How is everybody doing?!

Options
2»

Replies

• ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    aracox wrote: »
    well...I am doing pretty well, but trying not to be bummed about losing zero weight this week. So far, i've lost 5 pounds exactly since 16 October, but the scale did not budge at all this week despite my doing week 3 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I guess the Halloween candy really did count! I am trying to celebrate my non scale goals: namely, my nutritionist said today that i lost almost a pound of fat this week, but my water levels are back up to a good level (not great last week) so that's why the scale didn't budge. Even more exciting, though, is I can do a military style push up now (two, actually) AND I ran a whole mile this week without stopping!!! My fitness level is definitely improving...so why is it that we're so programmed to feel disappointed by a number on the scale?!?

Don't ever feel disappointed! Progress is progress and is not determined by a number! I GAINED a few pounds last week but shoot, I had also made it through an entire set of mountain climbers AND burpees and I was still excited. In no way did I let it drag me down. Be proud of every accomplishment you make! Those NSV's are what will really keep you pushing. Great job!
  • erebar
    erebar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Monday and Tuesday were good with exercise and eating. Wed started good but didn't end well with some bad eating and going way over my calorie limit. Doing pretty well today. Trying not to let those bad moments that happen derail my focus/ progress and just keep on going.
  • curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    thanks jm70614! I think that homeopathic cold calm did its work!
  • curves2j
    Options
    @erebar I think that is the hardest part for me- mentally just saying it's okay- next meal we are just back on track and doing right.
  • jm70614
    jm70614 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm doing good but thinking about what my goals should be. I'm thinking that five pounds of weight loss would be a better goal than 10 before the new year. I want to balance my weight loss with my enjoyment of the holidays to make sure I'm healthy all around and reducing my weight loss goal may be the way to do it. I love to bake Christmas cookies and the thought of trying to lose weight while baking constantly seems impossible and stressful. Changing my goal to 5 pounds meals there's still improvement but I'll be focused more on maintenance most days than being at a deficit.
  • istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've just gotta vent somewhere that's not on my very family-oriented social media... I absolutely thought I was pregnant this week, and the test came out negative, and I am sort of crushed and heartbroken.

My husband and I weren't trying, but I was late and had a REALLY good gut feeling about it... Man, I've never been so disappointed to see a single line!! Just burst immediately into tears. I didn't know how much I really was looking forward to it until I did the math and saw how late I was. No surprise baby for me... -_- Just my extremely late period that came barging in today. Thanks, body. What a mean trick... -_-
  • erebar
    Options
    istarith wrote: »
    I've just gotta vent somewhere that's not on my very family-oriented social media... I absolutely thought I was pregnant this week, and the test came out negative, and I am sort of crushed and heartbroken.

My husband and I weren't trying, but I was late and had a REALLY good gut feeling about it... Man, I've never been so disappointed to see a single line!! Just burst immediately into tears. I didn't know how much I really was looking forward to it until I did the math and saw how late I was. No surprise baby for me... -_- Just my extremely late period that came barging in today. Thanks, body. What a mean trick... -_-

Sorry for your disappointment. I hope the next time it is what you're hoping for!
  • curves2j
    Options
    Awee I have been in that situation before- I know how it feels. So sorry the devastation is real and can be hard to get over. If you need to vent again please do reach out- it is healthy and part of why we are here.
  • istarith
    Options
    @erebar @curves2j Thanks guys :)

I sort of feel silly (I mean, I've had "maybe I'm pregnant" moments before, but still). I was describing to my friend over drinks last night how I felt for a whole week like I had this little bed inside me and was excited that there might be someone sleeping in it - come to find it's an empty bed after all. How pathetic is that?? Thank god she took me out - being able to get drunk is a poor substitute, but dammit it's a silver lining! :P
  • deety3
    deety3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I sort of feel silly (I mean, I've had "maybe I'm pregnant" moments before, but still). I was describing to my friend over drinks last night how I felt for a whole week like I had this little bed inside me and was excited that there might be someone sleeping in it - come to find it's an empty bed after all. How pathetic is that?? Thank god she took me out - being able to get drunk is a poor substitute, but dammit it's a silver lining! :P

No need to feel silly. This is exactly the right place to let it all out - and I think many of us have experienced that sick let-down feeling of the single line (granted, I remember from a billion years ago, but my memory still works). It's not pathetic, it's not silly, and I adore your friend who took you out to let you vent.

Lots of support heading your direction!
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Not pathetic at all! I've had similar let downs and it really is just a crushing feeling when you get your hopes up so high. It'll happen when it's meant to happen! I'm glad you were able to get out and vent your feelings though! Hope you're feeling better. :)
  • erebar
    Options
    Advice? I'm on vacation with my hubby until Mon. Yesterday I decided I was just going to try and eat fairly well but still have fun and not log. And then I could see how I did when I got home and weighed. It freaked me out not to log so I did. I'm about 10 -12 lbs from goal so at some point I'm going to have to wean myself off but it really freaked me out.
  • istarith
    Options
    erebar wrote: »
    Advice? I'm on vacation with my hubby until Mon. Yesterday I decided I was just going to try and eat fairly well but still have fun and not log. And then I could see how I did when I got home and weighed. It freaked me out not to log so I did. I'm about 10 -12 lbs from goal so at some point I'm going to have to wean myself off but it really freaked me out.

My opinion is, I say log, always log. Log when you under eat, log when you over eat, log when you're vacationing, log everything. I like to do this myself because I want to see WHAT 3,000 calories looks like; when it sits in my body, trying to gauge that number is impossible right now as I'm dieting and am not an expert with nutrients in my system. My own plan is to finish dieting and continue logging my food to maintain my weight for the next year, so I can fully FEEL what 1,800 (or so) calories feels like.

Eat on your vacation! But my advice will always be to log :)
  • erebar
    Options
    erebar wrote: »

My opinion is, I say log, always log. Log when you under eat, log when you over eat, log when you're vacationing, log everything. I like to do this myself because I want to see WHAT 3,000 calories looks like; when it sits in my body, trying to gauge that number is impossible right now as I'm dieting and am not an expert with nutrients in my system. My own plan is to finish dieting and continue logging my food to maintain my weight for the next year, so I can fully FEEL what 1,800 (or so) calories feels like.

Eat on your vacation! But my advice will always be to log :)

Istarith-Thank you! That seems like a great plan! I'm logging away! Every time in the past when I quit I gained weight back. I think that's why I got nervous. I don't want to do this again!!