November Goals and 1-15 check in

Options
You know what to do. I'll start.
Goals: 25/30 green days - that gives me a day a week to blow it. I'd like to have two 10 day streaks as well.
15/30 exercise days (more than my lunch time walk)

Replies

• rdbasile
    rdbasile Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Goals: 25/30 Green days
    One red day on Thanksgiving, but not insanely red
    20/30 Exercise Days

Good luck everybody!
    We got this!
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    November Goals
    25 of 30 green days with 2 Streaks
    Exercise goal 25 of 30 days
  • lisa2219
    lisa2219 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Goals: 25/30 Green Days
    20/30 Exercise Days

I know tracking is the key to losing weight but struggle with doing it! I am hoping this will help keep me accountable.
  • rdbasile
    Options
    Goals: 25/30 Green days
    20/30 Exercise days

Today Green: yes
    1/30
    No extra exercising, just walking dog
  • jenthibert
    Options
    November 1, 2015
    Green today? Yes 1/30
    Streak: 1 day
    Exercise today? Yes 1/30

Hill workout today. Ran up and down the same hill 7 times, lol. Good thing it's tucked away so people didn't wonder what the heck I was up to. Total of 5 miles with an average pace of 10.53.
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I guess I'll go for 23 green days this month. Sure, why not?!

Goal.is to finish the %÷×+& marathon next Sunday, lol!!! I' ve been sick the last few days, kid you not. Like I need one more thing! I did manage an easy 5 miles.today, with no major pain.

My other goal.is balance. Although I know to a point I need to track, I've made myself a little crazy with it so I'm trying to focus on goals.like goals like stopping when I'm full, moving more, etc.

Today was green
    1/23
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    11-1
    Green: Yes
    Goal: 1/25
    Exercise: Yes
    Exercise Goal: 1/24

Looking forward to a wonderful month!!

@bbinoa I hope you feel better soon. You'll do well on that marathon next week.
    @jenthibert Great work running up those hills!!!
    @lisa2219 You can definitely do the tracking! Once you put your mind to it, I'm pretty certain there's nothing you can't do. Welcome!!
    @rdbasile Welcome to the group!! Also, walking the dog counts as exercise to me. If I had a dog, I would take full advantage of those extra calories I could earn. :D
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    11/1
    Green - yes 1/25
    Exercise - no 0/15o

@bbinoa feel better soon
    @lisa2219 Welcome! I have found that just knowing I will be reporting here keeps me on track.
    @rdbasile if I also walk my dog, then that counts as my extra exercise. I pretty much refuse to miss my lunch time stress walk, so I count it as part of my basic lifestyle.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    11-2
    Green: Yes
    Goal: 2/25
    Exercise: Yes
    Exercise Goal: 2/24

I hope everyone is doing well.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    11/2
    Green - yes - 2/25
    Exercise -no - 0/15
    Streak: 2 days

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Agree with MP:
    "Goals: 25/30 green days - that gives me a day a week to blow it. I'd like to have two 10 day streaks as well.
    15/30 exercise days"
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    11/ 1 & 2
    Red & Green - yes - 1/25
    Exercise -no - 1/15
    Streak: 1 days
  • rdbasile
    Options
    11/2
    Green - yes
    2/25
    Exercise - no 0/20

@Laughter_Girl thanks for the welcome
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Good point, I think I will keep my nightly walks to my lifestyle and extra walks as a workout

Good luck everyone!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    Anybody use a fitbit? I do because I got it thru work and we can earn money, lol. I do love it though. Just recently started the challenges.

I never add my workouts in, just sync the steps with mfp, which is why I add exercise as a status . What do others do?
  • jenthibert
    Options
    November 3, 2015
    Green today? Yes 3/25
    Streak: 3 day
    Exercise today? Yes 2/25

Treadmill. 35 minutes altogether: 5 minute jog for warm up and cool down. The rest was 20 seconds fast, 20 seconds faster, 20 seconds fastest then a minute at a slow jog. Kind of fun actually!
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    11/3,
    2/23

I've been tracking less, but it seems to be working ok so far. Weighed in and no changes.

I'm feeling better! Home today with a sick kid though. I guess it's making its rounds. Feeling pretty good and marathon ready though!! Woot! Let's get this done!!

@jenthibert I have a misfit flash. Don't love it, but it's fun to see the steps
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    11/ 3
    Green - yes - 2/25
    Exercise - - 2/15
    Streak: 2 days
  • jenthibert
    Options
    November 4, 2015
    Green today? Yes 4/25
    Terrible munchies lately. I think it's the time change and the fact that it's dark so early now.
    Streak: 4 day

Exercise today? Yes 3/25
    30 minute treadmill run then some sprints up my stairs. It was supposed to be a hill, 10 second sprints, after the run, but it was dark when I got home so stairs it was. My family thinks I've lost it. Lol
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    11/3 & 4
    Green - yes 4/25 Streak: 4
    Exercise - yes both days - 2/25

@jenthibert - my family often thinks I am losing it. I don't use a fitbit, but am seriously considering getting a Microsoft Band, which is similar, but my IT geek husband thinks is the better tracker. I am sure he has reasons. I am also sure I couldn't tell you what they are.

As of today, I am on mandatory overtime for at least two weeks, probably through November. I am feeling quite unkindly toward my boss because I feel like she uses me as a draft horse to pull her wagons out of ditches and never disciplines the people who crashed into the ditch. I don't mind working hard; I do mind being taken off my own work for a month because I am going to have to get it out of the ditch when I get back to it.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    11-3 & 11-4
    Green: Yes & Yes
    Goal: 4/25
    Exercise: No & Yes
    Exercise Goal: 3/24

Today I made an apple pie for the first time, and it was quite tasty. My husband, who according to him, can't eat raw apples as a snack because they "upset his stomach", conveniently ate the first slice with ease (apples included), and he had the nerve to ask for another slice (I shot that idea down quickly.). This of course is after he told me he was too full to finish the salad he had for dinner because of all those beans I put in it. Ha, ha, ha, ha. Yeah, right!

I have to thank hubby for the apples though. Two days after buying me all those donuts (You remember those dozen donuts I was blessed with???) from the cider mill, he went to the apple orchard to get me some apples. Bless his heart. I probably received a little over two dozen apples. :) I've been eating two apples a day some days, and I finally got the bright idea to make an apple pie. I still have plenty of apples left. It's a good thing an apple a day keeps the doctor away. :)

@jenthibert I do not have a Fitbit. The only tracking devise I use is my Polar HRM. I love that thing!
    @bbinoa I hope your sick kid is better today. Also, you'll be ready for that marathon. I'm so excited for you. I plan to do a marathon in 2017 if I'm able. I've already been looking around for a destination marathon. Honolulu has one in December that looks awesome. I casually mentioned it to my husband, and he liked the location. Neither of us have been before. It could be a 2nd honeymoon and my first marathon all wrapped up in one. Winning!
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Sorry about the mandatory overtime. My prayer for you is that the time passes quickly and you are not too far behind on your work when you return to your duties. You are obviously reliable, quite valuable, committed, and very capable of doing the job exceptionally well if she's coming to you to get some others out of a pickle. Accept the compliment/challenge, and show them what you're made of! Also, document these types of requests/demands. You can use them as evidence of your hard work when it's time for your review. :) Wishing you the best.