How much weight have you lost, and how long have you been on LCHF?

Options

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I've been on the plan for 2 months and I've lost 11.4 lbs...though my profile says I've lost 6.4 because I didn't reset my weight after I gained some a few months prior to starting keto.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I've lost my water pill, my statin, 1 diabetes pill
    & more than 1/2 my insulin. I've lost tons of blood
    glucose. I lost my pants a few times. Along the way
    I've also lost 88 lbs.

But what I found is even better!!!
    A easy simple new way to live my life.
    LCHF hooked for life.

>:) or o:)

This is my favorite response!
    It's really easy to lose sight of the myriad of health benefits, which are really the most important thing. Achieving better overall health is so much more valuable and I believe, will naturally bring a person to a healthy weight as a result.
    Since I went into this mostly for weight loss, I wasn't even thinking about anything else at first. I've learned so much along the way and that has turned my eye to the greater long term payoff, which is why I feel so confident that weight will never again be an issue I need to address, because I know that if Ken can gain so much improvement with existing health concerns, I am giving myself my best chance to prevent at least similar health issues. That's good enough for me to make this my lifestyle for sure. :)
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting for over a year, but I lost most of my weight, (and at steady average of 1 pound a week) when I started LCHF in May 2015. Since May I'm down 32 pounds. Hoping to continue the trend, and if I do, I should reach goal by May 2016. Slow and steady has been very rewarding and doesn't even feel like a big challenge.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb for 103 days (mid-August) and at last weigh-in I've lost 31 pounds. I started with 20 or less grams of carbs and now I've upped it to less then 40 net daily and staying under 1360 calories per day. I love wasn't logging after about the firs week and wasn't seeing success so I've been trying to log consistently now to track both carbs and calories and that has helped me immensely. Oh, and weighing and measuring my food. That's a must for me. Good luck and welcome.
  • balesalicia
    balesalicia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've been back on LCHF (after having my baby) since October 10th~ish. I've lost 16lbs and a few inches. I'm adding exercise starting today, so hopefully My losses will be around 20-25lbs by the new year!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Started in May. I have lost 20 pounds (which is more than I expected.) My SO also started in May and he has lost 55 pounds.
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    In 7 months (Feb-Sept of this year), I lost 33 lbs. In the last 2 months, I've been holding steady. I'm still ~3 lbs short of my goal weight.
  • samira2603
    samira2603 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Started mid Agust and have lost a total of 37lb. Lost the first 20 ish lb in the first month, it is coming off slower now but I am still losing weight weekly. I am 162lb at the moment and my (initial) goal weight is 143lb
  • dhill_84
    dhill_84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb since sept 1st. Lost just under 30 lbs
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Started LC on Oct 12. Have lost 32 lbs. Very happy with this eating program.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This time round, I started end of August and have lost 20 lbs so far. I have about 10 more to go. And, need to keep it off this time!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Last year lost 60lbs in 9 months, gained 30lbs back over Xmas - March, and this year I've lost 20lbs of that ... in 9 months. It's frustrating as hell. I'm still 10lbs more than I was at Xmas last year. However I worked it out yesterday, and in 6.9kg (14lbs?) time I'll no longer be in the obese BMI, I'll officially be overweight for the first time in 20 years.
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    In February I began tracking again on MFP, lowered my calories, and did a little fasting. I lost 20#s and came to sort of a stand still. I took a break June - mid July. In August I started LCHF (and some fasting) - about 50 grams of carbs a day most days and have lost another 14#s. What I have noticed about low carb is how much my appetite has decreased. For a week I have been out of power and really just eat for convenience. The bread is making me feel stuffed. When the lights come back on, I will have no excuse not to weigh. I'm scared lol.
  • mielepiel
    mielepiel Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started november 1st and lost 13.66 pounds so far. Still got loads to go (bout 70)
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I started July 8 and I'm pretty sure my next weigh-in will bring me to 50 lbs lost.

Hubby has lost 70 :)
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I've been HFLC for 14 months. I've lost 79lbs, which is about half of what I need to lose. This is the only woe my body likes and the only "diet" I've been able to maintain so I don't plan to change it.

During this year all my lab tests improved, I got my diabetes under control and stopped all medication so, yes, I'm very happy with the results.

Sometimes I still fantasize about foods that I know I can't eat but the benefits I feel from this woe are so great that I rarely act on those fantasies. HFLC for life!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Changed to this lifestyle 09/01/2014 so been doing it now for almost 15 months. Have eliminated 130 pounds so far. Still have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40 more pounds to go! Never even suspected I would be able to get this far so I am obviously very pleased with my progress thus far. I also do Intermittent Fasting (IF) on the week-ends and I just started that about a month ago. I so love this WOE and that's why I'm a Keto lifer. It's funny to me now looking back because I tried this WOE as a last ditch effort because of medical and healthy-related issues I was having...I SO did not want to go on yet another diet and I was just about as unenthusiastic about trying this one as you can possibly imagine! Now you can't keep me from singing praises about this WOE! lol
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Changed to this lifestyle 09/01/2014 so been doing it now for almost 15 months. Have eliminated 130 pounds so far. Still have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40 more pounds to go! Never even suspected I would be able to get this far so I am obviously very pleased with my progress thus far. I also do Intermittent Fasting (IF) on the week-ends and I just started that about a month ago. I so love this WOE and that's why I'm a Keto lifer. It's funny to me now looking back because I tried this WOE as a last ditch effort because of medical and healthy-related issues I was having...I SO did not want to go on yet another diet and I was just about as unenthusiastic about trying this one as you can possibly imagine! Now you can't keep me from singing praises about this WOE! lol

I know, I get a bit evangelical about this too!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Started on February 23rd, 2015. Down 23.4 pounds.

I know my loss isn't the dramatic number that many have seen, but it's been steady and reliable. I dropped dairy last month and saw an immediate additional loss.

I have about 17 pounds to go before I consider myself at goal. Then I figure I'll probably add dairy back in to maintain, but I don't plan on changing much once I get to goal. I expect I'll be hungrier to support a smaller fat reserve, and maintenance will take care of itself.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I gained over 100# in my late 20's...I'm now 45 y/o

Been LC/Keto since 2009, losing all of that weight gain 100#+. Currently, I'm up about 15# and intend that to be gone by/before spring. I don't log, it's all second nature these days. I'm well aware of what I put in my face-hole.

If I'm craving something carby *once in a great while*, I don't deny myself. I practice moderation often.