No-Gain November Week 1 Check-In (11/2-11/8)

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    November Goals:

1. Review basics and get back to following more carefully
    2. 10,000 steps per day (work days); 5,000 steps per day (weekend)
    3. Keep at around 40 net carbs per day
    4. Log Food Daily
    5. Additional exercise at least 3 times a week (yoga, weight lifting, biking)

11/01 - didn't get my steps or track my food so I'm going to say nil for the day just to be honest :)
    11/02 - Also didn't track my food (was so busy all day long) but I did get in my 10,000 steps and did some yoga!
    11/03 - Great day. I got in my steps, did some weight lifting, tracked my food and was under 40 net grams of crabs.
    11/04 - Another great day - got my steps in, did yoga, tracked my food and under 40 net carbs.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Weight back to 152 today...down 1.8 from yesterday. My body is so goofy.

Wed, 11/4:

Water: 80/80oz check.jpg
    Electrolytes Good: check.jpg
    Logged Food: check.jpg
    Exercise as Planned?: bodyweight stuff :dizzy: and 20 min shooting hoops check.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 21/30g net check.jpg
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yup! check.jpg
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes! check.jpg
    7/7

November Drumsticks of Meatiness Collected!
    holiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.pngholiday-drumstick.png

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    So many peoples!! :+1:

• stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I did really well in October, so I am all in for November. That being said, I had a rough weekend, I gave into the dreaded Bright Orange Candy Bucket -- Like really gave in, yesterday I was paying for it, but so far I feel so much better today.

SW:144.2
    GW: 140.2

Wednesday 11/4

Water: 56/80oz
    Logged Food: √
    Exercise:
    Carbs: √
    Calorie Limit: √
    Planned Day Ahead: √
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wed, Nov 4.
    Mixed results. I logged and stayed within my food plan and macros. That's good.
    I didn't exercise enough - That's bad.
    I didn't drink enough water - that's really bad.

I'll work on it although I don't see exercise improving til the weekend. I'm having company tonight. It's an indoor football tailgate. I made regular lasagne for everyone else and lasagne for me using zucchini instead of pasta. Life is good.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    Ok, November goals:

1. Under 30 total carbs daily
    2. Run 3+ times a week, with at least two interval runs
    3. Pre-planned meals with restaurant food only twice a week
    4. Restrict my shopping to 1X week large shopping trip and 2 small trips through the week

Lets do this!

Checking in mid-week:
    1. So far so good. Been in the teens most of the days.
    2. Ran some interval laps before my workout yesterday, light jog this morning and another 3-5 miles tonight.
    3. No restaurant food this week yet. Planning a stop by Starbucks for tea after the run tonight. Since it's a work weekend, I am expecting Saturday and Sunday lunches to be restaurant food.
    4. The Man dragged me to the supermarket for pork chops yesterday. That's one small trip. Hoping to save the rest of the shopping for either Sunday or Saturday evening, but may need to make a trip to TJMaxx later this week.

I think I need to add another point to the list. My protein consumption numbers have been out of whack. I need to figure out where they should be at, with all the lifting and running, and monitor them closely. Right now I am constantly going over the numbers, but I feel they may be too low for my level of activity.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    :neutral: woke with slight leg cramps this morning. I missed yesterday mornings dose of salt tablets I've been taking three times a day. One dose missed and they began to show up, lesson learned (hopefully).

I did choose to go over my carbs yesterday (went up to 30) while entertaining friends with some wonderful LCHF food!
    My calories remained within my goal.

All's good here! Despite the cramps!!
  • LaurenBraddy
    LaurenBraddy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    SW: 145 (I think, we moved and I haven't yet unpacked my scale)
    GW: 138 (For November, then still 10 to go)

Today: 145.2

1. Log Daily (Yes!)
    2. Stay under 15 g carbs 5 days a week (n/a)
    3. Stay under 50 g carbs 2 days a week (Used one of my high carb days in honor of my birthday yesterday!)
    4. Get my carbs from veggies, not booze (Well, I had veggies, and booze...so I guess it's a wash)
    5. Get 6000 steps a day 5 days a week (The end of daylight savings has killed my steps. I only got 4.2k yesterday)
    6. Get 12000 steps a day 2 days a week (not yet)
    7. Drink more water (Yes!)
    8. Cook low carb and family friendly meals at least 5 days a week. (Yes! My husband made me a low carb feast yesterday! And then I went to marble slab and got ice cream...but hey, it was a planned indulgence!)
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Nov 4
    1 Pre-plan meals on MFP (yes)
    2. Stay within calorie goal (failed; over by 500 calories; pecans - you suck!! Discipline=habit)
    3. Work out per plan (yes)
    4. Journal (yes)
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    I'll play along for November. I'm still fairly new to this WOE (this time around at least) and I feel I need to hold myself accountable and hopefully by posting my goals I can do that:

I'm starting today 11/2/15

1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill 10,176
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) 24
    3. Stay under 1300 calories 1393
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 207.8 will weigh when i wake up
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth Yes
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food Yes-made salads for next 3 days

I plan to check in daily.

GOOD LUCK to everyone participating. :)

see results above

11/3/2015
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill 12035
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) 13
    3. Stay under 1300 calories 1271
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 207.8
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth yes
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food yes

11/4/2015
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill - yes 10070
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) - Yes, probably, not sure-see #3
    3. Stay under 1300 calories - Not sure, ate out last night and have no idea how many calories were in the 17 battered/deep fried shrimp I ate.
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 207.8 206.4
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth - nope because I didn't know how much to log for last night
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food - Yes - eating #3 salad I made Monday night.
    7. Continue C25K-completed day 1/week 1 tonight. - Did not last night but plan to tonight.

11/5/2015
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net)
    3. Stay under 1300 calories without eating back FitBit adjusted exercise calories
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 206.4 (-1.4)
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food
    7. Continue C25K
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    11/4 summary -

Logged Food: :)
    Exercise as Planned?: No and No - Seems to be a pattern now.
    At or Under Carb Level: 19/20g net :)
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Under.
    Planned Day Ahead: Chicken is waiting for Dinner, Lunch is in the bag:)

Skipped Zumba, Just too tired afterwork. Once I get home, that's the end of it.
    Eating was under control yesterday. Tummy ache this morning after breakfast - 2 eggs 2 bacon. Not sure why having breakfast isn't agreeing with me anymore..
  • MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    November goals:

1) 50 grams of carb or below
    2) Exercise 3x / week
    3) No sugar or sugar substitutes
    4) Log food daily
    5) Check in here on Mondays.

Current Weight 255

Making some adjustments:

1) 100 grams of carb total. Up from 50.
    Reason: I am doing a microbiome experiment that will include some prebiotics and resistant starch along with probiotic foods and a supplement. A few things I have been reading lately lead me to this plan, "Brain Maker" and "The 4 Hour Body"

2), 3) & 4) The same

5) Check in at least 1x/week on Mondays.

11/1 Still bingeing

11/2 Still Bingeing

11/3 34 grams carb
    Exercise, no
    Sugar, no
    Log, yes
    Wt 255

11/4 76 grams carb
    No exercise
    No sugar
    Wt. 249.9

• CarrieDarling108
    CarrieDarling108 Posts: 14 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    My goals are
    1) stay under carb and calorie level
    2) megifor the next day
    3) get exercise in that isn't walking
    4) log food and exercise
    5) get in adequate water
    6) stick to my plan of having two meals that don't count over the holidays. (within reason)
    7) lose weight
    8) check back in regularly
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Nov. 5

1.Pre-planned meals: (yes)
    2. Stay within calorie goal: (No; not today.. not too late however as I will track total weekly calories)
    3. Follow workout plan: (yes)
    4. Journal (yes)
    Starting tomorrow, I will add mindful eating.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread today. Count me in!

1. No sugar alcohol candies or chicken tenders, my new cheat foods.
    2. Convict Conditioning calisthenics every other day.
    3. Get down to 174.6 by Thanksgiving, which will put me at an even 50 lbs lost since April 15
    4. Back to the basics- bouillon broth every morning, take my magnesium, avoid wheat, and stay under 30 carbs a day

So far so good. Down to 180.8 this am, so only 6.2 lbs left. Tried making my own chicken to throw on my salad, and loved it. Definitely a new staple, and without the carb count of my old favorite. Boullion broth for breakfast, convict conditioning done for the day, carbs under 20, and no grains. Now I just need to take my magnesium and I'm all set.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'll play along for November. I'm still fairly new to this WOE (this time around at least) and I feel I need to hold myself accountable and hopefully by posting my goals I can do that:

I'm starting today 11/2/15

1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill 10,176
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) 24
    3. Stay under 1300 calories 1393
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 207.8 will weigh when i wake up
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth Yes
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food Yes-made salads for next 3 days

I plan to check in daily.

GOOD LUCK to everyone participating. :)

see results above

11/3/2015
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill 12035
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) 13
    3. Stay under 1300 calories 1271
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 207.8

11/4/2015
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill - yes 10070
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) - Yes, probably, not sure-see #3
    3. Stay under 1300 calories - Not sure, ate out last night and have no idea how many calories were in the 17 battered/deep fried shrimp I ate.
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 207.8 206.4
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth - nope because I didn't know how much to log for last night
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food - Yes - eating #3 salad I made Monday night.
    7. Continue C25K-completed day 1/week 1 tonight. - Did not last night but plan to tonight.

11/5/2015
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) 14
    3. Stay under 1300 calories without eating back FitBit adjusted exercise calories 1148
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 206.4 (-1.4)
    7. Continue C25K yes completed week 1/day 2

11/6/15
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net)
    3. Stay under 1300 calories without eating back FitBit adjusted exercise calories
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food
    7. Continue C25K
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Not gaining is a great goal. I'll be looking up a lot of Keto friendly meals. Most of my family eat carbs but I'd like to get them on the right track as well.
    My main focus is going to be to stay under 100g carbs and drink 100 oz of water.
    SW 248.8
    CW 248.4
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    November Goals:

1. Review basics and get back to following more carefully
    2. 10,000 steps per day (work days); 5,000 steps per day (weekend)
    3. Keep at around 40 net carbs per day
    4. Log Food Daily
    5. Additional exercise at least 3 times a week (yoga, weight lifting, biking)

11/01 - didn't get my steps or track my food so I'm going to say nil for the day just to be honest :)
    11/02 - Also didn't track my food (was so busy all day long) but I did get in my 10,000 steps and did some yoga!
    11/03 - Great day. I got in my steps, did some weight lifting, tracked my food and was under 40 net grams of crabs.
    11/04 - Another great day - got my steps in, did yoga, tracked my food and under 40 net carbs.
    11/05 - a repeat of yesterday!! :)
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    11/5 summary -

Logged Food: :)
    Exercise as Planned?: No and No and No. This weekend for sure! No excuses but it's been a hectic week.
    At or Under Carb Level: 30/20g net :)
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Under.
    Planned Day Ahead: Not really today. I'm out of food at home. Grabbed a can of tuna, probably get a salad in the cafe. I need to hit the grocery store tonight.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    Ok, November goals:

1. Under 30 total carbs daily
    2. Run 3+ times a week, with at least two interval runs
    3. Pre-planned meals with restaurant food only twice a week
    4. Restrict my shopping to 1X week large shopping trip and 2 small trips through the week

Lets do this!

Okay, this week in a nutshell:

1. Stayed very low carb, under 20 total.
    2. Didn't get my run in yesterday evening, but did intervals Wednesday evening, ran Thursday morning and will do intervals tonight before the strength workout. Will most likely be running Saturday.
    3. No restaurant food. Need to cook tonight, but so short on time, so I may end up with an extra trip to a restaurant with the Man.
    4. So far, so good. Planning my big trip to Costco on Sunday after work for the big things, meat, cheese, eggs, fats.

So far, I am hitting my goals. One area these challenges are helping me with is to identify my deficiencies. So far, I think my biggest ones are all the extra shopping, which is what I am dealing with now, and measuring my food more exactly, which I think will be the next month's challenge.