Like Minded Lushes - November 2015

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Woohoo...Yay Gary!!
    Yeah I had wine as expected. I think I'm going to go for a 0 today because my exercise will be limited to yoga and some stretching for PT.
    Keep up the good work, Kate. It will get easier and easier.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Slept 14 hours last night. On the mend, and looking forward to becoming well enough to work out and enjoy a cocktail once again.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better Gary!
    Great job Kate!
    Hi everyone!
    I drank the glass of wine. And then made a cocktail and only drank half. Tonight I think I'll have a couple glasses of red with smoked pork chops, sweet potatoes and greens. Yum.
  • Ericbartley
    Ericbartley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The smoked pork chops and sweet potatoes paired lovely with the pinot baby. Zeroes til Friday. Wait.. That's only one day away...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hi Eric, you must be Ashley's husband....WELCOME!!!!

Monday-2 small pour of wine/mead
    Tuesday-1/2 bottle of chardonnay
    Wednesday-2 1/2 Manhattans
    Thursday-Fav beer bar date night = at least 2 beers and probably something when we get home...and maybe even the hot tub!!!!

27 days of work, 55 days until take off!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    It is my husband! :D

I had a beer and 2 glasses of that yummy pinot. 0 tonight. Friend coming to watch Grey's Friday night so going to try to keep it to a bottle of wine. Saturday we have a birthday party with pizza and beer, but will have the kids so will leave earlyish.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - will be a 0, unless my husband has wine in the fridge for me when I get home...:) But I do plan on going to the gym tonight...for the first time in 2 weeks. Oops.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm really happy tomorrow is Friday, it has been a LONG week!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hi Eric...welcome! Gary is going to be happy to have a little more testosterone in here :laugh:
    I had a 0 last night as promised.
    I'm making no promises tonight. It was 33 degrees when I woke up and now its 72! No wonder my poor sinuses are all wacked out. I'm very ready for the weekend.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Welcome Eric!!

After a week of getting back to my steady work outs and using portion control I'm down a couple pounds. Hoping to lose more but doing in smaller goals so 4.2 pounds until the next goal. Still lushing because, well, I like wine :joy:

Took it a bit easy today and caught up on the DVR a bit, didn't do the treadmill but about to go hop on the stationary bike for a while and earn my wine :drinker:

Nice job to those with some zeros, I'm not even trying, I'll just keep picking up the lush card, haha.

• kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-2 small pours of wine/mead
    Tuesday-1/2 bottle of chardonnay
    Wednesday- 2 1/2 Manhattans
    Thursday-4 beers
    Friday-not sure what my drink of choice will be...vodka maybe?
    Tomorrow morning we are heading to Arlington, VA to see some family friends we haven't seen since our wedding, almost 9 years ago. After the move, who knows when we'll see them again.
    Sunday, we are meeting some friends in DC to meet their son, go to a few museums and grab lunch.
    I am sure there will be lots of wine Saturday!!! Sunday will probably be tame, since we have a 3 hour drive home.
    Happy Friday Everyone, enjoy your weekend!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    0 for me last night. I was going to make a martini, but my olives were bad and there was nothing else I felt like drinking. Wine tonight probably. Ended up with only 5 drinks this week! Not bad.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Welcome Eric! Nice bunch of people here. Enjoy!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for awhile, sorry, Lushes!
    This week well, I was pretty good:
    Sunday=2 red wine
    Monday=1 red wine
    Tuesday=1 cocoa with bailey's
    Wednesday=1 beer
    Thursday=0
    Friday=we'll see...
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    kblue2007 wrote: »
    Monday-2 small pours of wine/mead
    Tuesday-1/2 a bottle of chardonnay...:noway: oh well.....and honestly since I've already drank the last two days and will be drinking tomorrow, I will probably continue on tonight.......

The no cig thing has been going pretty good. I use the e-cig in the morning and the patch during the day/night. It isn't terrible!!!

How's the no smoking thing going Kate?? Rooting you on!! and just 55 days - that is going to fly by!!! Wooo!
    Welcome Eric - the more lushes the better!
    Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - all zero's! Down a half a pound for the week...fighting for every ounce I lose... :p
    Have a great weekend lushes!!
  • kblue2007
    edited November 2015
    Options

Not smoking is going pretty well, thanks. I used the ecig all weekend and back to the patch today!
    Awesome work on the zeros and weight loss!!!

I had zero zeros last week...gonna try and rack some up this week.
    Saturday in VA, drank a little too much wine and was moving really slow yesterday but we had a really nice time in DC with our friends and their son. Had 3 drinks.
    Monday-0
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Lushes, It was a crazy week last week. My father passed away on Thursday about 45 minutes after I left him. I got to tell him everything I could every want to tell him and then I kissed him goodbye. He was 93.5 years old and he had a wonderful life. Now he is back with my mom and that makes me happy even if it means that I am now and "orphan". Needless to say I've kept myself pretty numb since then. Back at work today and back to the grind.

You all seem to be doing so well. I am glad you are feeling better Gary, welcome Eric. This thread was actually started by a guy. I took it over and now Syd helps me when I flake.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your Dad Robin. Hugs. Sounds like he had a nice long life.

Good job Kate! I was bad and bought some cigs Saturday night. But I'm going to give them to my friend Wednesday and I bought nicotine gum at the store. That's what I used to do after I quit being a drinking smoker (because I was pregnant), restarted and quit again. I really don't want to be a drinking smoker. Even if I like it.

I did OK drinking Friday. Had a glass of wine before dinner, 2 at dinner, went to Target, and had a glass of wine at home. In bed by 11 I think. Wild night! Saturday I had 3 glasses of wine at our second birthday party and ended up having 4 PBR's I think. Then a little more wine in the hot tub. Up till midnight. But I rallied yesterday and grocery shopped and did tons of food prep. Then I had a cider while I smoked food. Then I had a Goodwood (local) brandy barrel honey ale. And another cider. This cider I found at the grocery is made in Cincy, 6.2% alcohol and only 125 calories per can! It's really dry; almost tastes like wine. I love it. It's called Cidergeist. We drank 4 of the 6 I bought yesterday. Oops.

Plan is 0's Monday and Tuesday, have a few drinks Wednesday, 0 Thursday, a few drinks Friday and Saturday. Not much planned for this weekend. They we're off work all next week and leave for Charleston SC via overnight in Asheville Tuesday. Yay!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Aww, Robin. I'm sorry. It does sound like he had a wonderful, long life. We are lucky to be able to say goodbye to our loved ones before they go. I did the same to my dad...told him it was ok to...he wanted to go dance with my mom. He died a couple hours later. Sometimes I think they wait for us to let them go.

I think I joined lushes right after surlydave turned the reigns over to you. I miss a lot of those old posters.

I moderated on Friday and drank too much on Saturday..which lead to my 0 yesterday. I'm going to go for another 0 today. 2 more PT sessions on the shoulder then another reevaluation after Thanksgiving. I do think I'm making some progress but it's so damn slow and patience is not my strong suit. :angry:

Sunday-0
    Monday-0
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Kate- great job on the cessation of smokin'!
    Robin- Sorry to hear about your father. It looks like you had a wonderful chance to say what you needed to say.
    Syd- What you said about your dad- :/ but beautiful.
    Moderating here. Stormy weather keeping me inside. You all have a great week, be excellent to each other!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Robin, I am sorry to hear about your father, but it must be a comfort to have been able to say good bye :heart:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-Planning a zero but might have some wine. It all depends what we end of having for dinner and how many calories are looking!!!