How do you reward yourself?

Options
As I edge towards 40 lbs loss (end goal is 75) I'm thinking about what I'm going to reward myself with...obviously food is out of the question! At 30 I bought some new clothes. For 40, I'm thinking I might finally splurge on a streaming TV solution (Apple TV or Roku).

How do you celebrate milestone weight losses? Do you have a big reward planned for the "the end"?

Replies

• ndvoice
    ndvoice Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I find that every 20 pounds or so I need new jeans, so that's my treat. I have another 100 to go and hope to reach it by next November when I turn 40. I think that deserves a cruise to somewhere tropical, if finances allow. :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Clothing has been a big reward for me. Did the pedicure once also.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Clothing, massage, trips to beauty salon, tickets to places/events. I don't have tons of money to spend, so it feels extra special, and is a good way to budget.
  • fireball1970
    fireball1970 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Get yourself something to stay motivated also helps. Like new work out shoes, food scale, new exercise program or sports bra.
  • robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't reward myself with anything . I'm happy enough with my ongoing change. I'm asking for gift cards to clothing places for Christmas, though, for sure.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My strategy is to reward myself for behavior that leads to achieving goals, not for the achievement of the goal. I like a lot of small rewards, sometimes every day, for things like staying under my calorie goal or meeting my exercise minutes goal, and I reward myself with internet time, music downloads, Kindle books, small items of clothing, and makeup.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I love buying new clothing in smaller sizes. It's also great being able to fit into the old stuff. I've got a pretty wide range of clothes in various sizes. LOL
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I used to have the mindset that I needed a "reward" for "being good" but then I finally realised I'm not 6yo and I don't need to bribe myself for simply not eating like a pig and showing a little self control. The other side of this is that I no longer feel the need to "punish" myself for "being bad". I am an adult and I own my actions.

This might sound harsh and offensive to some, and I am in no way having a go at any of you for whom the self-reward system works, it's just what I've found works for me. That's not to say I don't occasionally "treat" myself to a night out, or a manicure or something but it is not tied to how many kg I've lost or whether I've managed to stick to my macros.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I used to have the mindset that I needed a "reward" for "being good" but then I finally realised I'm not 6yo and I don't need to bribe myself for simply not eating like a pig and showing a little self control. The other side of this is that I no longer feel the need to "punish" myself for "being bad". I am an adult and I own my actions.

Haha! I never punish myself, only positive reinforcement for my training regimen.

• vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I totally get what @EbonyDahlia is saying but I do like rewards. Yes my health is my ultimate reward but sometimes when you have little motivation it helps working towards. I give myself a smile when I see the new bra I bought as a reward. To most it may not be, but being a mom of 7, I sometimes put my needs last. So these are my remaining rewards: 155lbs = hot date with hubby (reservations for this Saturday) 150 lbs = new workout DVD (looking for Pilates) 145 lbs. = 2 new jeans (one will be white skinny jeans) 140 lbs. = $20 to spend on Amazon, 135 lbs. New running shoes. :-)
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    A BIG steak!
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I set a 75 lb loss reward before even starting - a new PAX wardrobe (It's like a big customizable armoire for those who don't know it, but it's IKEA). We don't have a huge closet and my clothing currently ranges from size 9-22 (I'm in an 18) so I have a LOT of clothes in storage. So excited to get to the point where I'm in ONE size and have great storage!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I take my friends out to eat a good steak, I pay for it.

Not just any friends, these are my close friends that I used to "cry-on-their-shoulder-about-being-fat-and-not-knowing-how-to-lose-weight" friends. Now that I have a tool that works (Ketogenic), I celebrate the victory with them. That doesn't sound like much of a reward for myself, but it is.

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Current weight: 194.9, 119 pounds down, 16 to go. 14 months on diet
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I gave myself weight goals and hubby attached a special thing when I hit it...

175 - spa day (just hit this one)
    150 - bikini with attached vacation
    125 - Louboutins
    115 - silk (expensive silk so I can make myself a dress and coat)
    106 - pearls

At some point, I may say, "I'm at my goal weight" before I get to 106. At that point, I'll get the rest of my rewards. I haven't been 106 in decades, so that may not be a reasonable gw, despite what my doctors think. Even if it's not reasonable, I'm damn sure gonna work towards it.
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @ki4eld - I can see you tripping up the runway on your Louboutins, in your expensive silk dress, coat, and pearls, on your way to an expensive, bikini-wearing vacation :smiley:
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For my 50 pound loss, I'm celebrating on Saturday with a 90 minute massage. Heavenly!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    It's been fun so far. We'll see how far I get and how quickly. At this point, if I can lose another 50 by my birthday next August, I'll call it a 100% success. I'll let the remaining 19lbs sort itself out. That remaining 19lbs might be skin, but losing 130 will do that.
  • Hammie18
    Hammie18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I buy new makeup! Or treat myself to the salon.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    new tattoo next week, that's how!

the end will be surgery.