Tracking

Options

Replies

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well its Nov. 12 and I'm 150lbs. I'm not going to up my calories this week. I'll wait and see what I with next week. 2200 may be my TDEE.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well Nov. 22 weigh in and I'm 151. So discouraged, guess 2200 is my TDEE. I was at a wedding last night so there could be excess water weight but it's the second week in a row of gain. I worked out Monday, we'd, thus, self defence Fri and kettlebell and kickboxing yesterday. I think this will be my calories until year end when I stay a cut unless I'm up again next week in which case I'll drop to 2100.
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options

http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    Have you read this? It's very straightforward info.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Thanks Diva, I have actually read it before. I don't think I have a long history of dieting as I was usually aiming for 1600-1900 before the last 2 months ago I thought 2 months at TDEE would probably be good.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If you are thinking the 1 lb gain in 1 week in anywhere near valid math to do something with, then that would imply 2200 is 500 calories over true TDEE, and that means 1700.

Which means you should have been gaining ever since eating above that number. But you weren't.

Of course when you lay out the logic like that, you can tell that can't be true.
    Let's say even 1/2 lb. or 250 cal over TDEE.
    That would mean 1950.
    Reasonable?

No. If you think these jumps contain any amount of fat, do the math to see what implied TDEE would be, and did eating level and weight change bear that out truly.

Yes to the wedding for water weight gain, for sure.
    Just be glad you weren't a bridesmaid dieting all week to fit in a dress, and then enjoying the eating at the reception - and the scale the next day.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    I thought it was a lot but I'm not sure why I would have a1lb gain for each of the 2 weeks. Hard to figure out TDEE with this happening!
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Should you stay at 2200 for another week or so to see what happens? I know what ya mean when you said it's hard to find tdee when you 'gain water.' I'm kinda having the same problem.
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. Tbh, I only really found my TDEE when I got my FitBit and it matched what was on Scoobys calculator. Still not 100% accurate and it would change on a day to day basis depending on what I'm doing. It can be frustrating figuring out the numbers, but stick with what you're doing for now and see if there's any change over the next week maybe?
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well I'm holding steady at 2200 for now. I do have an appointment with my doctor for next week. Suddenly occurred to me that a10lb gain over less than a year with no significant food or exercise changes maybe is something I should have the doctor check too.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well I weighed in on Sunday and was 148.8, so back where I started, however I was drinking the night before so I'm not sure if I should increase my calories to 2300 or hold?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is known to have a whoosh effect on retained water.

Which would be good, usually don't gain that back as body really didn't need it anyway.
    Sometimes a high carb day or two will do it too.

Glad to see it back down. I'd increase. Extra 100 cal even if over true TDEE is only 0.2 lb gain.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Some day I will weigh myself. Been so busy I haven't gotten tomy mom's to weigh in.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Trying not to cry. I'm at 153lbs! I'm still using 2200 calories but I'm up 5lbs in 2 weeks? ??? I'm starting to think I'm just going to get bigger and bigger. I stated a year ago wanting to get back to 137 and now I'm 153!
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    I feel your frustration. All my gains have been quick overnight gains and my weight just keeps getting higher and I don't know what to do either. I feel like I should have found my tdee by now. I've been following your post bc you and I are experiencing the same things it seems. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well I had some bloodwork done and an u/s to rule out any cysts or thyroid or anything.

I think for me, I will have to cut out my night time sweet snack and switch to just almonds or something equally boring. I did a HIIT workout last night with lots of kettlebells and weights, but still this just sucks.
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    Do you really think it's the night time snack though? Have all your gains been quick/big? Like overnight?
  • 3furballs
    Options
    It's hard to tell since I only weigh in weekly or bi weekly. This time was 2 weeks since I weighed in. I'm just not sure what else to look at.
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    Ok, understand. I weigh everyday only so I can see if small/big changes in scale. I wish I could help you more.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    151.6 today so down a bit but I've also had a stomach bug this week and had trouble making my calories.
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    Being down is good. Stomach bug not good. Hoping you continue going down!