Options
fatchimom
fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
Well????? December is tomorrow!!!

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    Always open to suggestions. I'm planning on doing what I've been doing: a Basics Challenge. If anyone joins me yay. If not, I'm still doing it anyway. It keeps me vigilant and on task.

A Don't Cheat December would be ideal. I don't plan on indulging in off-plan foods myself. I did last year, but I just felt so blah and guilty so I'm just making keto-friendly stuff.

But like I said, suggestions are welcome. One of you guys are more than welcome to run a separate challenge. I'm still engaging in my new regular obsessed motivated check-ins.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    November was disastrous for me... I should have participated in the no gain challenge! lol

For December by hook or by crook my goal is to lose 15 lbs -- which would be the (hopefully) water weight from November plus two pounds.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    yea me too i am in no matter what !!!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    December!
    How did it get so late, so soon? --Dr. Seuss.

I'm in for another back to basics challenge. I lost a solid 3 pounds in November. I was down 4 pounds before Thanksgiving. But just going by the trend, I did not reach my coveted four pounds that I strive for at the end of every month, but I'm still moving in the right direction. Shooting for 4 in December.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Christmas market treats soo tempting. Count me in for a basics challenge. Any tips on that welcomed as although I have will power I am only 6 weeks in to this WOE and sometimes find myself eating a bit extra yoghurt when I know that is the highest sugar thing that I get near.. like a little girl breaking the rules at the end of an angelic day.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Not sure what all a basics challenge involves but I want to stay focused on health, losing, and start more strength/HIIT.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! The last 2 challenges have really helped me stay on track :)
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    This would be my first challenge, so sign me up (but will someone tell me what I signed up for at some point LOL?). I already have the same goal as @slimzandra of 4 lbs per month. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning for November's end (since I didn't this morning), but I think my chances are pretty good of meeting that goal for my first month!
  • laura1fx
    laura1fx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I need some additional motivation and support to get my weight loss moving in the right direction again. I'm with Deena_Bean - details of the challenge would be greatly appreciated. :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes details please, it helps to know what you're doing.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Maybe the back to basics challenge with some set splurge days that stay on plan (with higher caloric intake but still low carb) or go off to a planned degree (by a certain amount of carbs). By now most of us now our party days and holiday dinner dates so those would be splurge days. A Planned (or Determined) December challenge.

I have a few days that I plan on eating lots on, but I want to keep my carbs low. Most days will be below 20g and about 1500 kcal, and a those splurge days might go up to 30g and 2200 kcal.

Just an idea. :)
  • baconslave
    Options
    The Basics:
    Staying under carbs
    Staying under calories
    Logging and measuring
    Getting in exercise/movement if that's one of your goals
    Keeping an eye on electrolyte levels
    Getting enough water
    Planning ahead
    Following whatever plan-specific goals there may be (macros would be an example)

• baconslave
    Options
    This is what it would look like.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10292437/dont-cheat-december-monthly-basics-challenge#latest

Some people are just interested in NSV-like goals and are more than welcome to join the challenge to keep up with those as well.
  • Jujuu99
    Jujuu99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I see, sounds like a good idea. Do you basically just use the basics as a template? I don't even know how to track electrolytes...
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    See y'all over there_