What This is All About...

Options
DeeDiddyGee
DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
edited December 2015 in Social Groups
Whether you are just finishing the C25K program and would like to move on to Couch to 10K (Zen Labs version), or if you've never run/jogged before, please join us. We will be covering the Couch to 10k training schedule - from the very first step to being able to run a 10K (6.2 miles). If you just finished my C25K group (DeeDiddyGee's C25K Program), the first few weeks will be easy for you -- it's not about distance, it's about interval training - burning fat/toning muscle with run/jog combinations.

I started using this program a couple of years ago, and was doing great -- FELT GREAT, GOT TONED UP, AND REDUCED STRESS considerably...then, winter came, I got fat, and LAZY, and had to start over...ugghh..

Starting January 4th, please join me. I will post this 12-week training program, one session at a time. We will walk/jog/run 3X per week. Each week has three workouts -- I post Day 1 on Mondays, Day 2 on Wednesdays, and Day 3 on Fridays -- you can choose any 3 days per week you'd like, as long as you have a rest day between each workout.

Hope to see you here!

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K on December 5.

This group has come along at a good time!

I downloaded the Zen Labs 10K app yesterday. Not sure I can wait till Jan 4 to start! ;)

• DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

I downloaded the Zen Labs 10K app yesterday. Not sure I can wait till Jan 4 to start! ;)

No need to wait...follow the urge...
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am in I will start on January the 4th with ya
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Cylinda30 wrote: »
    I am in I will start on January the 4th with ya

Welcome, Cylinda! We will see you on January 4th. We're off to a GREAT 2016!
  • k4tie82
    k4tie82 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    k4tie82 wrote: »
    I'm IN!!

OMG! You are one of my MFP motivations! I am so honored that you are joining us!!!
  • Jenn112358
    Jenn112358 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm game for this :)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Jenn112358 wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm game for this :)

Welcome, Jenn! We are thrilled to have you!
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just downloaded the app. :smile: can't wait to start and have some accountability!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Hi! Just downloaded the app. :smile: can't wait to start and have some accountability!

Thank you for joining us!!!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Glad I got here in time. I find it's easier to stick with a program when you know what you have to do everyday instead of guessing. Good luck and work hard everybody
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    wadesha wrote: »
    Glad I got here in time. I find it's easier to stick with a program when you know what you have to do everyday instead of guessing. Good luck and work hard everybody

Welcome! We are glad to have you! We will start next Monday! :)
  • Shortontime
    Shortontime Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the c25k app on Wednesday. Can I join here? or should I start a new group?
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    I'm starting the c25k app on Wednesday. Can I join here? or should I start a new group?

Sure, you can join in here! Glad to have you!
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Its almost that time and I am happy.
  • Orphia
    Options

I did 7 km this morning! :smiley:
  • Orphia
    Options

Yay! Happy you're here!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options

I did 7 km this morning! :smiley:

You ROCK!!!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options

:)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hey, everyone! We are getting ready to rock and roll on Monday, January 4th. Grab a buddy and tell them to join this group. Here is the link (for your convenience): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/110336-deediddygees-couch-to-10k-starting-january-4th, if you want to invite someone to join you! Did you know that wogging (walking/jogging) with a buddy is proven to increase your stamina! Everyone is welcome. Let's start 2016 with a bang!