Like Minded Lushes - December 2015

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Wow! It is December already. The hard time of the year for lushes is upon us in full swing. Holiday cheer and mountains of holiday stress lead to a lot of lushy moments. At least for me. We finally have drizzle again so it is much warmer and I feel much more in the groove. Happy December everyone.

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly December!!!!
    This year FLEW by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Good job on the new thread mama lush! B)
    I pretty much did my entire Christmas shopping online yesterday. Found a couple of decent cyber Monday deals. I did end up pouring a glass of wine when my power went out...cuz what else is there to do when that happens? :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Seriously in need of drying out.... o:) Ate and drank way too much over the long weekend and the scale reflects it!
    Sydney- congrats on raising such an awesome boy!
    This weekend is my MIL's 80th surprise birthday party...my BIL and nephews are flying up from Florida for the party...alcohol will be an absolute necessity...shooting for zeros till Friday.. :p
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Wow...December! We had a nice trip. Except the drive hope. Trip took 4 hours longer due to traffic, rain, and lots of stopping. And my daughter threw up in the car. Twice. Glad to be back home.

Over the holiday I drank more than I should have 2 nights, but drank for like 9 days in a row. I did manage 4 workouts while on vacation and extra walking downtown Charleston and around my sister's neighborhood.

My plan is 0s till Friday.
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe it is December! I've said that every month this year, and it's because I'm so surprised by how fast time goes by!!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0...and hopefully I actually make it to the gym for the first time in a MONTH!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
  • rjadams
    Options
    Moderation not abstention is what I seem to be doing. I am okay with that. 2 and a half weeks until sun, sand and bliss. B)
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0

I actually worked out last night! Like a serious workout! Felt SOOO good!!! :)
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Had a good workout yesterday- the first good one since I got out of the hospital. SORE! Looking forward to getting back into shape!

Great job on the zeros Bridget, Kate and BetterBalance (Ashley?)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Robin your trip sounds wonderful!
    Nice job on the 0's everyone! I had wine again. Might finish the bottle tonight if I manage to get in a workout.
    Decorating the house today. Waiting on the tree since we get a real one and it'll be a dead needle mess if we put it up too soon.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great on the zero's....not me however... :s I had a great plan of zero's till Friday BUT that hasn't worked.
    Tuesday - 2 glasses sauvingon blanc
    Wednesday - 3 grapefruit vodka/sparkling water
    Football & hockey games on TV tonight so I'm betting there will be drinks tonight too....I guess there's always next week... :wink:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    HA, yup always next week :wink:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-oops no zero...spoke too soon. I had 2 5oz glasses of wine. Lots of anxiety lately....that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. :laugh:
    Maybe we'll finish up the bottle tonight???

I have been slacking with my workouts....we are doing ripped in 30 and honestly I think I am gonna bail on it...we are 1/2 through week 3 and my body aches....not like "my muscles are sore cause I had a good workout" ache, but like my toes hurt, my neck hurts, my back hurts, my hip flexors hurt.....I feel like she moves through everything so quickly that proper form is out the window. I stretch constantly with little relief. I hate her and only picked up the old dvds to motivate us but I am not sure how much my body can take......
    Anywho's it's Thursday :bigsmile:

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    I had wine again because decorating the house without any is just not right. :drinker:

I still can't believe the son will be moving back home next week. It'll feel like his usual home for Christmas break for a while I'm sure...until the New Year when all his laundry and stuff starts annoying me. :laugh:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Gary, yep, I am officially Ashley. :)

Kate, I agree that Jillian tries for quantity not quality. Which can be very bad. I sort of hate her workout videos. I had good results with 30 Day Shred and 6 Week 6 Pack, but I get tired of doing the same thing everyday.

Great job on the 0's lushes!

I've been good! I haven't had a drink since Saturday. Nothing tonight either. I'm almost back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight. May be there by official weigh in tomorrow. Just in time for a Christmas party this weekend and traveling 2 days, 3 Christmas parties and a birthday party next week. Ugh... My strategy is keep calories low on days I don't have anything going on (trying not to drink at all during the week helps) and get in extra workouts when I can.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Nice work Ashley!!!!!!! You are SUPER busy...all sounds fun though!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-10oz of wine
    Thursday-10oz of wine
    Friday-something...Mahattans? Wine? Both?
    Tomorrow we are going to visit one of Lenny's sisters and her family. Should be a tame day/night. Lunch at a brewery, then probably just hang around the house. I am excited. I love these guys. They wanted to spend quality time with us before we move :love:

And in case you are wondering....13 days of work and 33 days until departure!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    My colead at work has been on vacay for two weeks. I am so busy at work I have to have something to calm me down when I get home. She will be back on Monday so for the two weeks before break things should get back to a more reasonable chaos. Our butler from Sandals called last night to introduce herself. It made the reality of sun and sand that much more tangible.

You are all doing so good on the zeros. Way to go. I still have 8 bottles of wine to drink before they are all in my rack and not overflowing into a box. What a problem to have. :lol:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-Caved and split a bottle of wine so 2 big glasses.
    Friday-going to some friends to meet their new Boston terrier LuLu Lemon but will have kids in tow so should be an early tame night.
    Saturday- Christmas party with kids. But our neighbor is having a CHristmas-ish party so we may put the kids to bed after party #1 and go down with the monitors. We'll see.....
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Going for a CT scan of my head in an hour. Doubt they will find much. ;)
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thu - 1 shot
  • kblue2007
    Options
    How'd the scan go Gary???

Friday-2 manhattans and 6oz of wine
    Saturday-lots of beers
    Sunday-2 beers and 2 glasses of wine
    Monday-0!!!!!