The Furious Blue Crew

Options

Replies

• MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    i will contact the whole team in the next couple days a lot have not checked in here yet hope they intend to. we can do this go team
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    i know i saw a mocro per cent calulator somewhere but i can not find it
    Thanks marg. The calculator is in weekly and daily challenges thread
  • fareehafarrukh
    fareehafarrukh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My friends and I went out today for lunch in between classes at my university. Didn't even have a bite with them and had my homemade lunch at the end. Good day! :)
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    My friends and I went out today for lunch in between classes at my university. Didn't even have a bite with them and had my homemade lunch at the end. Good day! :)

good for you a homemade lunch is usually much more healthy
  • angie53403
    angie53403 Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone!

You should be called:Angie
    You are from (Timezone):US central time
    Your weigh in day: Sunday
    Favorite exercise: cardio or treadmill
    Favorite healthy food: fruits and veggies
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Eating out of boredom/lack of motivation
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): Not this time around
    Goal for the week: 2 pounds
    Goal for the challenge (35 days):20 pounds

First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: i don't have a measurement tape. If i can find one i will post measurements.

Feel free to add me if you want! :)

• ravenzbaby47
    ravenzbaby47 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi blue team!
    I'm ashlee and live in Pennsylvania (eastern standard time) but I work night shift so I'll be on at weird hours lol
    Weigh in: Friday
    Favorite exercise: dancing or walking
    Favorite healthy food: egg whites and spinach
    Struggling areas: do great during the week and slip up on the weekends
    Team motivator: this is my first challenge so maybe next time!
    Goal for the week: 2lbs
    Goal for the challenge: 10lbs ( to finally get out of the 190's)

Feel free to add me! Let's rock this blue team!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    How's the processed food challenge going? One tip that helps me is prepare in advance, if i can, such as a weighed handful of nuts (150 cals max) as an emergency snack. 25 grams of almonds, less for macadamias. What are your tips? Let's nail this together and learn from each other!!
  • starfishwendy
    starfishwendy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    How's the processed food challenge going? One tip that helps me is prepare in advance, if i can, such as a weighed handful of nuts (150 cals max) as an emergency snack. 25 grams of almonds, less for macadamias. What are your tips? Let's nail this together and learn from each other!!
    Ughh, this is a hard one for me. I did ok but definitely need to be more prepared. I like your tip and will put it to use tomorrow. I think I will be putting chicken in the crockpot tonight. I need more protein to meet my goal.
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    this is a hard one for me but did good today except a half moon cake
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    so far 15 out of 23 have signed in at least once i have sent you all friends requests if i am not already your friend. starting on the others now
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I blew the daily challenge first thing, before I was totally awake! I had a protein bar for breakfast, I meant to have eggs. I did ok for lunch and so-so for dinner....tomorrow I'm on it!
  • letngo
    letngo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Evrything I ate today was homemade, however the fact that I am in the midst of baking for concession sales the sugar content was high! I did have egg whites for breakfast and homemade beef barley stew for dinner. I was more aware of the food today then usual, and I did get on the treadmill while doing a homework assignment (I made a desk top that fits on the side handles of my treadmill for a treadmill desk), so I walked 4.8 miles. Moving in a better direction being aware.
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    good try everyone we will do it tomorrow ,i know we can.just sent friends requests to the rest of the team and reminded them they need to sign in 2 times per week to remain active. hope to see them we need everyone to win
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    happykee wrote: »
    My biggest problem is how I reward myself after work with food. And then I keep eating until bedtime. Since the time change it is dark outside, so I can't go outside for a walk, etc. I am full of excuses.

that time of night is when i do most of my mfp work so i do not snack but if i really need to popcorn is great if not loaded with butter and salt or fresh veggys
  • makinchange
    makinchange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I dropped the ball tonight! The day creeped up on me, and due to a lack of planning and becoming "hangry" my dinner tonight was processed, processed, processed. But I did stay within my planned calorie intake, so that's good.
  • noraron
    noraron Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    noraron wrote: »
    Hello! Nice to virtually meet everyone.

You should be called: Nora
    You are from (Timezone): I live in Melbourne, Australia, so am on Australian EST.
    Your weigh in day: Friday
    Favorite exercise: Elliptical trainer, strength training, walking.
    Favorite healthy food: Fruit, steamed veggies, salad! I really should be thin, given how much I like salad.
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Resisting the charity chocolate box at my work.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): Nup, sorry!
    Goal for the week: 2 lbs
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): 10-14 lbs

Will update with my measurements soon.

Nora

Ok! Measurements:
    Neck: 14.5
    Bust: 46.5
    Waist: 37
    Hips: 50.5
    Thigh (L): 29
    Bicep (R): 13.5

Alas I am totally failing the no-processed-foods challenge today (it's already the 18th here in Australia)...maybe another day!
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hello! Nice to virtually meet everyone.

You should be called: Nora
    You are from (Timezone): I live in Melbourne, Australia, so am on Australian EST.
    Your weigh in day: Friday
    Favorite exercise: Elliptical trainer, strength training, walking.
    Favorite healthy food: Fruit, steamed veggies, salad! I really should be thin, given how much I like salad.
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Resisting the charity chocolate box at my work.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): Nup, sorry!
    Goal for the week: 2 lbs
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): 10-14 lbs

Will update with my measurements soon.

Nora

Ok! Measurements:
    Neck: 14.5
    Bust: 46.5
    Waist: 37
    Hips: 50.5
    Thigh (L): 29
    Bicep (R): 13.5

Alas I am totally failing the no-processed-foods challenge today (it's already the 18th here in Australia)...maybe another day!

no processed food challenge is for 3 days :) 17-19. so you still have another day to give it a go :)
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    happykee wrote: »
    My biggest problem is how I reward myself after work with food. And then I keep eating until bedtime. Since the time change it is dark outside, so I can't go outside for a walk, etc. I am full of excuses.

that time of night is when i do most of my mfp work so i do not snack but if i really need to popcorn is great if not loaded with butter and salt or fresh veggys

I read that as adding veggies to the popcorn. Thanks for making me smile!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Ok team. I have just been spying in on the other teams and their motivational boards. No one yet has any inspirational sayings nor links to helpful sites . Perhaps we can help motivate each other more if we find some and share. I also want to help the non posters feel comfortable enough to share. When we hit plateus and gains that is when material like this is extra important. Let's nail this blue!
  • SamandaIndia
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Any tips from those doing prior challenges, so we can all not only lose weight but learn healthier habits so that we all keep it off? I find the non scale victories such as measurements help when TOM plateus my weight or stacks it on.

Example NSV:
    Recently I could do my knee high boots up without a risk of them exploding. Major win there!!
This discussion has been closed.