The Furious Blue Crew

Options

Replies

• letngo
    letngo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So, on the challenge for jumping jacks every 90 minutes, I work in an operating room, so that won't happen for me. So, instead I challenge myself to walk the stairs 5 times today (I work 8 hours/1.5 hours=5.3) between cases whenever that schedule allows.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Letngo, I think that is a great challange for yourself, specially since doing jumping jacks in the operating room could seriously be frowned upon. LOL - I can't do jumping jacks at work either, and because they aren't good for my back, so I'm going to do 10 squats once an hour.

UGH I am feeling defeated this morning, no motivation, had a bad weekend, can't wait till school is over ....... just 1 more week ! Then I have vacation after that, although atleast there I can be active, life right now is sitting on my *kitten* all day, all evening, all weekend...... Anyway enough whining, I found this awesome pic so I thought I would share, have a great day ! vyg0eetbimwb.jpg
    ha.jpg 18.2K
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    letngo wrote: »
    So, on the challenge for jumping jacks every 90 minutes, I work in an operating room, so that won't happen for me. So, instead I challenge myself to walk the stairs 5 times today (I work 8 hours/1.5 hours=5.3) between cases whenever that schedule allows.

the other way you could do it is figure out how many you need to do and do it at one time
  • starfishwendy
    starfishwendy Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Hahaha, I have this vision of jumping Jacks during surgery. Hilarious, but probably not a good idea. I think your substitution is great.
  • starfishwendy
    Options
    Letngo, I think that is a great challange for yourself, specially since doing jumping jacks in the operating room could seriously be frowned upon. LOL - I can't do jumping jacks at work either, and because they aren't good for my back, so I'm going to do 10 squats once an hour.

UGH I am feeling defeated this morning, no motivation, had a bad weekend, can't wait till school is over ....... just 1 more week ! Then I have vacation after that, although atleast there I can be active, life right now is sitting on my *kitten* all day, all evening, all weekend...... Anyway enough whining, I found this awesome pic so I thought I would share, have a great day ! vyg0eetbimwb.jpg

Love that quote!
  • MargaretLunan
    Options

Love that quote!

love that
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    well we did all we could last week .today starts a new one remember to do your challanges and sign in on this page good luck every one .go blue go
  • nikesandbows
    nikesandbows Posts: 38 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm so sorry to be late to the game. I just got my laptop back, it had a virus and MFP and I aren't friends on my phone for groups. Only logging and commenting on peoples status'.

You should be called: Lindsay
    You are from (Timezone): Eastern
    Your weigh in day: I wrote 183 but it was really 193. I need to correct it.
    Favorite exercise: I'm a huge Insanity Max 30 fan. I also love to run
    Favorite healthy food: homemade turkey burgers
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): I'm having my hip surgery consulatation tomorrow morning, so for the last 4ish months I haven't been able to do any type of exercise except walking. And even then my hip pain also causes my sciatica. So hopefully gonna get it fixed soon.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): No, not this challenge. Currently I'm working 2 jobs, so I do not have a lot of time to check in daily or a lot.
    Goal for the week: Lost 2lbs per week.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Loose 10lbs
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:
    I don't have a tape measurer
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Love to hear how you are going but just delighted you can join in and juggle between commitments
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Love the quote and the thought of jumping in the operating room...too funny
    Good luck to everyone one of us this week...especially with thanksgiving...I cook everything and I may try using a very small plate to help me control portions. Hopefully it will help me change from a mountain of food to a small hill.

Good luck team blue...glad to know there's others out there working on the same challenge:)
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome back nikesandbows!!!
  • ravenzbaby47
    ravenzbaby47 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi blue team! How's everyone doing this Monday? I just got back from the gym..did cardio..legs..and am hour of racquetball...it's amazing how much energy I have now that I've been consistently working out! Let's crush it this thanksgiving week! :):) p.s. @Gidgitgoescrazy ...I love that quote!!
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm so sorry to be late to the game. I just got my laptop back, it had a virus and MFP and I aren't friends on my phone for groups. Only logging and commenting on peoples status'.

Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): I'm having my hip surgery consulatation tomorrow morning, so for the last 4ish months I haven't been able to do any type of exercise except walking. And even then my hip pain also causes my sciatica. So hopefully gonna get it fixed soon.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): No, not this challenge. Currently I'm working 2 jobs, so I do not have a lot of time to check in daily or a lot.

glad to see you
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    well 3rd is not to bad but we can be first if we really try . we will be champions go blue
  • starfishwendy
    Options
    My weigh in shows me that when I stay aware of what I am eating and log my intake, I can make progress.

You did amazing! Congratulations on making top 3.
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    i did some jacks but not all i should of i did 100 low impact jacks
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    we had some big wins last week.

letngo was not only our top loser but one of the challenges top ones
    noran was one of the top micros hitters
    makenchange was one of the top water drinkers and sign on people
    ravenzbaby47 was one of the top sign in people
    margaeretlunan was one of the top walkers and sign in people

give yourself a high five for the wins. way to go blue
  • makinchange
    makinchange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm not able to complete jumping jacks (doctors orders). But I did take a 15 min walk on my break at work today.

I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, which sucks! I realized today that when I feel sick, I crave junk foods. My daughter and I went Christmas shopping at the mall today, and the food court was sooooo full of temptation. I went prepared though, and had a baggie with celery and carrots, and an apple in my purse. Woot woot!! I beat the urge to eat greasy crap food!! Then came home and made a very tasty and filling flatbread pizza. So very proud of myself :smiley:
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    Hello all! I'm not able to complete jumping jacks (doctors orders). But I did take a 15 min walk on my break at work today.

I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, which sucks! I realized today that when I feel sick, I crave junk foods. My daughter and I went Christmas shopping at the mall today, and the food court was sooooo full of temptation. I went prepared though, and had a baggie with celery and carrots, and an apple in my purse. Woot woot!! I beat the urge to eat greasy crap food!! Then came home and made a very tasty and filling flatbread pizza. So very proud of myself :smiley:

way to go
  • noraron
    noraron Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss, letngo! And welcome to Lindsay.

Like a few others, I'm not doing the jumping jack challenge, but I'm making an effort to be active throughout the day. I did yoga for the first time in months today, and hoping to go to the gym tonight if my 2yo doesn't stay up too late. Suspect my weight loss is going to be non-existent this week though as have been reaaaaally hungry, but we shall see.
This discussion has been closed.