TurboFire Fall 2015 Check In

Options
13»

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Coach, you had mentioned that, what a horrible loss for you, your family and your community. I am sorry.

Happy 26th Anniversary, that is amazing! Enjoy the beach.

We are having a strange December here in NY. It was in the 60's over the weekend and xmas is suppose to be around 65!! I love it.

I haven't been logging much either, too much going on in my life right now.

My new job starts January 18th, I have a few weeks off in between. I cannot wait, I have not had 18 days in a row off since my Summer vacation of my Junior year in high school!!! I hope it doesn't go by too quickly.

January 4th ~ Fire 30 will probably be where I jump back in.

Have a great day!
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Are you going to follow the program or do a hybrid?

The beach was absolutely awesome. We went to Sunset Beach, NC. Once you cross the waterway via bridge you are on an island with nothing but houses. No stores, restaurants, bars, banks, anything. It is so serene. We fell in love with it. It was our first time ever there. The weather was terrific.

Next week we'll be headed to Florida and the following week we'll go to Ohio visiting our friends and family. I always enjoy being home for the holidays, so this will be different.
  • awilliamslee784
    awilliamslee784 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hello Coach and Amy!

Coach, you have my deepest sympathies regarding the losses of your students.

Amy, congratulations on the new job! Also the pond looks wonderful!

I have been trying to stay motivated with TF but the late nights from doing class work to the early mornings trying to get kids ready for school is kicking my behind. I finally got hired as a substitute teacher for a local school district so it will be back to work for me in the new year. It is going to be an adjustment for the boys because they re used to me walking them to and from school every day. The fun part will be trying to arrange morning childcare for the 4 that go to school.

• BeLightYear
    Options
    I won't be following any schedule exactly, just picking out workouts as I go :smiley: Monday - Friday. I need to get back to TF and back to walking, my Fitbit hasn't seen 10,000 steps in quite a while :blush:

Are you still going to get a Fitbit for next year Coach?

Your vacation sounds like it was perfect. I hope your Florida trip is too.

Congratulations on your new job Lexi. Any luck finding morning daycare? That's a handful!

TGIF!

• coachreyes
    Options
    Sounds like you have your hands full Lexi. I know you'll get through it. I still haven't got my Fitbit but I think I will when we get back home. I really want it. Visiting is fun but I am yearning for my own bed. I miss the dogs too.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Fire 30 and walking is on for tomorrow, hope to see you there!!
  • awilliamslee784
    awilliamslee784 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! We start back with TurboFire for real :# All this slacking off I have been doing has caught up to me. I'll be starting my new assignment tomorrow as a substitute teacher's aid for the whole month. I also passed my grad school class with a B and classes start back up this week too. As my mom says "Back to life, back to reality"
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Congrats passing your Grad school class. I'm excited about 2016. My youngest son graduates HS in May and my oldest gets married in October. I need a new suit and I want one in a smaller size!