Options
    Changing my goals for this week -

1) Walk 20 min, 3 times this week on the treadmill
    2) Reach 7k steps on my fitbit 5 days.
    3) no alcohol...damn that hurt to type.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    New challenge is posted and members list updated. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10263846/weekly-attacks#Item_7
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Team Daryl/Carol

1) what keeps me going has been constantly setting different goals. My first goal was to just run a mile without stopping... Then to run a 5K, then to do a squat challenge, then run 10miles, then to run a 10min mile. Now my goal for next summer is to run a half marathon. I never want to stop just because I hit a goal. I what there to be a constant need to improve, to push myself.
    2) I also try to stick with a primarily paleo/keto/clean eating lifestyle.
    9jz09w1ru6r5.jpeg
    zr7nrq32ietp.jpeg
    8py1clam1q03.jpeg
    u3hhd3d93ktp.jpeg
    This is usually what I eat on any given day.
    Deviled eggs made with avocado
    Summer sausage, goat cheese, hummus and almonds
    Capris salad with turkey meatballs
    Tomatoes topped with avocado and an over easy egg.
    I'm also really big into meal prep.... Here is an example of what I did for last week:
    jt5f8bix0gxm.jpeg
    These are for breakfast and lunches. Salmon, chicken or an egg. The H and R are for hard boiled or raw. These have helped me from making bad choices and over eating. A real life saver if you ask me.
    3) I've also taken a liking to boxing/kickboxing. I've recent purchased my own heavy bag and this is one of my favorite workouts I do with it.
    https://youtu.be/yMQZLqA0zBQ

Not sure if I did this right but those are all the things that keep me going! :)
  • rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    Options
    @tat2cookie love the food you make and prep! You're so organized, I wish I could do the same. I'll probably copy your menu, lol. Thanks for the ideas!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Yes, can you make my food for me?

It's hard at times to stay motivated. I know sometimes it's hard to keep a routine going because it can get boring. These challenges help me, fitnessblender and knowing I don't want to go backwards. Stress creeps in and it's hard to balance life. This time around I'm not actually pushing myself to the limit. I'm just doing exercise that I like and keeps me moving.

• usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Next week goals

1) No cups of coffee after noon (have too it's effecting my sleep too much)
    2) No Alcohol at all and drink 8 glasses of water a day
    3) workout 6 days, using form roller on running days

The no coffee after lunch was easier than I though it was going to be, I did have one or two cups of tea but drank the 8 glasses water also.. I actually halved my calorie intake on coffees this week :)

still no alcohol drunk and I worked out 6 days, form roll done

MY goals are staying the same for next week
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,165 Member
    Options
    Part 1) What drives me is wanting to be healthy and active for a longer life. What keeps me going and motivates me is the fear that if something were to ever happen to me who would take care of my animals?! :/
    I started u journey at 339.9 on March 3rd. As of yesterday I am down to 233.2. I made massive use of Leslie Sansone walk videos in the beginning. I love the variety of Darebee workouts offered as well. I've also done T25 and 21 Day Fix videos. It's not that I need them as much as it gives you three months to not have to think about what you're going to do. My goal to be more active has been a complete success. I add something to everything nowadays. Just sat on my sofa for the first time in two weeks about two days ago. I did crunches in the car while driving from Vegas to Tucson last night. I add stretch exercises to various activities throughout the week and have been averaging 20,000 steps a day lately. I think the most important thing is to stay active. Add an exercise, even a short one, to ever activity you do. Even if it's watching tv. Do something strenuous or heart rate unceasing during the commercials. Just don't remain sedentary. Much luck my MFP Friends!
    P.s. Besides, if you don't keep moving you'll get bit. ;)
    P.s.s. For food I eat clean. On the rare occasion I slide a little (and without dancing and walking for hours on end) I do a three day cleanse. Basically eating Super Clean cutting out carbs and sugar. Works like a charm! ;)

2) for the apprenticeship I went with prepping my meals for this trip. I got the supplies for most of my meals for a few days. They're not in individual packages because it was easier to pack in the car in bulk but I have several ready to go. Wish me luck to not put in too much from the other outings going on while I'm here. I don't want to look like a zombie buffet when I return home. ;)
  • NezyRumRunner
    NezyRumRunner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Modifying my goals for next week now that my bruised rib is feeling better and I dont have races for 1 month.
    GOALS:
    1-Maintain at Calorie Target
    2-Workout Min 3x/wk
    3-Reduce sugar intake
    *4-Apprentice- check out more of the resources/strategies provided by last weeks apprenticeship! (I really liked the focus of this person!)
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Goals for Nov 8-14

1) Run 40 miles + Sprinter (3xs) & 2- 30 day challenge workouts (daily)
    2) Work on hair style for Wedding.
    3) Write devotion before Thursday!

I am trusting non health related goals are acceptable :wink:
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys! Didn't get all my steps in and I had alcohol yesterday. I'm off to the zombies I think. Hopefully I do better this week!
  • wpwarrior88
    Options
    bummer @tj1376, you will be missed!
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    Goals for this week:
    1) Get 100g of protein everyday
    2) hit 10,000 steps
    3) get to bed by 9:30pm
  • Shepmom24
    Shepmom24 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    1) At least 64 oz of h2o
    2) At least 60g of protein
    3) Get at least 6 hours of sleep a day
    I'm sick and this week is going to be rough.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Due to hurting my back while doing burpees. I wasn't able to work at all week. I was able to take a walk and find lobster mushrooms!!! Yum!
  • wpwarrior88
    Options
    EPIC week!!! Ran the adventure of a lifetime with a solo 26.2 run that included a hour and a half decent and climb out of a boulder pit!! RRRRRAAAWWWRRRRRR
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    k3b5t3w4t40f.jpeg
  • wpwarrior88
    Options
    Goals week 11/14 -11/21

1) Getting my workouts in and not letting work be the top priority.
    2) While eating at maintenance this week get the cal from good and healthy foods.
    3) Start each morning with hot water and lemon!
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    Goals:
    1) no drinking
    2) get at least 100g of protein
    3) get in bed by 9:30pm