch....
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Got some good chuckles out of this thread and am looking forward to seeing what the new banner will be!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Me too @ladipoet!

I'm playing like Switzerland on this one, neutral, but I like the ideas!

@Sunny_Bunny_, I appreciate your willingness, and ability, to help with this!

Btw: I never knew there was a cat in the old banner. Couldn't see it on the tablet.

And @Fit_Goat, I always liked your banner too!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    +1 for bacon...
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I saw a cool Tshirt online with a sugar skull and "Sugar Kills". Just a thought.
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    No bacon is my vote - processed meats are strongly linked to cancer.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    You can use a pic of the pretty eggs from my chickens
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    @AngInCanada Those are really pretty eggs!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Those are very pretty eggs.
    I am thinking the whole discussion about changing the banner originally stemmed from the fact that it features just meat, so I don't think changing it to bacon would make any difference.
    I think we have it down to 2 options at this point really.
    1.) have it feature a variety of staple foods commonly eaten by the majority of us either as a food pyramid of sorts or just displayed as to suggest what's most important.
    2.) have it feature the "NO" foods simplifying this WOE by representing what's not eaten, meaning everything else is an option. Basically.
    Either one will certainly not be a complete list.
    Or there was also the idea to create a logo...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Those are very pretty eggs.
    I am thinking the whole discussion about changing the banner originally stemmed from the fact that it features just meat, so I don't think changing it to bacon would make any difference.
    I think we have it down to 2 options at this point really.
    1.) have it feature a variety of staple foods commonly eaten by the majority of us either as a food pyramid of sorts or just displayed as to suggest what's most important.
    2.) have it feature the "NO" foods simplifying this WOE by representing what's not eaten, meaning everything else is an option. Basically.
    Either one will certainly not be a complete list.
    Or there was also the idea to create a logo...

What about a pro's and con's? Pro items on the left, like those gorgeous eggs, etc., and no-no's on the right? Give a better "all encompassing type idea...

And could work up a cheesy statement, from "Paleo to Keto, Atkins to LCHFMP, Vegan to Carnivore, across the 'Grand Canyon' of Low Carb plans, we cover them all..." Yeah, my pairings are pathetic, but it's early, and you get this gist...put the statement in the middle, because on the app, only the middle part shows up, right?
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I think the issue with not using food is that there is no certain lifestyle associated with low carb/ketogenic diet. It's easy with the Paleo lifestyle because Grok lifted heavy things, moved slowly lots throughout the day and hunted/gathered lots so with Paleo it's easy to get a one size fits all picture because it's a lifestyle. But with LC/Keto some exercise heavily, some exercise lightly, some don't exercise at all. Some believe cardio is the way it is. Some believe heavy lifting is where it's at. Some believe a little bit of each is ideal. Theres no one size fits all and that makes it hard. So if the banner is not food, what could we use that meets in the middle of everyone here?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I think there isn't going to be any one thing people can agree on without somebody saying "I don't eat that" or "I don't do that" so therefore it isn't a representation of all of us or a representation of the group. Therefore it doesn't really matter, since it won't represent everyone no matter what you choose. So keep the steak, or change it, you can't please everyone. I don't come here to see the banner pic and neither should anybody else.

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Btw: I was on my son's laptop earlier and see the same picture that I see while on the tablet. I figured the tablet cut it off, but believe I am wrong (at least where Kindle is concerned). So, I don't know why I never saw that darned cat, lol! I'm still Switzerland here! (I hope I don't offend any from Switzerland, just a saying!). Meaning, I don't care either way! :wink: