NOVEMBER Challege

Options

Replies

• keyauwee
    keyauwee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    November challenge:
    1. Walk 1 hour every day (Hope it doesn't rain ALL month!)
    2. Stay within my daily goal of 1,200 calories.
    3. Be strong and eat healthy throughout my sisters' visit and Thanksgiving!
    4. Weigh less at the end of the month ... :)
    Life is GOOD!
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    hello @keyauwee It's great to see a another join in the self challenges. :-)
  • keyauwee
    Options
    Thanks, sharondtd! By the way, I have a P.S.
    5. Log in on MFP every day!
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Adding another goal for the month. I went for the ortho follow up yesterday and do NOT have a rotator cuff tear, just had a lot of edema. So they gave me a prescription for physical therapy and a list of groups to call. I will be calling today and am looking forward to the program the PT puts me on! Hopefully I will then be doing those exercises correctly for my particular limitations and will not hurt myself like that again!

Also continuing with the 5k of steps per day and daily yoga stretching. I want to get back on the bike intervals but I think I will hold that off for a bit.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    DreamOn145 wrote: »
    Adding another goal for the month. I went for the ortho follow up yesterday and do NOT have a rotator cuff tear, just had a lot of edema. So they gave me a prescription for physical therapy and a list of groups to call. I will be calling today and am looking forward to the program the PT puts me on! Hopefully I will then be doing those exercises correctly for my particular limitations and will not hurt myself like that again!

Also continuing with the 5k of steps per day and daily yoga stretching. I want to get back on the bike intervals but I think I will hold that off for a bit.

Glad the rotator cuff was not torn, that is awesome news.

Try using the dumbbells while walking. Just hold them, no over the head lifting or even flies to the sides, just hold the added weight. It will up your heart rate just holding on to them while doing a walk thus burning more cals. Give it a try.

• janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have been delaying my challenge declaration until life settled down a bit. I don't want to set myself up for failure and end up disappointed in myself. But yesterday I put on some music (3 Dog Night's Greatest Hits!) and danced! Incorporated some squats and lunges and got my heart rate up. Also did some balancing acts and yoga moves. AND it was fun!!! So I'm challenging myself to 'dance to the oldies' at least 4 days a week for 20 minutes. That's enough for now.

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Dancing to the oldies - sounds like fun! I may have to bust a few moves myself this week.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    That does sound fun, shake your boody!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I have been delaying my challenge declaration until life settled down a bit. I don't want to set myself up for failure and end up disappointed in myself. But yesterday I put on some music (3 Dog Night's Greatest Hits!) and danced! Incorporated some squats and lunges and got my heart rate up. Also did some balancing acts and yoga moves. AND it was fun!!! So I'm challenging myself to 'dance to the oldies' at least 4 days a week for 20 minutes. That's enough for now.

Check this out then:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAwuhvhLPU

There is a link to prime videos as well on the youtube site.
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I really need a good challenge, I plan to continue with what I wanted to do in the first place. To exercise for 30 minutes each day, whether it be walking, dancing to music, swimming, just plain old moving. I have fallen down on my exercise !!
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Two week check-in. Met goals except for yesterday. We sat in front of TV.
    DH says we WILL drive to Nevada within a week or so. He's working on his classic car and has trouble with the project.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Oh my Richard Simmons! That really brings back memories! I used to have several of his DVDs and they really are a nice little work out. I like the dance idea! I will have to look into this!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Mid month report : I'm on target except I missed another Body Flex class yesterday. DH has had the pericarditis come back. We were at the clinic having testing and blood work and EKGs etc done. It is maddening to me that they can't do much about this disease, they gave him stuff for inflammation and told him to take OTC NSAIDS. He isn't sleeping well so neither am I. He will be taking the antiinflammator med for 3 months, to get it under control and hopefully to keep it from reoccurring again.
  • ardenbeachlvr
    ardenbeachlvr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    On target so far this month. DH and I did a 10 mile walk this morning. The weather in Maryland was clear and sunny this morning but nippy - 40's. We needed hats and gloves to keep warm enough.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Joell so sorry to hear about your husband. Its frustrating when we run into the situation of how little modern medicine still seems to know about so many things. Someone in our family had 4 plates put in cervical vertebrae a few days ago. She will soon find, I believe, she has just traded one set of problems for another. I wish you both the best with conquering this. As a strong believer in natural health, I would personally battle inflammation that way. Apple cider vinegar is my standby for that.

Arden a 10 mile walk would take me about four days! It's wonderful that you and DH are able to do that!

Looking forward to started with my physical therapist tomorrow!
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Check in. Doing fairly well on meeting goals.
    We start driving south to Nevada on Monday, so 3 days of no cooking cleanup! Woo hoo!
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    We had a wonderful dinner tonight salad and Homemade Chicken Noodle soup, I stayed within my range. Tomorrow we are off for a hike in Letchworth State park. It is known as the " Grand Canyon of the East "
  • keyauwee
    Options
    Update: Been at my daughter's in New Haven, CT since Friday. I've been way over my calorie needs and haven't exercised since I left home on Thursday. Frankly, the only personal challenge I've been able to keep is to log in every day. We're in center city and walking alone is not considered safe. Starting tomorrow, I will drive out to one of the area parks to walk a few miles. I have 13 more days here and I refuse to keep gaining ... GOING TO GET ON TRACK!
  • janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been a total flop (as in, flop on the couch) since we moved last month. I'm still hurting from that...been to the chiro twice to no avail. I just have to get moving again. Walking will happen everyday. And getting down on the floor to stretch. I'm still on track with my intake though. AND still losing!! Nearly 10lbs in the last month. Haven't been this weight in years. Feels good!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ... I'm still on track with my intake though. AND still losing!! Nearly 10lbs in the last month. Haven't been this weight in years. Feels good!

Congratulations, Jan! You really have been doing so well. I am joining you in getting back in gear with my walking. I have completely fallen down on the November challenge.

1. Minimum 45 minutes of exercise daily Have not been reaching my minimum in the past week - and in fact have not done much the past three days as my back injury seems worse rather than better.

2. Do 12 laps of stair climb at home every day Ditto, had it going and have not been able to do this.

3. Get to the gym at least twice a week. Got to the gym just once.

4. Finish eating last meal or snack no later than 9:30 p.m. I did this 2 out of 7 days

5. Get in bed by 11:00 p.m. nightly. 2 out of 7 days

6. Report on success with above and weight change, each Sunday. Here I am, disappointed with myself as I am. I consider it a MIRACLE that I have not gained, not lost - my weight is the same.

I think this has something to do with the fact that I am hovering in a weight range that was my high weight for many years. What, is there snow fencing around those fat cells or what? I only know that from my experience, these former weight areas do cause plateaus.

But can I just scream now? angry-039.GIF

brick-wall-017.gif