Challenge Updates and Support.

Replies

• sawsanib88
    sawsanib88 Posts: 7 Member
    b_heyd07 wrote: »
    This may be a dumb question but is everyone doing what MFP says to do as your Calorie goal or are you using a different number from a different site. MFP told me to do 1200 Calories and wasn't sure if that was to low especially with exercising 5 days a week.
    Well, i would say you should wat what you feel your body needs. Though i am workingout 5 days a week but i am an inactive person, i spend most of my time working on my laptop. I have been eating around 1200 calories a day for the last month ( when i burn 200 valories in workout, i can add 200 calories to my goal) and actually that was enough for me and I feel really good. So, it depends in you!
  • Day 13: good morning everyone. Time flies by....its day 13 already since I started this. I'm really liking my day off between exercise days. I'm loving the food I eat. Have a great day!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Have been eating a bit too much this week. Nothing processed, but still more than what I needed. Today, back to logging and better discipline. Other areas and goals in life have gone really well this week. Now to pull it all together at the same time!
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    I am already scared about not making this goal. MFP says I will lose 1.1 kg by January 8. I want to lose 7 kg! Have to turn up the heat on exercise and keep strictly to the calories as i can!! OMG>>>This challenge is real and I want to meet my goal or get close!
  • MelissaCherie
    MelissaCherie Posts: 4 Member
    I am hoping to be more successful with a support group. I have no problem exercising. It is part of my life. My husband is a big eater & It is hard getting him on the same page as me. I often give in & eat what he is or what he wants

I have a similar challenge! My boyfriend eats and drinks and only occasionally exercises, it is so difficult to eat an apple while he eats chips on the couch. At least when I make meals I try to make minimal processed foods. Best of luck to you!
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    My challenge is my husband who wants to go out to eat many times during the week. I want to go out too so I have to be extra diligent with my choices. It's tough-no doubt about it- watching him eat 1500 calories worth of food while I'm trying to stay under 500 calories for the meal. I usually have between 500-700 calories left for my dinner, which is plenty if we eat at home but not plenty for restaurant eating. Neither of us drink so at least that's not a calorie issue.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    This is day 25 of accurately and honestly tracking my food. I confess, it's difficult when my husband cooks (we trade off by week), because he doesn't really follow recipes, or remember brand names, or measure anything! But I give it my best guesstimate, and there's probably only three meals a week that I feel especially uncertain on. When in doubt, I round up the calories and round down my activity.

Four weeks until New Years!
  • I am hoping to be more successful with a support group. I have no problem exercising. It is part of my life. My husband is a big eater & It is hard getting him on the same page as me. I often give in & eat what he is or what he wants

I have a similar challenge! My boyfriend eats and drinks and only occasionally exercises, it is so difficult to eat an apple while he eats chips on the couch. At least when I make meals I try to make minimal processed foods. Best of luck to you!

I am disappointed in myself because last year I did so well. I think because I was firm on what I would and would not eat. My husband became used to it and my weight dropped and stabilized. Come summer I let things slide little by little. Now I am back to the same struggles. I need to commit to how I was last year, be firm with husband but the ownership is on me to follow through without always blaming my husband.
  • sawsanib88
    sawsanib88 Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2015
    I feel that I am losing my motivation :/
    I have starting diet & workout 40 days ago.. the first month was good.. i lost about 4 kg andi was seeing my body shape getting better.
    but for the last 10 days i didnt lose any weight and i am not noticing any change in my body.. maybe the first 4 kg are the easiest to lose!
    Well, i have to say that i lost about 3% of my body fat and gained about 2% of muscles which i am very happy with..
    My wedding is on february, not sure if i will be able to achieve my goal in losing 10 kg by then..
  • thom2369
    sawsanib88 wrote: »
    I have starting diet & workout 40 days ago.. the first month was good.. i lost about 4 kg andi was seeing my body shape getting better.
    but for the last 10 days i didnt lose any weight and i am not noticing any change in my body.. maybe the first 4 kg are the easiest to lose!
    Well, i have to say that i lost about 3% of my body fat and gained about 2% of muscles which i am very happy with..
    My wedding is on february, not sure if i will be able to achieve my goal in losing 10 kg by then..

Maybe its time to change your routine a bit! Find some new activity to do or increase the intensity. Perhaps adjust your goals and calories. You have been working so hard already.
  • JMarcella57
    sawsanib88 wrote: »

Plateaus happen. Don't give up.
  • JMarcella57
    Anytime that I start to lose motivation or I plateau for a bit, I try to stop, re-assess and change something. At different times I find that I need to focus on different things. Some different areas I've focused on during the past year: getting enough sleep (so I feel like doing the other stuff), reducing/dealing with stress (so I feel like doing the other stuff), reducing/eliminating highly processed foods (it's actually fun to focus on all the yummy real stuff), and of course, after working on the afore mentioned items, I was able to better focus on calories. Right now, I'm finally starting to focus more on exercise. Everyone's different and times change. Keeping it fresh can be part of the success. And of course, I continue to work at getting good sleep, dealing with stress the best that I can and eating clean. It seems to require constant diligence to make these things into habits as life continually tries to pull me off track. Ultimately, I try to keep the focus on the long-term health benefits and to know that as I long as I keep trying and don't quit, I'm still succeeding. The successes and failures seems to even out a bit over time and simply become a part of the overall journey.

As for goals: I set them high and have no trouble changing them as I need to in order to keep them reachable. Jan 1st I wanted to reach my ultimate goal weight by Dec 31st. There came a point where I knew it wouldn't happen. I changed the goal. I reached a point where I knew it wouldn't happen again. I changed the goal again. Even if I miss that goal, it's a goal that is reachable and I will continue to work for it. But if I don’t make it, I will be kind to myself, know that I tried and will set new goals for 2016. So far this year, I've lost 30 pounds. That isn't the 60 I set out to lose. But it's 30 that I lost because I kept trying. Along the way this year, I have developed some really good, healthy habits and I feel so much better physically and emotionally.

Sometimes, I wish I could be one of those folks that's able to just jump into it, exercise like crazy, eat perfect, and lose quickly. But I'm not. So, I continue to work at being a better me and be okay to keep moving forward most of the time. I would recommend to others, to not wait until you're my age (57), to finally get on the right track with the healthy stuff. (Hoping this doesn't sound too preachy. I've been on MFP for 1 year, as of yesterday, and I'm feeling a bit reflective this week.)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    For 3 weeks I was at the same weight nothing budged. Then I changed up my diet and as I am working extra shifts I focused more on rest and not exercise and once again the weight is slowly moving. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body and go with the flow. Give yourself a breather and it'll all work out. Just don't give up. Good luck!!! :)
  • thom2369
    Anytime that I start to lose motivation or I plateau for a bit, I try to stop, re-assess and change something. At different times I find that I need to focus on different things. Some different areas I've focused on during the past year: getting enough sleep (so I feel like doing the other stuff), reducing/dealing with stress (so I feel like doing the other stuff), reducing/eliminating highly processed foods (it's actually fun to focus on all the yummy real stuff), and of course, after working on the afore mentioned items, I was able to better focus on calories. Right now, I'm finally starting to focus more on exercise. Everyone's different and times change. Keeping it fresh can be part of the success. And of course, I continue to work at getting good sleep, dealing with stress the best that I can and eating clean. It seems to require constant diligence to make these things into habits as life continually tries to pull me off track. Ultimately, I try to keep the focus on the long-term health benefits and to know that as I long as I keep trying and don't quit, I'm still succeeding. The successes and failures seems to even out a bit over time and simply become a part of the overall journey.

As for goals: I set them high and have no trouble changing them as I need to in order to keep them reachable. Jan 1st I wanted to reach my ultimate goal weight by Dec 31st. There came a point where I knew it wouldn't happen. I changed the goal. I reached a point where I knew it wouldn't happen again. I changed the goal again. Even if I miss that goal, it's a goal that is reachable and I will continue to work for it. But if I don’t make it, I will be kind to myself, know that I tried and will set new goals for 2016. So far this year, I've lost 30 pounds. That isn't the 60 I set out to lose. But it's 30 that I lost because I kept trying. Along the way this year, I have developed some really good, healthy habits and I feel so much better physically and emotionally.

Sometimes, I wish I could be one of those folks that's able to just jump into it, exercise like crazy, eat perfect, and lose quickly. But I'm not. So, I continue to work at being a better me and be okay to keep moving forward most of the time. I would recommend to others, to not wait until you're my age (57), to finally get on the right track with the healthy stuff. (Hoping this doesn't sound too preachy. I've been on MFP for 1 year, as of yesterday, and I'm feeling a bit reflective this week.)

Thank you for your insightful post! It was great to read and I agree with you on many of your points. It can be so difficult to focus and be diligent but as long as we are making small steps and effort along the way we can bring it all together. I am struggling to get out of my previous habits and its not comfortable and annoying but I know I need to do it. Congratulations on your 30 pound loss! That is fabulous! I hope 2016 can bring the other part of your goal to you. Developing good healthy habits is the the thing you can be most proud of perhaps. :)
  • J3inOTT
    J3inOTT Posts: 4 Member
    My Challenge is that I am pretty good during the day, then tend to slide in the evening! Need to get smarter about my evening snacks!
  • J3inOTT wrote: »
    My Challenge is that I am pretty good during the day, then tend to slide in the evening! Need to get smarter about my evening snacks!
    I have the same challenge as you. I'm perfectly fine during the day and then I snack way too much at night.

• thom2369
    J3inOTT wrote: »
    I have the same challenge as you. I'm perfectly fine during the day and then I snack way too much at night.

Me too...I finish my dinner and feel full but want to keep eating so badly. Especially something sugary or "carby" even after dinner I'd crave a pbj sandwich...ummm no..can't happen. Try to kill this desire with as few calories as possible. Tea with honey, some extra fruit, small snack.
  • thom2369
    I have not been feeling that well over the past week. With Christmas and the big weekend I ate A LOT of really rich foods and wine and while it was delicious I feel like I have not been doing my part. Sleeping has been so difficult for me, especially when my bf sleeps over or I sleep at his. It is like it is impossible for me to sleep. (We only each have a super twin bed). I just don't get it. I have some anxiety issues and it bugs me :(

Then yesterday I had two lipomas removed from my arm and waistline area that are fatty lumps but were painful to the touch. That was not fun. Plus seriously I have not slept peacefully in two nights plus my period seems to be late. Really stressing out ladies.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    The holidays are nice, good to see everyone and catch up and enjoy good food, but totally stressful as well with the change of routine and dietary changes...<sigh>...not sleeping well, having way too much chocolate, injured heel, and just feeling like I'm fighting off a cold...however, I'll keep plugging away and try to get more rest and get off the darned sugar...
  • JMarcella57
    thom2369 wrote: »
    I have not been feeling that well over the past week. With Christmas and the big weekend I ate A LOT of really rich foods and wine and while it was delicious I feel like I have not been doing my part. Sleeping has been so difficult for me, especially when my bf sleeps over or I sleep at his. It is like it is impossible for me to sleep. (We only each have a super twin bed). I just don't get it. I have some anxiety issues and it bugs me :(

Then yesterday I had two lipomas removed from my arm and waistline area that are fatty lumps but were painful to the touch. That was not fun. Plus seriously I have not slept peacefully in two nights plus my period seems to be late. Really stressing out ladies.

Rest is an amazing thing! Praying that you get some good sleep before New Year's.