Getting back on track

Options
Hi everyone. I'm in the middle of week 6 and have lost 19.8 pounds so far. I have 95 to lose overall. On Saturday I had a bite of my husbands candy and I've been completely off plan and out of ketosis all week. Today I ate 2 slices of cheese cake :-( I was so focused and motivated in the beginning, but now I crave all the bad stuff again and I'm utterly miserable. All I think about is what I'm missing out on (lattes when I run errands, a glass of wine etc). I work for a doctor's office and we just started offering ideal protein. I'm one of the first patients and supposed to represent the clinic at an open house event in 6 weeks, but I feel like such a cheat. How can I get back on track?

Replies

• FutureThoughts
    FutureThoughts Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not doing IP but started looking into it. Having said that, I did recently do a 21-day cleanse-type thing that sounds very similar to IP. I held strong to the way of eating beyond the 21 day plan because of the results, the way i felt, and generally liked what i was eating, but then about 2 weeks ago went way off the rails on food - it started like yours did - just a small thing or two, and then because of stress/pms/etc I allowed it to go way off. I regressed to my horrible old habits for about 10 days, and have been slowly reigning myself back in to eating healthy again. How? A conscious effort to have my apple for breakfast on the way to work instead of the rushed cafeteria pancake when i got there. And forcing (and boy, do i mean forcing) myself to cook one night so i had lunches for a few days. I'm still only like 50% with eating right, but i'm getting back on track! You can do it, believe in yourself and think of how good it felt, both physically and emotionally while you were on track. You can get back to it!

Also, getting back to the gym helped tremendously to get the eating going right again. That honestly was the biggest help - I don't want all the work I do there weakened by my horrible eating. The first day back sucked, but today was better :)
  • jcw204
    jcw204 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have totally lost control of er Christmas. I still have 35 lbs to go...maybe more. I am getting on track New Year's Day. Then going to weigh a week later and see where I am at. No use dwelling on the mistakes--everyone keep you head up and get back on track :)
  • wuv2bloved
    wuv2bloved Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm in the middle of week 6 and have lost 19.8 pounds so far. I have 95 to lose overall. On Saturday I had a bite of my husbands candy and I've been completely off plan and out of ketosis all week. Today I ate 2 slices of cheese cake :-( I was so focused and motivated in the beginning, but now I crave all the bad stuff again and I'm utterly miserable. All I think about is what I'm missing out on (lattes when I run errands, a glass of wine etc). I work for a doctor's office and we just started offering ideal protein. I'm one of the first patients and supposed to represent the clinic at an open house event in 6 weeks, but I feel like such a cheat. How can I get back on track?

Hi, My name is Lisa and I lost 249lbs on Ideal Protein in 2 years...I started in April 2011 and finished April 2013. I had a tummy tuck done Oct 2013. Here it is 2016 and I have to say losing the weight was easy, I never "cheated" for the whole 2 years. My way of thinking was I KNEW how everything tasted, I couldn't have it NOW but I also KNEW that one day I would be able to eat that again. In Oct 2015 I got on the scale and 50lbs creeped back on!!...I went back to my old eating habits of NOT eating which is WORSE than eating junk! As of today I am at 243lbs...my goal is to be at 220 again. I am getting there, it just takes time....you HAVE to put it in your head that you are allergic to carbs....the bad stuff it will make you swell. THIS is what I tell myself daily. From My experience it was easier to get it off than to KEEP IT OFF!!!....I am not using Ideal protein Products...I am basically following the protocol, I was a diet coach for IP for 2 years BOTH of the clinic I worked out closed down because the people who owned it weren't following it EXACT so they lost faith and belief in it. YOU are working at a CLINIC....YOU are the best motivation for your people.....if they see YOU losing and you share YOUR ups and downs with them....you will see amazing results! YOU are your BEST motivation...YOU have to WANT it!!...YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • wuv2bloved
    Options
    Hi, I'm not doing IP but started looking into it. Having said that, I did recently do a 21-day cleanse-type thing that sounds very similar to IP. I held strong to the way of eating beyond the 21 day plan because of the results, the way i felt, and generally liked what i was eating, but then about 2 weeks ago went way off the rails on food - it started like yours did - just a small thing or two, and then because of stress/pms/etc I allowed it to go way off. I regressed to my horrible old habits for about 10 days, and have been slowly reigning myself back in to eating healthy again. How? A conscious effort to have my apple for breakfast on the way to work instead of the rushed cafeteria pancake when i got there. And forcing (and boy, do i mean forcing) myself to cook one night so i had lunches for a few days. I'm still only like 50% with eating right, but i'm getting back on track! You can do it, believe in yourself and think of how good it felt, both physically and emotionally while you were on track. You can get back to it!

Also, getting back to the gym helped tremendously to get the eating going right again. That honestly was the biggest help - I don't want all the work I do there weakened by my horrible eating. The first day back sucked, but today was better :)

Make sure you are getting enough protein in your body. Your body NEEDS the protein to lose the fat!....How I would cook is on my day off I would grill enough meat to eat for 5 days and would just have to warm it up when it was time to eat. Or make a crockpot of soup and put it into single serving containers. BE PREPARED that is the key!
  • wuv2bloved
    Options
    jcw204 wrote: »
    I have totally lost control of er Christmas. I still have 35 lbs to go...maybe more. I am getting on track New Year's Day. Then going to weigh a week later and see where I am at. No use dwelling on the mistakes--everyone keep you head up and get back on track :)

Mistakes are part of life.....the key to the mistakes is this.....ask yourself....what did I learn from that mistake?....did that cake taste any different from the last time I ate it? when we make these "mistakes" how long does the "taste" last? 5-10 mins....is it worth it?....nawwwww its not!!...You can do this!
  • officialphotochic
    officialphotochic Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Trust me from somebody who knows and I have been through it I had weight loss surgery I lost a hundred and fifty pounds and then gained back 36 ups and downs of gains and stalls it's all part of the process it doesn't mean you're failing and it doesn't mean you're not a good example it means that you're a human being so show your patients how I deal protein can work to get you back on track as well and how easy it is when we all go off track for a little while to get right back at it you're a good example trust me I've been put in this position I was a spokesperson for my hospital for weight loss surgery Ideal Protein is a tool and it's going to help sometimes and then sometimes it's not and you're going to have to go back to it I wish you the best of luck remember we're all human
  • scatterdglas
    scatterdglas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I totally understand as well. I'm on week 20 of IP and have lost 51 so far. I had gastric bypass back in 2004 and went from 420 to 220. Over the past 12 years crept back up to 312...which is when I started this program. It works. Its rough at times..but it you really give your self the care you deserve...you can do it. You'll have times where you really just want to scream perhaps..but its life. It should be life. LOL..if it weren't ...we wouldn't be in these situations would we. Good luck to you!!
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that while tracking my food on MFP, it does not take the fiber in consideration. My carbs shows a very high count because of this. Does anyone now how to fix this?
  • MamaGraff
    MamaGraff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I lost 28 pounds in 2013 following IP. since then, I have gained 12 pounds back. I started back last week and I am so excited because I am already down 5.6 pounds. This way of eating works! This is seriously the only thing that has worked for me. I have changed many things in my life since my original weight loss so even though I gained some back, I feel I still know what I should eat.
    This program is awesome!
  • thurzalou
    thurzalou Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For anyone who is doing Ideal Protein, read the book "The Beck Diet Solution". I have been a weight loss coach for Ideal Protein for 6 years.. I have struggled with losing weight my entire life. I just finished the book, and I have to say it helped me with my own struggle, and it helped me to become a better coach. Actually follow the guidelines that she gives you in the book and don't say "I don't have time for all of that". Because if you don't have time for the steps that she recommends.. you probably are not prioritizing your health and weight loss.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    thurzalou wrote: »
    For anyone who is doing Ideal Protein, read the book "The Beck Diet Solution". I have been a weight loss coach for Ideal Protein for 6 years.. I have struggled with losing weight my entire life. I just finished the book, and I have to say it helped me with my own struggle, and it helped me to become a better coach. Actually follow the guidelines that she gives you in the book and don't say "I don't have time for all of that". Because if you don't have time for the steps that she recommends.. you probably are not prioritizing your health and weight loss.

Thanks! I'll check it out for sure. I have a friend doing IP who is constantly making excuses for not eating properly or drinking her water etc, saying she is too busy or water makes her go to the bathroom too much at work, that sort of stuff. If you really want this you will find a way to work it. Excuses are what got me to 240lbs. I'm done with them;